Movies

His Glue

"Jongin, are you free today?" Sehun asked with Chanyeol already pulling on his arm. The last school bell had rung and students were packing up before heading home for the day. Jongin seemed to be packing with haste as he shook his head.

"Sorry, I already have plans," he mumbled apologetically as he dashed out the door and into the hallways, flying down the stairwell with ease. 

"Please!" Sehun called, still struggling against Chanyeol's hold. "Cancel! Please!" He begged, tone pleading, "Don't leave me with him." Sehun whined, gesturing to Chanyeol before he gave up struggling. Chanyeol smiled triumphantly.

-   -   -   -   -

Kyungsoo bolted out of his classroom the moment the bell rang, all too eager to meet Jongin at the school gates. Joonmyeon had come back into the classroom after break had ended, but he looked just a bit disheleved. Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo all showed concern but soon after, they were absorbed into the class, not wanting to miss part of the lesson, even though they snuck glances at their phones underneath their desks. 

All three shot worried glances at Joonmyeon, who seemed extremely dazed and unfocused, a behavior that he virtually never expressed. In fact, Joonmyeon was at the top of the class as their representative, and it was a shock when he received a scolding from their teacher. A small collective gasp was heard as Joonmyeon stood up to receive his punishment, which was an afterschool detention coupled with the duty of cleaning the classroom. 

But, all of Kyungsoo's concern and worry for Joonmyeon was masked by his excitement, and as he ran out of the school, Joonmyeon watched quietly from the classroom window where he sat for detention. Had anyone been in the room with him to see his gaze, the jealousy and envy would have been obvious, especially as he looked at Jongin, who was waiting patiently at the gate. Baekhyun and Luhan sensed the tension, and they shared a look before leaving class together, murmuring goodbyes to Joonmyeon.

-   -   -   -   -

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo called out with a wide smile, waving as he ran over. His cheeks were only slightly flushed since he had ran straight to the gates, but he was still surprised that Jongin managed to get there before him.

"Hey, Kyungsoo. You didn't have to rush, you know." He chuckled before poking one of the elder's pink tinted cheeks.

If the two weren't so estatic just to be in one another's presence, they would've felt the gazes of five individuals. One of which belonged to Joonmyeon, two of which belonged to Kyungsoo's friends, and two of which belonged to Jongin's friends.

"Whatever," Kyungsoo mumbled, glad the flush on his cheeks would cover up the blush that formed from embarrassment, "So, what's the secret?"

Jongin smiled before he easily took the other's hand. Kyungsoo didn't know if it was a sign of friendship or something more, but he could feel his heart thumping in his chest as the butterflies formed in his stomach.

"We're going out to the movies!" Jongin said as he pulled a frozen Kyungsoo along, chuckling at the other's cute actions.

"J-just us?" Kyungsoo scolded himself for stammering, but Jongin was much too happy to have noticed.

"Of course just us," he chuckled as they walked hand in hand, arms swaying comfortably. Though Jongin hummed happily, Kyungsoo's head swam with thoughts. 'Is this a date?' he thought to himself before shaking his head, 'No,no, it's not. Dates are between couples, and we definitely aren't.' He convinced himself it wasn't a date or anything of the sort, but a part of him was disappointed even if he was excited just to be spending time outside of school with Jongin.

-   -   -   -   -

"B-baekhyun!" Luhan stammered in surprise when he was suddenly grabbed as he left the school's front doors. "What th-"

"Shh!" Baekhyun shushed loudly, a finger to Luhan's lips as he eyed two figures leaving the school gates. As if Luhan understood immediately just from looking at where Baekhyun's gaze was directed, his eyes widened before he gasped quietly. Baekhyun removed his finger as he pulled Luhan along by his wrist, trying to move quietly as Luhan followed behind, very embarrassed. 

"Why do you want to follow them?" He tried to whisper, almost awkwardly looking around.

"I'd be fun, trust me." Baekhyun assured, and that was all they spoke before Baekhyun tugged him along. Luhan could only look around, wondering how insane Baekhyun looked, and he thought he caught the familiar shape of someone he knew, but he shook it off. It would be way too much of a coincidence.

"Fine." Luhan sighed as he gave in, following willingly behind Baekhyun, though he refused to move the same way, "But you owe me." 

"Whatever."

-   -   -   -   -

"Looks like you're coming to the mall with me today." 

