Baby, Don't Break Me

"Bittersweet Memories"

YOONGBIN'S POV

Two weeks passed and we only had another two weeks more to get our performance right. The last two weeks were hectic. Practices everyday. The song is pretty long so the pressure is high too. We are finally nailing the dance. 

Things between Yeonchan and Minho are fine. She barely notices he's there. It's like nothing ever happened. Onew and Seulchan on the other hand, they have been hanging out every night after practices. She comes home very late too... 

Wonder what she's upto! I giggled, remembering the time Yeonchan and I asked her and she was blushing like an idiot!

Today it was just Key, Jonghyun and Onew mentoring us. Taemin and Minho were having a photoshoot for "High Cut" apparently. 

"Get back to practices guys," Key called us. "We only have another hour to practice."

We were almost at the half of the dance when Key suddenly shouted at me. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU DANCE HALF-WAY AS IF YOU ARE BORED!"

I looked at him dumbstruck.

"I was doing Jessica unnie's step where she doesn't really dance properly." 

Key walked up to me. "Are you really going to look close at Sica's mistakes?"

His nostrils were flaring. He continued.

"Noona has worked hard during her trainee days and they have nine members. So, it really doesn't mind if one person screws up! But you! You are still a trainee! Act like one!"

"Yeah... you will stand up to your Barbie doll!" I muttered.

"What did you say?" he said his hand coming down to slap me. But then it stopped mid air. I looked up to see Jonghyun oppa holding Key's hand. 

I looked at Key. From his expression he looked horrified. 

Pain was running through my veins, tears pooled my eyes and my vision got blurry. I had to get out of this place...

So I ran... and ran... and ran.. 

SEULCHAN'S POV

Oh my gawd! was all I could think as I saw Key trying to slap Yoongbin. I knew he was a jerk. Didn't know he was this bad.

This is not good, I thought. But I can't argue with Key. While I was arguing with my mind about what to do Yoongbin dashed past me. Yeonchan and I chased behind her.

I could see that she was crying. We shouted her name, but she wouldn't stop. 

"I'll go behind her in the car," Yeonchan told me quickly. "You tell the guys that we will meet up again tomorrow. You come home with Onew." 

I nodded and watched Yeonchan run to the car and drive off behind Yoongbin. 

I walked back to the practice room in a daze. 

Onew was waiting for me and Key had his back to me. Jonghyun was holding him by the shoulder. 

"Where did she go?" Jonghyun asked as I came in. 

"I dunno.." I said looking at Key.

Key looked at the ceiling, in distress it seemed like.

I walked up to him. 

"You have some problem you know?" I told him. "You don't know what she's going through. You had no right to talk to her like that. She gave up staying with her boyfriend for this! You don't know any of that... And she's trying hard."

"No one and I mean no one messes with Yoongbin-ah!" I said tears streaming down my own face. 

Onew held me as I let it all go. 

"I have to go home," I told him. 

We walked out. I took one final look at Key. 

He was in pain. It was clear.

 

YEONCHAN'S POV

I saw Yoongbin run to our appartment. I would have told her to get into the SUV, but I knew she needed it. I parked the car and ran off behind her. The appartment door was open, like she expected me there. 

I closed the door behind me and went to find her. I found her in the bedroom, kneeling down near the bed and crying loud. She saw me and I could see a helpless look in her eyes. 

I knelt down and hugged her. Her sobs got louder.

"I want to go. I want to go to Malaysia. I want to go to Xenon," she kept saying. I shushed her and said nothing. 

"I can't do this anymore unnie," Yoongbin said looking at me. 

"Yes you can Yoongbin-ah. Yes you can," I encouraged her.