44

Forbidden Boys

 

Both Eunbi and Sehun were completely drained of energy once they got home. Neither of them said anything and instead trudged up the staircase towards their bedrooms. Eunbi was so tired she collapsed on her bed and fell asleep with all her clothes on. The matter could be taken care of in the morning. Sehun on the other hand, managed to at least take most of it off before he headed to bed.


Morning arrived sooner than Eunbi wanted, with the sun shining through the curtain, and she felt her legs ache as she moved about to stand. The skiing had taken a great toll on her muscles and she let a groan slip from her lips once she’d gotten up on her feet. Every little movement sent small shockwaves of pain rushing through her system. It was a bit unsettling and Eunbi had to tell herself it would get better during the day as she began to peel of the clothes she’d worn to bed. It was safe to say she was in need of a shower, for she stank. Disgusted by the smell, Eunbi dashed for the bathroom after she’d retrieved a new set of fresh clothes. The shower was well needed and a sense of relief settled within once she’d dried herself off and put the clean clothes on.


Sehun had still not waken up by the time she returned to her bedroom. Not that it was any problem that he slept. But it would be nice if he didn’t sleep through the whole day seeing as the clock was soon one pm and all. Eunbi pushed the matter away for a while as she checked her cell phone, only to see that she’d received a message from her mother saying that they would return from Japan the coming day. It meant her mother and stepfather would be back home on Christmas. Suddenly fueled up by the text, Eunbi headed over to Sehun’s room and knocked on the door.


“Sehun. You have to wake up.” she stated whilst she continued to knock. He had to get up so he could help her find out where they stored all the Christmas decorations. Not to mention. They needed to get out and buy a Christmas tree, something their parents forgot all about.


“You have to help me, Sehun.” seconds passed and it was starting to get a bit irritating to stand there. It struck her then, that maybe he wasn’t even home. Maybe he’d already left for whatever he was up to. Eunbi sighed and was right about to turn around and leave when she heard footsteps coming from his room. His appearance as he opened the door, with his bed hair and half-lidded eyes, was rather cute. His words weren’t though.


“Can’t you see that I’m sleeping? What do you want?” Sehun stifled a yawn before he met eyes with Eunbi. The latter explained everything, how their parents would arrive the next day and how she wanted to decorate the house before they came home. Sehun found it a bit hard to understand at first. What Eunbi was telling him. But realized, once she’d repeated it all over again, what she wanted.


“Decorations? We don’t have any.” Eunbi thought he was playing around, that he was just joking with her. But he remained silent and she understood it wasn’t a joke. She could barely believe what he’d said. Like. How could they not have any Christmas decoration? Didn’t they celebrate Christmas or what? Wait. Was that the reason as to why Luhan flew over to Thailand? Because they didn’t have any plans for tomorrow. Eunbi couldn’t help but pout for the winter holiday was Eunbi’s favourite and she would not let any of them destroy that little happiness.


“Go get ready because we’re going out.” with that said, she spun around and headed downstairs to prepare breakfast. A bowl of cereals would have to do as she was too busy going over everything they needed to buy. Lights, a tree, Christmas ornaments and other decorations. Eunbi was so set on creating the perfect Christmas atmosphere that she completely forgot about one thing. Money. She’d received a small amount this month. But it was far from enough and she wouldn’t be able to cover all the expenses. Not unless Sehun helped out. Speaking of which. The older male entered the kitchen just as she was writing a list of everything they needed.


“Can’t you go on your own.” Sehun stated whilst he checked through the fridge for something to eat. He wasn’t too keen about the idea of heading out. Not after yesterday. Eunbi refused to give in though. She was not letting him stay home.