Sehun groaned before asking, "Why are you even going to the mall? You're never the one to suggest going..."

Chanyeol's face brightened and he put on a cocky expression. "Well," he hummed, "I got Baekhyun's number from you from Luhan, and I texted him."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Sehun scowled, defeatedly following Chanyeol out their classroom into the hallway.

"And," Chanyeol said slowly for emphasis, "Baekhyun accidentally let it slip that Jongin was meeting Kyungsoo after school."

Sehun could only raise an eyebrow, arms crossed as he stopped walking, only to result in Chanyeol forcibly pulling him down the stairwell and out the school's front doors. "So?"

"So, knowing Jongin, where would he go?" 

Sehun sighed, "The movies at the mall, duh." He rolled his eyes before letting out a slight yelp when Chanyeol abruptly tugged him down behind a bush.

"Right," Chanyeol commented as if he were an undercover agent, "And knowing Baekhyun, he would probably want to follow Kyungsoo and spy on the two lovebirds."

"Hey, they're not dating or anyth-"

"Want to bet?" Chanyeol cut Sehun off, looking to the younger who was now kneeling, brushing off his slightly dirty uniform. Sehun put on a defiant gaze before his shoulders dropped, shaking his head.

"No..." he mumbled in defeat. Even he wasn't stupid enough to think that Jongin and Kyungsoo didn't have any feelings for eachother. "But I still don't get why you need me." Sehun whined again, sounding just a bit exasperated.

"Well, I don't need you, but I'd figured you might want to come." Chanyeol's tone was now nonchalant, and the air of confidence he held made Sehun just a bit worried.

"And why would I want to come?" Sehun asked, following closely after Chanyeol as he moved from bush to bush, mimicking the older's stealthy movements. "

"Because, knowing Baekhyun-"

"It's always 'Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that, with you isn't it?" Sehun interrupted, thoroughly confused and irritated.

"As I was saying," Chanyeol continued, ignoring the younger, "I know Baekhyun would bring someone with him. A short someone who happens to be friends with both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who goes by the name of-"

"Luhan." Sehun breathed, cutting off Chanyeol again from near disbelief before shaking his head, nose scrunched at Chanyeol. "Why would I believe you?"

"See for yourself," Chanyeol hummed as he pointed to two figures, one of which who was Baekhyun, moving stealthily behind Kyungsoo and Jongin who were now leaving school grounds. The other was obviously Luhan, and it was clear that he was being dragged along because of the death grip on his wrist.

"Oh."

"Oh is right."

"I'm in."

"I knew you'd be." Chanyeol hummed in success, wiggling his eyebrows at Sehun.

"Shut up and go before we lose them."

"Hey!" Chanyeol nearly whined as Sehun pushed him along, "I'm in charge!"

"Yeah yeah yeah," The younger replied sarcastically, walking normally from a good distance behind Baekhyun and Luhan, though his gaze was locked onto the blonde as Chanyeol made a fool of himself moving with 'stealth'.

-   -   -   -   -

"I thought we were going to the movies?" Kyungsoo's expression was thoroughly confused as he was greeted by the front doors to the mall. He was too lost in his own thoughts on the short walk over to realize where they had arrived. Jongin only chuckled at Kyungsoo's expression as he pulled him in.

"There's a movie theater inside. Now, let's go." He smiled warmly at Kyungsoo, and the elder felt his heart flutter once more as he nodded. He could just look at Jongin forever and be happy.

As they walked through the well kept mall with polished floors and sparkling glass windows outside shops, Kyungsoo's gaze was everywhere. It had been a while since he'd been shopping, let alone at a mall, and Jongin caught the other's excitement.

"We could go shopping afterwards, too. It's Friday anyways, we don't have school tomorrow."

"Really?" Kyungsoo blurted, eyes wide and sparkling with delight as he unconsciously squeezed Jongin's hand. The expression and touch caught Jongin off guard as he quickly nodded.

"O-of course," he replied, recoving quickly, "Only if you want to."

"I want to!" Kyungsoo cheered, walking with an even more excited spring in his step as he walked. He was so happy that his pace was just a bit faster than Jongin's now pulling the younger instead of the other way around.

Jongin could only chuckle as Kyungsoo pulled them into the entrance of the movie theater. Kyungsoo was just too adorable, he thought to himself, and he knew he could definitely get used to this.