The Class Gathering

Love, Again

"And you're leaving me?" Jessica asked.

"I'm not leaving you, why're you saying that?" Taeyeon laughed at the choice of words her best friend had used, "I'm just going to the class gathering for one night."

Jessica said, "yeah... with Taecyeon."

"That doesn't mean I'm leaving you," Taeyeon replied, "I'm just heading there with him because his shift is ending an hour before the gathering, so we figured we might as well head there together."

"What if your classmates think you two are dating because you showed up together?" Jessica asked.

"Sica, that's not going to happen between Taecyeon and me, okay?" Taeyeon insisted.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you been waiting long?" Taeyeon asked once she met up with Taecyeon.

"No, my shift just ended a while ago," Taecyeon replied with a smile, "and they always said that a beautiful girl is always worth waiting for."

That made Taeyeon laugh out, "oh you and your jokes!"

"Well, that's not really a joke," Taecyeon thought to himself while they headed to his car. He could not help it. She was and still is the most beautiful girl to him.

He never actually did forget about her since she disappeared from his life. He never dared to confess his feelings, and could not help it when she went away. Even though he did date a few other girls, in his mind there was always her. He felt bad treating those girls unfairly, but he cannot make himself forget about her. Taecyeon did try. He tried really hard to forget Taeyeon. The problem is that it never succeeded.

And now, she is right in front of him.

"Is there something on my face?" Taeyeon looked confused, snapping Taecyeon out of his reverie.

Taecyeon quickly shook his head, a bit embarrassed that he was caught staring at her, "no no... I was just thinking about something... errr... should we buy something to bring there?"

"What for? We're heading to the bar for dinner, not someone's house. We don't have to bring something as a gift," Taeyeon then joked, "unless the culture has changed here in the few years I was away."

Taecyeon laughed, "no, definitely not. Nothing has changed... Let's go then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told Taecyeon that day, the bride was really strong! I swear!" Taeyeon was telling the story to her classmates, who she had not met for many years. They were all laughing at her story, though some of them looked skeptical.

"No exaggerations?" a girl named Hyoyeon asked.

"Nope, I swear it on my family name!" Taeyeon nodded her head.

"Oh goodness. That must have been an epic wedding then!" Yoona was laughing out loud.

When everyone cooled down from laughing and they broke off to talk in small groups, Yoona, who was sitting next to Taeyeon, whispered to her, "so... you and Taecyeon? And you never told me after we were emailing all the time?"

Taeyeon whispered back in an urgent tone, "no! We're not dating. We just met that day again." Jessica was right.

"But..." Yoona almost blurted it out. How Taecyeon had feelings for Taeyeon in the past.

"But...?" Taeyeon asked.

"But..." Yoona racked her brains trying to think of an excuse, "but... you... didn't talk to anyone else in this room other than me for so long?"

Taeyeon looked confused but she answered, "no... I have been telling you that the past years, didn't I?"

Yoona gave an awkward laugh, "yeah... true, you did... Just confirming..."

She then glanced at Taecyeon, who was sitting on the other side of Taeyeon, and talking to the group nearest to him. He seems to still have feelings for her...

Yoona knew better than to be the one to tell Taeyeon about Taecyeon's feelings. It was something that he should tell her himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you that you really don't have to," Taeyeon was sitting in Taecyeon's car once again.

Taecyeon took a quick glance at her before turning his eyes back on the road, "and I told you it is too dangerous for you to head back to the hotel yourself. Anyway, it is on the way, so don't worry."

"You are really responsible. You knew that you drove here and so you didn't drink a sip of alcohol!" Taeyeon told him.

"Of course. What will I ever do with myself if I caused an accident, especially with you inside!" Taecyeon replied, then immediately added, "I mean... Miss Jung would kill me if anything happened to you."

"She won't," Taeyeon laughed, "no... you're right actually... she most definitely will."

 

When they reached the hotel...

"Thanks for the ride!" Taeyeon walked over to the side of the driver's seat after she came out of the car.

"You don't have to thank me," Taecyeon smiled, "it's my honor."

"There you go again!" she chuckled, "stop acting so gentlemanly!"

"Hey! I'm always a gentleman!" Taecyeon exclaimed.

Taeyeon could not stop laughing, "I'm sure you are!"

After she waved goodbye at Taecyeon and looked up, her eyes caught sight of someone who had been staring at her.

When their eyes met, Nichkhun quickly turned and headed back to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hope this chapter is fast and long enough to apologize for the lateness of the previous chapter!

Please enjoy~ especially the particular two readers who had been urging me to update. :) You know who you are!