Chapter 6

Effortless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Yoona had finally settled on an agreement. Yoona was allowed to use the yacht as long as Jessica was there to accompany her, along with that Yoona owed Jessica a week’s worth of meals.

Yoona was on the yacht preparing things while Jessica was still in the garage, using the controls to raise the garage door and let the yacht out.  Yoona had been waiting, but the garage door hadn’t been raised yet and no one was responding when she kept shouting Jessica’s name. After 10 minutes, Yoona got impatient and went off the yacht to find Jessica.

She kept yelling Jessica’s name as she walked around the mansion. The mansion was very huge and majestic. The winding staircase looked like it was taken straight out of Titanic. The chandeliers were huge and scintillating. The furniture was antique. The mansion screamed wealth and prosperity. As Yoona continued looking for Jessica, a figure suddenly popped out of nowhere.

“Yah! You scared me.” Yoona yelled as she held onto her chest to calm her erratically beating heart. If it was out of shock or something else Yoona didn’t know.

Jessica simply rolled her eyes and handed Yoona a life vest littered with Korilakkuma figures. Yoona couldn’t stop the glimmer from her eyes as she examined the vest.

“What is this? Didn’t I tell you I already brought vests?” Yoona asked in an attempt to divert Jessica’s attention from the slow grin forming on Yoona’s mouth.

“Well, I want to wear this one. This is what I usually wear when we used to go yachting.” Jessica replied. Yoona noticed the wistful look on Jessica’s face that she struggled to conceal. She then immediately thought of a topic to shift to.

“You should’ve told me where you were going. I was afraid for a moment.” Yoona said in mock anger.

Jessica silently thanked her for not pursuing the previous topic.

“Why? Are you scared of ghosts?” Jessica teased.

“Am not.”

“Why were you scared then? Or did you simply miss me?”

“You wish.”

Yoona then ignored her for the remainder of their walk back to the garage.

As they headed out to sea, Jessica noticed Yoona wasn’t wearing the vest she gave her.

“Hey, what are you wearing?”

“Why? What’s wrong with this?”

“It’s not cool.”

Yoona looked at Jessica in disbelief. “Really? It’s not cool? What kind of lame reasoning is that?”

“Well, you should’ve worn the Korilakkuma vest I gave you. You obviously liked it.” Jessica let out with a mischievous grin.

“I didn’t.”

“I saw how you fought the grin forming on your face. Im Yoona, I am not blind.”

“What?! There was no such thing.”

Jessica then moved closer making Yoona take two steps backward.

“What’s the problem with wearing it?”

“It’s childish.” Yoona frowned and turned around to face in another direction.

“Sheesh. We’re the only ones here. Who’ll think it’s childish?”

“Exactly. You’ll think I’m childish. Well, for your information, I am not.”

“Whoever said that is a complete idiot. I’m wearing the same vest, so I have no right whatsoever to judge you.” Jessica encouraged with a smile.

Jessica suddenly took out her vest.

“Do you want the Rilakkuma one?”

Yoona slowly turned around and hesitantly took it from Jessica’s hands. She was surprised at Jessica’s sweet gesture. You could’ve guessed what the color of her face was that she had to turn in order to conceal it from Jessica.

Jessica sighed. “You should’ve just told me you wanted that one. I wouldn’t have a problem wearing the Korilakkuma one.” Jessica then wore the Korilakkuma vest and stifled a chuckle at Yoona’s immaturity.

Yoona was genuinely touched. Rilakkuma was her favourite cartoon character. She offered a sincere smile and changed her vest. She then stood up to fix the sails so that they could already leave.

“Hey, Jessica can you help me with this?”

“Huh?” came Jessica’s muffled reply.

Once Yoona turned in her direction, she found the girl lying on front of the yacht with a hat covering her face. Here we go again. An argument was certainly brewing. Yoona was anticipating n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter