14

Forbidden Boys

 

 

Eunbi sighed for the umpteenth time as she went through her belongings to see what was wet and what wasn’t, “this is so not the start I wanted.” she muttered to herself whilst pulling a completely soaked shirt from the bag, which also happened to be the only shirt she’d brought along, “great, just great.” she exclaimed after having gone through everything, and thus confirmed that all her stuff was drenched in water and completely useless. That unless she didn’t get them dry, something that would take several hours. Hours Eunbi didn’t have as the shirt she was wearing were glued to her body and making it really uncomfortable.

 

Glancing up she caught sight of Ahbin, who stood a few meters away rummaging through her own bag, “Ahbin. Do you have an extra shirt I could borrow?” it was worth a try considering she would get sick if she didn’t change into something dry. “Sorry. I only brought one with me and I need it myself.” the other girl apologized and Eunbi was left trying to come up with another solution. A task she found incredibly hard as Ahbin were the only person she knew . “I’ll be right back.” having no one else to ask she headed over to her homeroom teacher in hope that the older woman would be able to help in one way or another. Much to her disappointment though, could the woman not do anything about Eunbi’s situation and instead said, “try asking some of your friends.” well. She’d already done so. But without success. And having to admit she didn’t have any friends, with the exception of Ahbin, was more humiliating than walking around with a wet shirt. And because of that, Eunbi said a simple okay and left.

 

She came to an immediate stop a few seconds later though, after she’d spotted Luhan up ahead. He was staring straight at the said girl, a smile growing on his lips as his gaze devoured her form and the way the soaked fabric hugged her body. The sight of him would’ve normally made Eunbi nervous and scared, but not this time. Not when she knew about the liquor he’d brought with him, something she was going to tell her homeroom teacher about after she’d fixed with her clothes. But Eunbi wasn’t too sure what to do since they were still hours away from being dry, and she would have to keep on using the shirt she wore if no one could lend her a new, fresh one.

 

Sighing she gave Luhan a quick glance and then turned to head back, only to nearly crash right into a certain boy as she did. “Oh god, you scared me.” she put a hand over her chest in pure reflex, her eyes wide and heart racing. “Sorry.” Yixing apologized, and just like that did Eunbi’s heartbeat increase. It was insane how such a small gesture could get her so excited, “I - it’s okay.” embarrassed about almost having run into him she averted her gaze and ended up looking directly at where Luhan had been standing. He was no longer there though, and Eunbi felt relieved, as that meant he wouldn’t be able to cause any disturbance. But then again, she couldn’t be sure when it came to Luhan since he was always causing some sort of trouble. “Ehm...” she cleared her thoughts from anything revolving Luhan at the sound of Yixing’s voice, and that before she let her gaze wander back and meet with his just as he spoke again, “I have a sweatshirt you could borrow if you want?” without even thinking Eunbi nodded her head, “yes please.” and it wasn’t until he was on his way to go get it that she actually took notice of how straightforward she’d been, and she blushed.

 

Her cheeks were still flushed when he came back a while later, a towel and the shirt in his hands, “I thought you’d might want to dry off.” he handed the two items over and Eunbi was not late to thank him for his kindness. “No worries. I’m just glad to be able to help.” the smile on his lips and the way he spoke truly showed how sincere he was, that he meant what he said. “Still. Thank you.” she said with immense gratitude, because Eunbi wouldn’t have known what to do if it hadn’t been for him. “You should really go get changed before the scavenger hunt start.” she nodded, if not a bit absentmindedly as she couldn’t remember being informed about any activity. “Right.” Eunbi could almost feel her body sigh in disappointment at the thought of having to head out in the forest, more so because of her bad sense of direction, and it was with slight difficulty that she excused herself.

 

The sweatshirt was quite large, she noticed once she’d managed to get it over her head and in place. Not that it actually mattered, as it kept her warm and satisfied for the time being. That it was Yixing’s shirt made it even more special and Eunbi could barely contain her excitement about wearing something that was his. But in the midst of all her feelings a harsh knock sounded, “yah, are you done in there?” her heart froze for a second, she was terrified it’d been Luhan standing on the other side of the door. She confirmed pretty soon though, after that she’d unlocked and exited, that so was not the case. But rather Sehun’s number one fangirl. “There are others who want to use the bathroom, too.” she was almost pushed aside by the other girl, something that left Eunbi speechless and a bit irritated. To behave as such wasn’t the slightest nice and she could understand why the other girl stuck to Sehun’s side like glue. They were obviously alike in that sense.

 

With a frown she made her way back to Ahbin and their tent, which, much to her surprise had been put up. “Eunbi look. Yixing oppa and Kai were nice enough to help.” Ahbin pointed at the object, “it’s still wet though, so we’ll have to wait until we can put our stuff in there.” she nodded all the whilst feeling incredibly thankful for everything the two males had done. They’d helped out more than Eunbi ever thought anyone would do. “Oh. I almost forgot. You’ll probably have to hurry and hand up your clothes because there’s a scavenger hunt starting soon.” right. She’d completely forgotten all about the activity for a moment, and due to that she hurried over to her bag and the contents stored within it.

