Sly Jongin and More Kisses

His Glue

Baekhyun sighs after he starts to pack up his bag, his music club having just finished. Despite the exciting morning with his friends, especially with all the fun gossip, he couldn’t help but feel a bit down.

Maybe it was just seeing all his friends all happy and cute with someone else that irked him, not that he was jealous of them specifically, but he felt a little left out.

Yeah, everybody pointed out that he and Chanyeol were practically glued at the hip, but Chanyeol wasn’t really what Baekhyun had expected in a boyfriend or a significant other.

And in addition to his gloomy feelings, Baekhyun’s been stressing out over the performance he’s supposed to give in his club in just a week. He hasn’t even chosen what song he wants to cover yet, and he definitely doesn’t want to mess this up, especially since there have been rumors of vocal scouts attending the event.

With a huff, he slings his backpack over his shoulder, completely ready to just go home by himself, hoping that he won’t have to speak to anybody.

Unlucky for him, he runs into another’s chest right as he steps out of the classroom with a small noise of surprise.

***

Kyungsoo hums a small tune as he skips happily away from school, his day having gone extremely well. He’s mostly just glad that he wasn’t too awkward with his friends or Jongin earlier. Though he did blush slightly more than normal in front of Jongin, Kyungsoo has to admit that today’s lunch was probably one of the best.

And as he walks, he’s surprised to see Jongin waiting at the school gate, and he wonders why the other’s standing there.

Kyungsoo assumes that Jongin is probably waiting for a friend or something, and doesn’t want to bother him, deciding to simply walk by without a word, not expecting to be noticed.

And that’s why he’s so surprised to hear someone call out his name once he’s only half a block away from school.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin calls, easily catching up the distance Kyungsoo walked away from the school, and the former can’t help but chuckle at the look of pure surprise and confusion on the latter’s face. “Why did you leave without me?” Jongin asks, not hesitating to link his own hand into Kyungsoo’s own fingers, who’s still too baffled to really comprehend the situation.

“I-uh..wait. What?” Kyungsoo stutters, still thinking, so Jongin has to start guiding them in the direction of Kyungsoo’s home. “You were waiting for me?” Kyungsoo asks, finally understanding the situation, though he’s yet to notice how their hands are together.

Jongin nods with a grin. “Who else could I be waiting for, Kyungsoo?”

“Oh.” Kyungsoo murmurs quietly as a pink spreads across his cheeks, head instinctively bowing down in sheepishness. “Thanks, then.” He says, internally jumping and running around and circles because Jongin was waiting for him, not somebody else.

“Mhm,” Jongin hums in response, giving Kyungsoo’s hand a light squeeze at the same time, and only then does Kyungsoo really realize they’re holding hands, and their fingers are interlaced and everything and he can feel his heart rate spike up and-

“You okay?” Jongin asks with a small chuckle, knowing full well what Kyungsoo’s feeling, knowing how exactly his actions make Kyungsoo feel, and frankly he can’t help but like to pretend he doesn’t because Kyungsoo’s just too cute when he tries to hide his feelings. Jongin can’t help but want to tease and play with Kyungsoo because he’s just so precious and he can’t see anybody else doing the same with Kyungsoo.

“F-fine!” Kyungsoo replies a bit too quickly, all too unaware of Jongin’s playful smile and the adoring glint in his eyes because he’s too preoccupied at trying to manage his bodily functions, like trying to remember to breathe, and wondering if his hands are too sweaty or something. But he faces a dilemma because he doesn’t know if he should let go, but he doesn’t want Jongin to think he doesn’t like it or something, but he also doesn’t want to gross Jongin out because of sweaty palms or something.

“Hey, relax,” Jongin chuckles, able to see the internal debate clear as day in Kyungsoo’s eyes, who are avoiding his own in an attempt to calm down.

Jongin knows that maybe it could be a little mean how he’s playing with Kyungsoo like this, but he simply can’t help himself. The other is just too cute and precious not to play around with like this.

“And don’t worry, your hands aren’t sweaty.” Jongin chuckles again, and he smiles fondly seeing the pretty pink blush fan out across Kyungsoo’s cheeks as he guides the two of them across the street because the latter doesn’t seem to be fully coherent about his surroundings.

Finally managing to regain his sense of awareness, Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in an attempt to sound indignant, though he’s just trying to hide his feelings of embarrassment.

“I’m n-not worrying about anything! Y-you should just be g-glad I’m even letting you hold my hand!” Kyungsoo tries to threaten, though he wouldn’t want Jongin to let go. And he’s glad when Jongin doesn’t, but instead settles on chuckling and nodding. And he’s surprised when Jongin lifts his hand, pressing a peck to the back of his hand.

And again, Jongin can only chuckle because his Kyungsoo is just too perfect.

***

Before Kyungsoo even realizes—because that’s how much he enjoyed the walk home with Jongin—they’re already walking up the steps to his home, and he wishes that he lived farther from school.

“Thanks for um, walking me home.” Kyungsoo says with a grin, though he’s a bit sad that they have to part already.

“It was my pleasure, Soo,” Jongin replies, and the nickname easily sends a little shudder up Kyungsoo’s back, because Jongin’s voice is as smooth as silk.

Kyungsoo finds himself willing to do anything just to hear that name come from Jongin’s lips again, and he bites on his own lip briefly as he nods, hoping his emotions aren’t that transparent.

“Well, bye then? See you tomorrow?” Kyungsoo says, reluctant to really exchange any goodbyes.

Jongin nods and takes a step away, waiting for Kyungsoo to step in and close the door before leaving, and Kyungsoo feels a small wave of disappointment wash over his heart as he directs his gaze downwards, ready to back away.

And so he gasps at the last moment when Jongin swiftly steps forward, not hesitating to plant a soft kiss square on his cheek. In only moments, Kyungsoo can feel the heat rush  to his face, and he’s left a bit dumbfounded as Jongin chuckles, murmuring a “See you tomorrow,” before shutting the door.

And when Kyungsoo comes back to reality, touching the spot on his cheek lightly, he opens to the door, hoping to see Jongin still there or somewhere, but so much time has passed that Jongin is nowhere to be seen.

And so, Kyungsoo’s left standing in his doorway, his heart fluttering erratically from just a kiss on the cheek, and instantly his day’s even better than it already was.