Chapter 4

Effortless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the preparations, the two of them headed to the dining area.

 

“Why is there only one plate?”

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell my maids a freeloader was joining me tonight.” Yoona replied caustically.

 

Jessica was about to let out a glare when Yoona suddenly snapped her fingers and two maids came out.

 

“Kindly set another one for my guest.” Yoona told them softly.

 

Jessica’s glare died down and she just sat down.

 

It took a lot for her to say it, nonetheless, she muttered a whispered “Thank you.”

 

“I can’t hear you.” Yoona demanded.

 

“Thank you.” Jessica repeated a little louder (+ 10 decibels to her previous voice).

 

“You are welcome.” Yoona responded with a thin line for a smile.

 

As the maid placed the plate and utensils on the table, Yoona noticed the sparks and anticipation on Jessica’s eyes.

She couldn’t avoid laughing at the sight of the girl eager to get her food.

 

Jessica then noticed Yoona laughing at her and she gave her a questioning gaze. “What?”

 

“Nothing. Dig in.”

 

Upon hearing the invitation, Jessica got as much as she could without hesitation. Yoona looked on in amusement.

 

Yoona then scooped up all the remaining food on the plate once Jessica was done getting her portion.

 

The two of them ate dinner in complete silence.

 

One was too concentrated on devouring her first decent meal in days, while the other was equally as focused on her food, but she still took a few glances at the girl in front of her.

 

As Jessica was halfway through her food, she noticed that no sounds were coming from Yoona’s side of the table. She was as hungry as she was curious, so she quickly lifted her head. She was surprised to see Yoona’s plate cleared without a single morsel. She then eyed the plate where the pasta was served, only to find it empty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter