Chapter 8

Effortless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Yoona set up the dvds, prepared the popcorn and dimmed the lights, she momentarily forgot the lying figure on the sofa. That’s why the two yelped in surprise when Yoona accidentally sat on Jessica’s sleeping form.

“Ouch.” Jessica groaned in pain.

Yoona hurriedly stood up as she tried looking at the girl through the darkness. “Jessica, I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?”

Jessica was rubbing her sides. “Wow, we aren’t halfway through the movie yet, but you’re already getting cozy with me.” Jessica stated with a teasing grin.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “You are too full of yourself. It was an accident.” She crossed her arms and sat as far from Jessica as the couch permitted.

Jessica looked at her oddly. “What are you doing?”

“I’m keeping my distance, so there won’t be any more misunderstandings.”

“Are we seriously doing this? I thought we were on good terms already?” Jessica pleaded with her soft voice.

“We are doing this Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Who told you we were in good terms?” Yoona stated in a sassy tone.

Jessica’s eyes widened. “H-how’d you know my Korean name?” Yoona looked at Jessica in concern. Jessica was breaking into a cold sweat and she could no longer hold herself from releasing a torrent of tears.

Yoona immediately moved and scooted close to her. Jessica looked like she was in shock. Yoona grew worried and she tried snapping the girl out of her trance. “Hey! Hey, Jessica! Yah! Snap out of it!”

Yoona succeeded as Jessica momentarily threw her a glance. Tears streamed from Jessica’s eyes as she broke into muffled sobs. Yoona hugged her and rubbed her back.

“Jessica, shhhh. It’s okay. Just let it all out. I’ll be here. Don’t hold back. Let it all go.” Yoona tried to reassure the girl in every way she could. She briefly pulled away, looked at her straight in the eyes and said, “Jessica, I’m here for you. I won’t get frightened and run way. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter