Someone to save you

"Bittersweet Memories"

YOONGBIN'S POV

I could hear voices outside the door, but I wasn't bothered to get out there and see what was going on. I stayed where I was, on the floor... thinking!

I looked outside the window trying to count the stars hoping that the voices outside will be drowned by the thoughts.

Then I heard Yeonchan's shriek and I jumped a mile. Since I was around 16 I was very scared of loud noises. Just then my counting was interrupted when the room door was open. 

I turned to see who it was. To my surprise it was Key. 

I was half-scared and half-sad. I wanted him to go. So I scurried away from where I was. 

He got the message and he sat near the door,feet away from me. 

He continued to look at me and I continued to look down at the floor. My heart was beating so fast I swore he could hear it. 

"I'm sorry," he said breaking the ice. 

He continued, "Since the first day you came here, you caught my eye. You were special."

I looked at him. He saw the question in my eyes. 

"Why I acted like a jerk towards you? Truthfully, because you reminded me of my ex-girlfriend. Cute, hard-working and..." he stopped. 

I was listening intentively, very curious. 

"Anyway," he continued, "she cheated on me and it took me almost 5 months to get over it. I'm really sorry... Wish you could have gotten to know the better me."

I didn't say anything in response, not knowing what to say.

"I'll go then," he said getting up to leave.

"Stay!" said a voice that didn't sound like mine. He looked at me for awhile and came and sat down next to me. 

We were silent for awhile. 

Then I started, "They say things will get better, but when?"

Tears were pouring now.

"It's not changing anything for me. I'm worthless," I said my sobbing getting louder.

He held me closer to him, "stop crying, stop crying," he was mumbling in my ear.

"Everyday is a struggle, Key. I don't even get to see my boyfriend. I hurt everyday." 

He was keeping silent, rocking me.

"I'm leaving."

I swear his breathing stopped for a moment. 

He took my chin upto him and he looked me in the eye, "Are you gonna say goodbye?"

I nodded.

"I really don't want to hear it," he said tears in his eyes. 

I choked on my own tears. 

"I'm in love with you," he whisphered. 

I cried loud now... I have always wanted to hear those words, but it's wrong. This wasn't right. 

He cupped my chin. I looked at him and said, "Just let me go." 

"They say that you can't lose something you never had, and maybe I don't deserve you. I never did," he said releasing me. He stood up and walked to the door. 

Before opening it he looked at me and said, "Nobody ever said it would be easy, no one ever said it would be so hard either. You are strong and brave. You will get this right. I promise." 

Then he was gone. Gone for good, I knew!