Just a Hint

Love, Again

"What about this type of flower?" Taeyeon asked.

Jessica shook her head, "nope, it doesn't go with the tablecloth."

"Wait a minute, I've a great bouquet here," the wedding planner, Yuri, searched among the folders scattered around the table, "here, do you like how it looks with the tablecloth?"

"This is great... I love this. Taengoo?" Jessica turned her head to her best friend to get her confirmation.

"Oh my... it looks wonderful together. Really like a fairytale princess sort of combination," Taeyeon nodded, approving the choice.

"Great, I'll go and make all the arrangements. I will return next week," Yuri told them and left.

Jessica looked at her cell phone and saw that she had a few unread messages.

After reading through them, she took Taeyeon's hand, "come on Taengoo. Let's go for dinner!"

"Where're we heading to?" Taeyeon asked, while she was being pulled along by Jessica.

"Oh, just somewhere nearby... Shin Nippon Restaurant," Jessica told her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome Miss Jung! Mr. Park is waiting for you inside our VIP room," the hostess of the restaurant greeted them.

When the door to the private room was open, Taeyeon's eyes widened.

Nichkhun...

Jessica and Jay gave each other a knowing smile; they had planned for the two ex-lovers to meet up, as they were avoiding each other too much.

"I'm sitting next to my hubby!" Jessica declared, basically trying to force Taeyeon and Nichkhun to sit together.

"Hello," Nichkhun greeted Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled politely in return, "hi."

"Hubby, Taeyeon and I have chosen quite a few things!" Jessica started talking to Jay, after they had finished with the ordering.

"Really? They must be the best, since my wifey is making the decisions," Jay pecked her cheeks, making her giggle.

"So... what're you doing now?" Nichkhun tried to start a polite small talk with Taeyeon, not knowing that the two lovebirds were actually paying attention to them throughout their lovey dovey actions.

Taeyeon explained, "I'm a freelance singer. Basically I sing at weddings."

"Oh, but I thought it would be hard working as a freelance?" Nichkhun asked.

Taeyeon nodded, "well, at first yes. But I guess I was lucky? There're many people who kindly recommended me and I got quite a steady income from this job." She laughed, "it helps that there are many people getting married."

The two of them got quiet before Taeyeon tried to break the awkward mood again.

"Well, what about you? Are you helping out at the company?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah, I am helping with the management. I will be working from the hotel room most of the time during this period while helping these two with their wedding, but I think I will still need to return to the office two times a week when they need me to," Nichkhun explained, with Taeyeon nodding in understanding.

They were silent again, and they looked at Jay and Jessica who were currently laughing at their inside jokes, until finally, the four bowls of piping hot Japanese ramen arrived.

"Looks yummy!" Jessica cheered.

"Smells yummy!" Jay continued.

Nichkhun glanced at Taeyeon's bowl of ramen as it was being served to her, and stopped the waiter.

"Oh wait, you guys added the sesame. Please change a new bowl for her, because she's allergic to it," he explained to the waiter, who apologized sincerely for their mistake.

When Nichkhun realized what he had done, he went silent again. He had naturally remembered about his ex-girlfriend's allergy and did what he had always done.

Taeyeon too, was a little affected by the awkward atmosphere between the two of them.

However, Jay and Jessica shared a secret smile... as it meant that they had moved a step forward that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG WITH THIS CHAPTER! Hopefully their (long-awaited) chance to talk will satisfy you guys and not make you murder me or something...

SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS ALERT! After the failure of the previous contest, I have decided to do another one (and I will definitely stop if I fail again...)! Subscribers and upvoters who guess the correct number for Nichkhun's room AND state the correct number for Jessica and Taeyeon's room will be able to give me a chosen name, be it an OC or your own name, to use as a guest for Jay and Jessica's wedding. AND you can choose anyone, including idols, as your partner to bring along to the wedding, as long as the person is not any of the characters already in the fanfic.

So, type out in this format in the comments section below:

Nichkhun's room # // Taeyeon's room # // Jessica's room # // Your chosen name // Your chosen partner

Example: 3056 // 3025 // 3019 // Mary-anne Kim // Jang Wooyoung

Winners will not be the first subscriber or upvoter who answered correctly and in the right format, but will be chosen randomly among them.

GOOD LUCK!