 

“I can help if you want?” Ahbin stated, eager to help. Eunbi however, was pretty sure she could take care of it by herself and was right about to decline the offer when their homeroom teacher shouted, “the scavenger hunt starts in five minutes. So make sure to be dressed properly as it may start raining again. And that includes comfortable shoes.” the new information had Eunbi changing her mind, and she was not late to tell Ahbin that, “please.” nothing else was needed for the other girl to start moving and they were done within a few minutes, the clothes now hanging on the branches of a bush standing next to their tent.

 

The sound of a whistle overshadowed everything else for a brief moment and the two girls exchanged a quick glance, both of them taking it as a cue to get moving. But before that Ahbin headed over to Yixing and Kai’s tent, “Yah, oppa. Let’s go.” the other girl spoke with such lack of manner that it made Eunbi even more uneasy, as it really showed how close they were. “We’re coming. Relax.” the way her heart reacted to the sound of Yixing’s voice was problematic and a bit nerve wracking. Not only since it could end with trouble, but also because she didn’t know where she had him. Eunbi wasn’t certain what kind of relationship he had to Ahbin and therefore, and only therefore, could she not let herself fall harder than she’d already done. That Yixing met her gaze the first thing he did when exiting the tent didn’t make anything easier for the said girl, who looked away in fear of giving him the wrong idea. It was already bad enough that she was wearing his sweatshirt. “Eunbi, right?” it wasn’t Ahbin, nor Yixing that said that, but rather Kai, who’d suddenly come to stand next to the girl. He was staring at her, a genuine smile on his face, “don’t mind them. They’re always like that.” she bit her bottom lip in a try to keep a sigh from slipping, “so I’ve noticed.”

 

It took a few minutes for all the students to gather, something that seemed to irritate the teachers to no end, “can everyone hurry up.” some did and some didn’t. And to be honest, Eunbi understood them. She wasn’t looking forward to the scavenger hunt either. Not when the clouds were thick and dark, and when there were still a chance of more rain. No. If she were to decide she’d rather stay in the tent and listen to music. It was simple and would bring more joy than hiking around in the unknown. “Everyone, everyone. Please settle down and keep quiet.” Eunbi wanted to laugh at the whole situation and how ridiculous it was with teachers yelling at the students to keep their mouths shut and the students doing their best to oppose that wish. “EVERYONE QUIET.” and with that it became dead silent. Not a word was uttered from any of the rowdy students. “Now. I’m going to go through some rules and what you’re supposed to do.” Eunbi’s mind thought it was better to pay attention to whatever Yixing and Ahbin were up to, and because of that she didn’t listen to anything the teacher said, which in turn could cause trouble during the adventure into the woods. But that wasn’t anything she thought of then, not when Ahbin was clinging onto the older male yet again.

 

An eternity later Eunbi felt a nudge in the side and shifted her gaze over to the person on her left, only to feel the previous heartache turn into terror as she noticed Luhan standing there, acting like nothing happened. The sudden appearance startled her so much she tried to move away, something that didn’t work due to the overwhelming amount of people around her. In other means, she could do nothing but wait. A feat that grew increasingly hard as Luhan inched closer and closer, and before she knew it, his arm were brushing against hers. “Get away.” she hissed and elbowed him in the side, thus making it pretty obvious she didn’t want him anywhere near her. Much to her horror however, did Luhan make a scene out of it all by crying out his pain and therethrough attracting unwanted attention from students and teachers alike, who stared at the two. “What’s going on back there?” Eunbi glared at the older male, because she knew it was no use trying to explain what’d really happened since everyone sided with Luhan, who decided then and there to make matter worse by speaking up, “she shoved me even though I didn’t do anything.” this had every other female student lashing about, their disapproving voices booming like speakers in her ears. It was deafening and the girl shut her eyes close, terrified. “Why are you lying? You were practically harassing her and now you’re not man enough to take the blow.” Eunbi’s eyes shot wide open at the sound of Yixing’s voice. She was surprised he’d defended her in a situation like that, when everyone were ganging up on her and all. “What? I didn’t even touch her.” Luhan scoffed in a try to act like the victim. But Yixing was deaf to the other male’s explanation, not believing a word, “I saw you.”


“Okay, okay. That’s enough. Both of you, break it apart.” the teacher in charge spoke and Eunbi watched as the old man headed up to them, his face set in a scowl, “I don’t care what happened or didn’t happen. All I want is for you to step away from each other. Luhan, you can return to your friends. And Yixing and Eunbi, you can stay put. Okay?” not wanting to cause further trouble she nodded and moved away. Yixing did the same. And after a while so did Luhan, but not without sending Eunbi a hateful glare that sent chills down her spine. She knew he wasn’t done. But then again, nor was she.

 

~~

 

 

 

Author’s Note

Hi guys ^^ I hope you’re enjoying the story so far?

Anyhow, why I’m writing this is to inform you guys that I’m flying to Norway again on Monday (15th),

and that I won’t be able to update whilst I’m there since I’ll be pretty busy.
Thank you for reading =D