Free Fall

Drabble Drop

A/N Really quick thing to celebrate the end of the weekend. Wait that's not right. I was inspired by this fanart


 

It was a normal spring day with clear skies, clean air, and a calm breeze blowing on Huang Zitao’s uncovered arms. Tickling him almost.

 

He was staring up at the sky, admiring the deep hue of blue it was painted that afternoon.

 

Something white flew across his view. It was like a blob of white paint being hurled at the sky. Kinda like a person. Wait.

 

Tao’s feet reacted, running towards the rapidly descending body falling out of the sky.

 

Of course he didn’t reach it in time before it fell, but he was within minutes of the man’s impact of the ground.

 

Short of breath and covered with a thin layer of sweat, Tao kneeled beside the fallen man.

 

His intense eyebrows knitted together as his eyes fluttered open, staring up into Tao’s.

 

“Are you okay?” Tao had tried not to sound panicked.

 

“Yeah, just dandy. My landings .” The stranger chuckled, sitting up. “Name’s Wufan. I like to fly.” The man extended a hand and graced his face with a warm smile, the kind that extends from the mouth to the eyes. A genuine smile.

 

“Tao, Huang Zitao.” Tao replied giving the Wufan’s hand a hardy shake.