Step Nine

10 Steps To Hear: Saranghae ♥
nine.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how much time has passed since I set foot in the dorm. I just know that this day was one of my favorite days and I think you know why. After spending didn't know how long time kissing, we decided to go to the living room and the rest of the afternoon passed quickly. When I found myself it was late and I had to go. Youngjae accompanied me to the door and I turned to him to say goodbye.

"Thank you for this great afternoon." I opened the biggest smile that ever appeared in my mouth, such was my happiness. I don't know how I can still be here breathing and feel my heart pounding. All the feelings that I so wanted to feel, so many things I wanted to do with him, were emerging slowly. They say, those who wait always achieve, and it's true, I had to wait 1 year to kiss, hug and hear him say cute things but I haven't heard, well, you know what.

"No need to thank jagiya. You know I always love to spend the good time I have with you." He hugged my shoulders and kissed my hair. It was so good to feel how much he liked me but only gestures, isn't enough. Maybe I'm being a bit exaggerated for wanting to hear so much 'I love you' but I think its super normal between couples. They say these things, right?

"Yah, stop being so lame, bleh." I heard a familiar voice complaining and Youngjae broke the hug. Both look at the person and saw that it was Zelo.

"Oh shut up and disappear. Now." Youngjae said in a serious tone, pointing his index finger at him and Zelo shrugged and disappeared from our sight. "Where we were going?" He asked, turning to me.

"Oh, well, we were saying goodbye." I said and looked at the black clock that was on my wrist. "I have to go and you have to sleep well because you have a schedule tomorrow." I said and he nodded. “Bye.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and waved to him. I went down the flight of stairs and looked at the sky. Some stars were shining brightly and a smile opened up in my mouth. Today the sky was extraordinarily beautiful. My feet gave light and slow steps, while my mind was thinking of the magnificent afternoon I spent today until I heard my name being called. I stopped walking and turned my face back. My eyes stopped on the person I loved so much, Yoo Youngjae. He saw that I had stopped and ran until reached me.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you something." He said with his voice ragged because of the race, although he had run just a bit.

"Youngjae, you need to do sports." I scolded making small pops with my tongue. He ran his hand through his hair and looked at me incredulously.

“Wae? You don't like me as I am? I need to gain more muscles?" He asked a question after another while looking at his own body.

"Silly. I was being sarcastic." I said patting with my hand on his head. "Tell me what you forgot to say." I said and he joined my fingers with his. Every time he touched me I felt comforted and protected.

"Tomorrow after my schedule, you wanna go to the park?" He asked, smiling warmly at me.

"Of course I want." I said without thinking twice.

"Good. See you tomorrow then." He released my fingers and turned to go to the dorm. I returned to my way home but my feet stopped walking because I heard my name being called for the second time. I turned my face again to face Youngjae.

"You forgot something again?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as he stopped in front of me. He nodded slightly and his cheeks blushed. What was that I said or did? Why is he suddenly blushing? Oh my God, I definitely will never understand his mind. After minutes of silence of him looking at my face, I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes. "Earth calls, Youngjae." I sang softly. He shook his head and blinked a few times.

“Oh sorry.” He whispered. "I just think you're so beautiful." He said looking at the floor. Oh God, I think the kiss is making effect.

"Oh.. Oh, ok. You are beautiful too." I said and he blushed more. This moment reminds me of when we first met. "But going forward. What you forgot to say this time?" I asked trying to pass the shame.

"I forgot this." He approached his face and joined our lips catching me completely off guard. Seconds passed and he broke the kiss. I blinked a few times and saw that he had a frisky smile on his lips. "Tomorrow at 1pm, we met in the park." He said and kissed my forehead and then made ​​his way to the dorm leaving me bewildered in the middle of the street. I put my hand on my chest. I could feel my heart beating so hard in the chest; it felt like I was having a heart attack. After my heart feels calmer, a cheerful smile appeared on my lips and I walked to my house feeling the mint flavor on my lips.

 

****

 

I opened my eyes slowly and looked out the window. The sun had already risen and apparently I had to get up but I don't feel like it. I the bed and grabbed the phone to see the time. 10:19 am. Ah, I can still sleep a little longer, if you haven't noticed, I like to sleep, and I like to sleep especially because of my dreams that include Youngjae. I put the phone on top of the bedside table, leaned my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. I was about to fall asleep when my phone started vibrating, waking me from my almost sleep. A little irritated, I grabbed the phone and looked at the screen, it was Sunni.

"Tell me what you want." I answered a little brute.

"Hey, chill out, kid. The day has barely started and you're already in a bad mood?" She asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes and sighed. Seeing that I didn't answer, she continued to speak. "Tell me ______-ah, tell me." She said excited and I rolled my eyes a second time.

"I tell you what?" I asked unnoticed.

"How was the... KISS." She screamed the last word and I had to ward off the phone from my ear.

"Yah, you almost made ​​me deaf." I said and got up from the bed. I'm sure I wouldn't sleep more.

