Thursday. Again.

His Glue

"And this is Luhan!" Kyungsoo introduced to his friends at lunch one Thursday afternoon, taking a seat after the other three exchanged handshakes and smiles.

"Nice to meet you~" Joonmyeon and Baekhyun chorused together with bright smiles, obviously happy to meet someone new. Although, perhaps those smiles were also a tad bit brighter due to the fact it was a Thursday. And Thursdays meant Kyungsoo made lunch. And Kyungsoo's lunches were to die for. Literally. Just a few days ago, Joonmyeon and Baekhyun almost broke into a fight over one of Kyungsoo's meals. Chuckling to himself at the memory, Kyungsoo set to getting out the lunch boxes, now increased to three due to their new friend, Luhan. Pushing the boxes over to the three of them, whatever conversation they had going on immediately halted as Joonmyeon and Baekhyun eyed each other and then their food, immediately ripping the covers off, digging in. A bit surprised by the sudden action, Luhan's eyes widened as he leaned back a little, turning to Kyungsoo. 

"Er. Why are they eating like it's been a year since they've tasted food?" Luhan asked after thanking Kyungsoo multiple times for the lunch, only to receive shakes of the head from Kyungsoo, who made it a point to show it was really nothing. Before Kyungsoo could speak, Baekhyun lifted up his head, almost shouting as some kimchi spaghetti hung halfway between his mouth and the lunchbox on his chopsticks.

"KYUNGSOO'S FOOD IS THE BEST" before digging back in, oblivious to the several disgusted and confused looks shot his way. And if Baekhyun weren't so busy eating, he would have noticed the tall blond with a somewhat twitchy smile eyeing him in interest before finally turning away back to his own lunch. And if Luhan hadn't been so busy laughing, he would have noticed the slim face of a boy by the blond with a twitchy smile eyeing him with a curious eye as well. Kyungsoo just chuckled and modestly shook his head before getting up to leave.

"It's not that good." he insisted, waving goodbye. "See you guys later!"

"Where's he going?" Luhan asked after taking a bite, waiting to swallow before talking, unlike Baekhyun. He had to admit. The food really was delicious. Also deciding he had some manners, Joonmyeon swallowed and wiped his mouth.

"We don't even know. He's been doing this for the past three Thursdays. And at the exact same time too." he shrugged, immediately turning his attention back to the food. Humming in thought, Luhan decided to brush the thought off, continuing to eat happily. "So, tell me about yourselves."

 

----

 

Kyungsoo rounded the corner like he had the past two times and easily found his way outside the dance room. With a triumphant smile, he dug into his backpack, pulling out the lunch box and a cute handmade note. He didn't quite know why he couldn't just personally give it, but he figured it would be a lot easier with a note. Besides, this was important. Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he was the only who noticed from his sneakly glances, but Kai looked thinner and a lot more tired. Gingerly setting the box down, Kyungsoo laid his note on top, smiling in satisfaction before he quickly skipped away, almost stumbling in surprise when he heard a soft hum. Slipping around the corner with a sense of urgency, Kyungsoo smiled goofily to himself as he turned back around, waiting for Kai to eventually see the note.

 

----

 

Kyungsoo could have fallen asleep standing if he had to wait any longer, but luckily, he could hear footsteps and the sound of a door creaking open. And like last time, he heard the sound of a foot contacting the light metal box. Biting his lip in anticipation, Kyungsoo wondered how Kai would react and sneakily snuck his head around the side, seeing the confused and surprised facial expression all over Kai's beautiful features; well, in Kyungsoo's opinion. But he can't quite admit that to himself yet.

 

----

 

Kai sighed as he saw the clock. Lunch was over, and that meant he had to leave. Turning off the loud music, he quickly wiped the sweat from his face, routinely changing back to his uniform before grabbing his bag, making his way out. And once again, he felt his foot hit something and saw that same Pororo lunch box. "Did someone leave this here again?" Kai wondered aloud, unaware of an anxious wide eyed boy just around the corner. Bending over, Kai first picked up the note.

Hi!

I know it might be weird to be reading this, but I saw how you didn't seem to eat lunch on Thursday. It's important to stay healthy, so please eat! And please don't worry, I'm not one of your crazy fangirls. I was just worried. You seemed so thin and pale. So, tada!~ Here's a lunch for you to enjoy! Please eat well. It's important to take care of your body, especially if you dance!

Kai didn't know why he suddenly became shy at the thought that someone other than Sehun and Chanyeol knew he danced and childishly mumbled to himself, "I can take care of myself...." too caught up in his thoughts to ear a small giggle from around the corner, obviously amused by his childish pout.

Eat well and leave the empty box here. I'll take care of the rest!

Kai read the note once, then twice, and then flipped the stationary over looking for a name. But to no avail. There was no name and Kai shrugged, deciding to sit down and eat after his stomach had rumbled more than once, sticking the note in his pocket. Opening up the lunch box, Kai smiled softly, taking large bites before slowing down, surprised by just how good the food was. Savoring the food, a phone call reminded him that class would start soon, and he scarfed down the rest of the container, setting it neatly against the wall. But this time, the lunch box was cleaned empty, and he ran down the hallway to his next class, right past Kyungsoo who stuck his hands in his pockets, trying to act casual. But the moment Kai was out of sight, Kyungsoo ran over, briefly picking up the lunchbox, satisfied that it was now empty. Smiling triumphantly to himself, Kyungsoo failed to see another figure walk out from behind the shadows. "Does someone have a little crush on Jongin here?" he asked, an eyebrow raised in amusement, a faint smirk on his lips before he turned away, strolling away.