Friends! And an unexpected Savior?

You're My What?

 

 

The rest of the day seemed to go smoothly since everybody stopped whispering about me. For my first day of school no friends were made and hopefully no enemies. I actually don’t mind having no friends but of course  it gets lonely. One friend would do, just one I’ll be happy already.

 

Hmm, Where’s Onew? I should text him.” I took my phone out of my back pocket and started to text Onew.

 

To: Onew

Yah! Where are you? I’m out of school already. Pick me up, I’m tired standing. :c

 

 

From: Onew

Okay! Do you want to walk or take the car?

 

 

To: Onew

It doesn’t matter, I just want to get home.

 

 

From: Onew

Okay coming, I’ll be there in 5 minutes.

 

 

Done! Now I just have to wait.” I filled my mouth with air and stood still near the gates.

 

1 minute passed and my patience was already running out. I started to watch people come out of school, I looked to the left and to the right as the students laughed and celebrated that it was the end of the day. I suddenly saw 2 girls coming my way. Oh fun! More trouble.

 

“Hi. I’m Jieun and this is Sooyeon. You’re the new kid right? We’re from your class and we were just thinking if you wanted to go get ice cream with us.” A peppy girl with long brown hair smiled and anticipated my answer.

 

“Uh, well. My assist—I mean brother will pick me up. So, I can’t sorry.” I bowed and excused myself. I was about to leave but a delicate grasp stopped me.

 

“Please? We really want to know you better.” Sooyeon’s voice rang into my ears, convincing me to accept their invitation.

 

“O..okay, I’ll text my brother.” I texted Onew saying that he didn’t need to pick me up since I was going somewhere. He kindly agreed and told me to call him if anything went wrong.

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

“OH, so you’re from Canada? OH MY GOSH! That’s so cool! But why are you studying here? Don’t you want to stay there?” Jieun tilted her head showing a confused face.

 

“Well, yeah of course. But my mom kind of forced me to live with my brother and learn more about our culture.” I bit into my cone and gladly finished the ice cream. It was weird meeting new friends but it was a good weird. They were different, instead of giving such a negative vibe towards me it was positive! It’s like I can trust my life to them, but I still have to be careful. I can’t just admit my secret now.

 

“So, since we know more about each other. Aren’t we friends now?” Sooyeon held up her hand waiting for me to shake it.

 

“Friends.” I smiled, slipping my hand into hers and shaking it. I only asked for one but I got two. Maybe my stay here isn’t so bad.

 

“YAY! We can be BFF’s!” Jieun hollered throwing her arms to Sooyeon and I. We all chuckled celebrating a new friendship.

 

“I have a question though.” Jieun suddenly brought up, “Do you have a thing for the Kingkas in our school?”

 

“Kingkas? I hardly even know any of them. So I guess not.” I smirked, “Why did you ask?”

 

“Oh nothing. It’s just that we hate all these kingka and queenka that happen. Aren’t they so annoying? Especially their stupid fans.”

 

“Well I guess us 3 have something big in common.” I looked at my watch, seeing that it was late already I jumped out my sit startling both Sooyeon and Jieun. “Sorry guys but I got to go! Bye, see you tomorrow.” I waved my hand and started to walk out of the ice cream shop.

 

What do I do? How do I get home? I scratched my head thinking of a plan. “Ottoke? I can’t just call Onew he’s probably tired. Save me Lord!” I sobbed looking at the sky.

 

Suddenly I felt a presence near me. What’s that? I looked from left to right checking if a kidnapper is anywhere near. I then heard footsteps suddenly coming nearer and nearer, fear took over my body. I couldn’t even move my legs so I just stood there looking like an idiot.

 

Then I saw a familiar silhouette, a voice and a familiar face. It was just Byun Baekhyun, the boy I embarrassed at lunch. When I asked for help, I didn’t mean him! Thinking he didn’t see me I carefully walked the opposite way Baekhyun was going.

 

“WAIT! HYUNMI-SHI!” Baekhyun yelled, starting to run towards me. “Don’t you remember me? I’m Baekhyun. From the cafeteria.”

 

“Huh? Uh.. nope, sorry I don’t remember you.” I started to walk away.

 

“Stop lying. I know you remember.” Baekhyun suddenly grabbing my wrist and turning me to face him. “Why are you even here? Are you lost? I know you’re new here, so I guess you are lost. Tell me your address and I can help you”

 

“Deh?” Ugh, I can’t just tell him where I live. But I do need his help! Think Hyunmi, think! *gasp* I know, I’ll just tell him the nearby café beside my house. Then I can find my way to the apartment! Oh you’re so smart Hyunmi.

 

“Okay Baekhyun-shi, I live near The Coffee Ground at Gangnam. You know the directions?”

 

“Of course! Come on.” Baekhyun grabbed my hand this time, leading me to a bus stop.