"Sorry, sorry. So how was it?" She asked with winches. Jesus, it wasn't she who was kissed and she is like this.

"I'd rather tell you personally." I opened the drawer of the bedside table to read the ninth step.

"Oh ok. Good, then read the next step." She ordered.

"I'll read now." I said and looked at the small line that was written near the end of the paper.

 

'Ninth step: Tell him you love someone else besides him.'

 

What is that supposed to mean? Say that I love someone else besides Youngjae, never in my life I will do that. I don't love anyone else, just him. Well, I love my parents and my friends but it's a different love. What kind of step is this? I think if I tell this to Youngjae, he will feel insulted, or worse, will think I've been this whole time playing with his feelings.

"Sunni... I.. I guess I will not be able to make the ninth step." I said in a muffled voice, just thinking the words that I must say, a nostalgic feeling, made ​​presence in my body.

"Oh why?" She asked and snorted. "It's so easy. Just say 'I love someone else too,' isn't it easy?" She asked.

"Of course it isn't easy." I protested. "These words can hurt Youngjae, and that's what I want the least." I sat on the bed and ran my fingers through the frame that mere days ago had put up on the bedside table with a new picture of Youngjae. A fan had taken it and posted it on tumblr and I loved the picture so much that I had to print and put it in a frame.

"______, believe me that you will not hurt him." She said in a serious tone and I sighed.

"How are you so sure?" I asked. I still had my doubts.

"I have a finger that guesses. Oh I don’t know. Just trust me." She said and I sighed for the second time, but this time it was a sigh of defeat. She knows that I trust her a lot and have to admit that her feeling, almost never fails.

"Ok ok. I'll make the ninth step." I said and got up from the bed.

"Good, I got to go now. Good luck." She spoke in haste and then hung up the call. Well, it's best to get dressed and go to the park. I don't want Youngjae, wait for me. I take off the pajamas and wore some comforting clothes. I left the house and walked to the park. Each step I took to the park my heart grew faster. I was afraid, very afraid and that's not good. I arrived at the park and it was empty. The leaves swayed in the wind and the swings too. I approached a swing and sat down. I leaned my head on the rope of the swing and closed my eyes. How can I ever say that Youngjae isn't the only person that I love? How will I get to say that? I don't know if I can but I have to be strong. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes, I turned my face to the right side and my eyes looked to a smiling Youngjae.

"Hello jagiya. Are you been here long?" He asked sitting on another swing at my side.

"Hi. No, I just arrived." I said with a small smile.

"You know something jagiya?" He asked looking at the blue sky accompanied by a hot sun and some clouds.

"No, what?" I asked a little curious and looked at him. He was so handsome in profile. I'm so lucky to have him.

"You're the most important person to me." He said continuing to look at the sky and my heart skipped a beat. "I've been thinking lately and I'm sure that if I lost you, I wouldn't be able to live more so you can only die when I die and this will happen when our kids already have their family, and our grandchildren are already adults.” He finished talking and looked at me. I tried to fight back the tears and I managed. "You are the apple of my eye and I? I am the only boy in your eyes?" He asked and I gulped. I got to say, what the ninth step says.

"Well, you're the most important person to me but I don't love just you. I have another person who also I love." I said in a whisper but I'm sure he heard, because when I finished speaking, he got up and stood on his knees in front of me.

“Who?” He asked staring at my eyes and at that moment my phone vibrated. I averted my eyes from his and grabbed the phone. I had received a message from my mother. I pressed the button to open the message and read it.

 

Mom: ‘______-ah, your eomma has good news. You're going to have a little brother in a few months.'

 

My eyes widened when I read the message and felt the relief covering my body. I put the phone in the pocket and looked at Youngjae. He was still waiting for my answer. I gave a small smile and his cheek.

"I love my future little brother." I said smiling more and he sighed with relief.

"Good. For minutes I was scared." He put a hand on his chest and sighed once more. "You can only love me." He said and I raised an eyebrow. He saw my expression and coughed. "I mean, you can only love me and your future little brother." He rubbed his neck and I laughed.

"You are so silly, Yoo Youngjae." I laughed more and his hair. He laughed too and looked directly into my eyes.

"______, I want to tell you something very important." He said with a straight face and I nodded for him to continue. "I lo.." My eyes began to widen with the words he started to say, but he hadn’t finished speaking because he was interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone. "Just give me a minute." He said getting up and answered the phone. After a few 'yeses' he hung up the call and looked at me. "I'm sorry jagiya but my manager called me now. I have to go to TS. I talk to you later." He kissed the top of my head and disappeared from my sight in mere minutes. At this point I had the urge to kill the manager of Youngjae. He ruined completely the moment.

 

Ninth step: Successfully complete, but my heart is crying because I would hear the long awaited 'I love you' but fate is against me.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Ohhh, just one more ^^. Ahhh, sorry, I'm always thanking but you guys are so dear to me and make me write big chapters.. I love you all ♥