Step Six

10 Steps To Hear: Saranghae ♥
six.
_______________________________________________________________________________

'Yah unnie, wake up.. Wake up, it's time to get up, unnie..' The alarm of my cell phone started ringing. I touched the bedside table to grab the phone and turned off the alarm. I put the phone back on top of the nightstand and the alarm started ringing again. I picked up the phone, turned off the alarm clock and threw it to the bottom of the bed. Today I was ill, my head throbbed, my forehead was hot and my throat hurt, oh, how wonderful. A bit reluctantly I pulled the blankets off me and sat on the bed. In my peripheral vision I saw something falling on the wooden floor. I turned my face to my right and saw that what had fallen on the floor was the paper of the steps. What was it doing here? I haven't kept it yesterday? Oh, yeah, now that I remembered, I would keep it but I felt so tired that I only had time to put on my pajamas and go to bed to sleep.

I got up from the bed and everything began to spin around me, I was dizzy. A rude word came out of my mouth and I sat again on the bed and put my hands on my head. Oh God, the pain is strong; I have to go to the kitchen to take a medicine to see if the pain subsides but first I have to read the sixth step. I got up out of bed again and grabbed the paper, smoothed it out and read the sixth step.

 

'Sixth step: Today is a good day to cuddle with him. When you're cuddling with him, you have to pretend that you fell asleep and hear what he tells you. I'm sure he'll say something you'll like and that you had never heard him say.'

 

Oh how wonderful, today is a good day to cuddle with Youngjae, no doubt, and the worst is that we never cuddled. I sighed and put the paper in the drawer of the bedside table, I picked up the phone and put it in the pocket of my pajamas. I opened my bedroom door and sighed again when I felt dizzy again. I put a hand on the white wall to support me, what do I have? I've never been like that. I dragged my feet until I stop on the stairs, why my house had to have stairs? It was so tiring. With one hand on the wall, I went down a flight of stairs, I was already in the middle of the stairs when I felt another dizziness, my foot missed a flight of stairs and I fell, the luck is that I fell on my and I ended up getting seated near the end of the stairs. Damn it, now my hurts too. I swallow the saliva to relieve the dryness of the throat and leaned my forehead against the cold wall; it relieved some of the pain. I closed my eyes and the doorbell rang, I opened my eyes and furrowed my brow, my ears started making a buzz because of the noise of the doorbell. I heard the ringing of the bell a few more times but I didn't get up, I was very weak. My phone started ringing; I looked at the screen and saw it was Youngjae.

“Yeobos.. Yeoboseyo.” I answered the call with a weak voice.

"Jagiya, are you home?" He asked without noticing my voice.

“Yeah, why?” I answered his question and then coughed, oh God, I'm a mess.

"I'm tired of ringing the bell, why you don't open the door?" He asked a little annoyed.

"Oh, it's you. Mian, I'll open the door." I hung up the call and I got up the stairs, a little tired. I dragged my feet to the door and opened it. My eyes met the eyes of Youngjae and he opened his mouth when he saw me. I know I shouldn't be well presented, I still have my pajama dress, I'm sure my hair was tousled and my cheeks should be stained because of the fever.

"Omo ______-ah, what you got?" He asked concerned and closed the door. I coughed again and he put a hand on my forehead. "Omo, your forehead is hot." He gasped and put his cold fingers on my cheek.

"Oh, that feels good." I said putting my fingers on top of his fingers. It was comforting to feel the softness of his fingers on my hot cheek, and the cold of his fingers soothed some of the pain.

"Yah ______, you have to go to bed. You need a few good hours of sleep." He patted my head and I looked at him. I hate being sick because I can’t go out with Youngjae and I hate wasting the opportunities that I have to be with him. I hate knowing he is free from a schedule and I'm sick. Why I had to get sick?

“Mian yeobo.” I said looking at the floor and pulled my fingers from his. "I wasted our chance to get out." I sighed and Youngjae approached his face to mine and placed a kiss on my cheek causing my heart beats increased.

"No need to apologize, I'll stay here with you and I'll take care of you, okay?" He asked and a big smile appeared on my lips. I think I'm not so sad about getting sick anymore.

“Ok.” I nodded and hugged him. "Gomawo Youngjae, by showing up in my life." I blurted, and he kissed my head.

"I also have to thank you for showing up in my life." He said and my cheeks flushed, thankfully, they were already red, so he wouldn't notice that I was blushing. "Now go to bed but first you have to change pajamas." He put a hand on my waist and helped me going up the stairs, I protested by him treat me like a child but he was stubborn. What can I do? Nothing. It is the only solution. He opened the bedroom door and removed his hand from my waist. "Go change your pajamas; I'll go to the kitchen to prepare something for you to eat." He said and then disappeared from sight. I sighed and went into the bathroom to change pajamas. After pajamas changed, I lay down in bed and closed my eyes. Oh, I want this pain to pass. A few minutes passed and I felt the bed sinking, I opened my eyes and saw Youngjae with a bowl of porridge. I frowned, I don't like porridge. Youngjae sat properly on the bed and touched me lightly on the arm.