“You have to help me. So, no.” negotiation was not going to work. Eunbi made that obvious rather quickly before she moved over to place the bowl in the sink. She was so persistent about the whole ordeal that she wouldn’t hesitate to drag him along if so needed. Normally she wouldn’t have bothered so much if he followed with or not. But not today. Not when there were so many things to buy. It was one of the reasons as to why he had to come. To help her carry all the bags and stuff. And last but not least, he would have to pay for some of it, too. Eunbi thought that was pretty reasonable seeing as she took the blow for the broken tv. One he destroyed.


Sehun frowned when he watched the younger girl walk away. He didn’t see the need for any Christmas decoration. In fact, he couldn’t even remember that they’d ever decorated the house after his mother passed away. Christmas was unimportant to Sehun. He only thought of the holiday as bothersome. Their father would never be home either. Work took up all of the older man’s time. All in all. Sehun spent most of the said holiday in different clubs. It’d been like that ever since he was fifteen and got himself a fake I.D.


“Can you get ready. We should go.” Eunbi stood in the doorway, fully dressed in her outerwear. Sehun’s only reaction was to sigh. He really wished she would change her mind and made that pretty obvious as he stood there. What he definitely didn't expected though, was Eunbi’s reply to his behaviour.


“Fine. I’ll call Yixing then. He -.” she was not given the chance to finish the sentence before Sehun interrupted. The other male might’ve been Eunbi’s boyfriend and all. But that didn’t necessarily mean Sehun would let Yixing have all the fun. His sudden change did not only surprise Eunbi. But Sehun himself understood more and more what it meant. He disliked it. He disliked how easily he gave in for Eunbi.


“Great. Let’s go then.” Eunbi smiled and turned to head back to the hall and her shoes. Sehun on the other hand, remained standing on the same spot. He was having second thoughts about his decision to go with Eunbi. He was, truth to be told, a bit scared of himself and what he might do. Sehun sighed once more. He’d known for some time now. Why the beats of his heart increased every time Eunbi was around. Why he became so irritated every time Yixing’s name was mentioned, and why he wanted to punch the guy in the face every time Eunbi was together with him. It was Sehun’s own fault. He shouldn’t have gotten so involved from the beginning. But to create distance now, after such a long time would probably make the whole thing harder.


“Aren’t you coming?” he did as she told despite knowing better. He went with her even though he knew those feelings that shouldn’t even exist could get worse.


Eunbi felt warmth spread inside her heart as they stepped inside the store and she heard Christmas music playing. The atmosphere was magical and Eunbi realized just how much she missed her grandmother as she walked around there. Maybe she could take the train to Daegu again. It wasn’t impossible. Plus, it would be nice to visit her hometown once more. And Kyungsoo. She’d barely talked to him after she returned home.


The girl was so preoccupied by her own thoughts that she forgot to look where she was going and would’ve, if Sehun hadn’t pulled her back, walked right into a shelf. Eunbi glanced back at the older male, her expression showing just how surprised she was by what’d happened.


“Can’t you be a bit more careful.” why was it that she was always so careless? It was as if she was living in another world. Yet again, he felt himself grow irritated at her. It annoyed him to no end how naive she seemed to be about a lot of stuff. How much she depended on others in order to do things. She needed to learn how to live her own life without the help of others.


“Sorry.”


Eunbi shrugged the whole matter off before heading in the direction of the lights and Christmas ornaments. Decorations that were necessary for the tree they would buy later. Sehun wasn’t as ecstatic about the ordeal as Eunbi were, which meant he couldn’t care less what she decided on. All he did was to make sure the younger girl was safe and, as it later was revealed when they stood at the cashier, paid for everything. That little detail was one Eunbi oh so conveniently forgot to mention.


“Is this why you brought me along? So I could pay everything?” Eunbi said nothing. But the smile upon her lips said more than enough. And for the first time ever, Sehun felt sad. His heart felt numb and he cursed himself for actually believing that she wanted him to come. He should have known better than to think anything else. More so since she’d been so quick to utter Yixing’s name when he himself hesitated.


It was an obvious telltale that he was easily disposable of. That she could throw him away anytime she wanted.


A thought that troubled him more than it should’ve.