"I don't want it." I pouted and turned my back to him.

"Yah, ______, I know you don't like porridge, but you have to eat it to make you feel better." He said in a gentle voice and I shook my head, I know I was being an authentic child right now but give me a break, I'm sick. "Please jagiya, eat and then I lie down on your side." He finished talking and I sat on the bed suddenly, and then put my hands on the head because I felt dizzy. "Aish, you see, you have to eat to make you feel better, pabo." Youngjae pinched my cheek and I sighed. I turned to face him and he filled a spoonful of porridge. "Say ahhh." He asked and I opened my mouth and he fed me, inside I was smiling, he was being so sweet to me.

Finally, I finished eating the porridge and Youngjae put the bowl on top of the nightstand. I lay down and Youngjae did the same. I turned to him and our eyes were at the same level, he smiled and me too. Oh my God, it was the first time that we were so close to each other. He came over to me and hugged me tenderly, he deposited me a kiss on the tip of my nose, and then rested his head on the curve of my neck, and I could feel his breath beating on my neck making my skin crawl.

"I'll sing a song for you, see if you sleep jagiya." He said and I nodded closing my eyes. “Haru jongil neol gieokhae, Gamogirado joha, Neo hana neoman isseumyeon sara.” He sang one of the phrases of the song 'Secret Love', I loved his voice, when he sang all my problems dissipated, he is my problem solver. A few minutes passed and he stopped singing. "You're sleeping jagiya?" He asked, and I didn't answer nor opened my eyes, I decided to do what the sixth step said to do. After all, we are cuddling, right? He raised his head and rubbed his nose on mine. "You know ______, I know I haven't been the best boyfriend in the world, and I know I don't have much time to be with you, I know that maybe one day you'll get tired of me but it happens that I'm selfish. I will not ever let you go." He ran his fingers across my forehead straighten my bangs and my heart started beating wildly because of the words he had said. Oh my God, I should have done this earlier. "You know ______, I knew right when I met you that you would be an important person in my life. I thought you were interesting when you smiled for the first time at me. You are so beautiful to my eyes." He grabbed my hand and the palm of my hand with his little finger. I don't know how I can be so calm. Internally, I was giving squeals of joy. "You know, ______, when I asked you to be my girlfriend, my heart felt like it would come out through my chest, and it was beating so wildly for you." He laughed and I bit my inner cheek to keep from smiling. Ah, it was so difficult to pretend to be asleep. "You are my first and last girlfriend." He kissed my cheek gently, in order to not wake me up. "When I look at you my heart starts beating wildly, my hands start to sweat and an instantaneous smile opens up in my mouth." He ran his fingers through my neck and rested his forehead on mine. "When you said you liked me, I didn't want to believe that of all the boys, you had chosen me. I was so happy and still am." He laughed again and rubbed his nose on mine, this time more gently. "I want to stay with you forever because you're the only girl for me." He kissed the tip of my nose. "You make that my days’ pay off because you're fulfilling my mind and my heart." He hugged me tightly and cradled me. "Please love me forever and never leave me."

My heart at this point looked like it would explode because of so many beats that he was beating every passing second. I didn't know he would tell me all these things, well; technically he didn't, because he thought I was asleep but I was smarter than him. He released the hug and I shifted a bit, I had to continue with the pretense. I blinked my eyes a few times and looked at Youngjae, he was smiling at me with a warm smile and the sun rays that were coming through my bedroom window was beating in his eyes making them brighter. Here, in front of me was the boy that I love so much.

“Hi.” I smiled at him and touched his face with my fingers. "How long am I asleep?" I asked and he looked at the clock that was on top of the bedside table.

"About half an hour." He kissed my fingers that were seconds ago, on his face. "You're better?" He asked and I nodded. Who wouldn't get better after hearing what he said? "Thankfully, look, you have to sleep more." He said and yawned involuntarily.

"It seems I'm not the only one who has to sleep." I said jokingly and he laughed.

"You're right." He patted my head. "Can I.. Can I sleep with you?" He asked and I saw his cheeks blushing.

"Sure." I said nodding and he gave me a big smile. He placed himself under the covers and hugged me tightly; I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. Both fell asleep cuddled to each other and the last thing I heard before falling into a deep sleep was his heart rhythms that came from his heart.

 

Sixth step: Successfully completed. Sometimes it pays off to be sick.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                          AUTHOR'S NOTES

4 more missing ^^. So if you want to know the translation of the phrase of the music, here it is: 'Throughout the day, I remember you, Even if I'm stuck, If I have you, I can live'. Cute right? ^^. Well, to finish the chapter today, I want to say that I love you all so much.. I have never been cherished as I am being, by you all ^^