The Monday After

His Glue

Kyungsoo was flustered as he walked through the school gates the following weekend, the events from the previous Friday still fresh in his mind.

In fact, he was flustered the entire weekend after as well. All he can remember from his Saturday and Sunday morning was the butterflies in his stomach and the blush that never ceased to appear on his cheeks whenever he recalled how Jongin had dropped him off at home.

And so, his entire Sunday night was spent finishing his homework and cramming for tests.

It was safe to say he didn’t get too much sleep, but in Kyungsoo’s opinion, he wouldn’t have changed anything even if he had the choice.

So on Monday morning after making his way to his classroom, he yawned softly, rubbing his slightly dark eyes as he took his seat.

With a few extra minutes before the bell, he opened his book to study a bit more for his test, even though he’s probably going to ace it anyways.

Kyungsoo was too absorbed in the text to notice Baekhyun sliding into the seat next to his own.

“Hey,” Baekhyun said, nudging his friend with his elbow, managing to get the other’s attention.

Kyungsoo jumps slightly, because he had just been reading about a particularly bloody war from his world history textbook, and the noise he makes is slightly girly.

“Oh, hi Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo breathes as he regains his composure, one hand on his chest.

Baekhyun smirks and Kyungsoo sees it, his own eyes widening in a bit of anticipation.

“So, what happened on Friday after we split up?” Baekhyun asks.

Kyungsoo’s hesitating and stammering for an answer, the truth or a lie, he doesn’t know yet, but somehow Luhan’s made his way into the circle as well.

“Sh-shouldn’t you two be telling m-me what happened?” Kyungsoo stammers out in an attempt to avoid the question.

Luhan’s cheeks pink, evidence that something had gone on after they had split up the last Friday, but Baekhyun’s not so easily fooled.

“Don’t change the subject, Kyungsoo. And you have explaining to do too, Luhan.” Baekhyun responds firmly, eyebrows raised both playfully and in suspicion of his two friends.

Luhan blushes even deeper, but Baekhyun’s attention is still on Kyungsoo, and the latter knows it’ll take a miracle to get out of this one. Kyungsoo stalls for as long as he can, gulping slightly as he flips his history textbook shut.

“Well,” Kyungsoo begins, but he can’t finish because he’s cut off by the ringing of the bell and the booming voice of their teacher.

“That’s the bell! Everyone in your own seats!”

Kyungsoo sighs in relief and Luhan looks a bit more relaxed, glad that his own questioning would be further delayed, but Baekhyun’s shooting lasers with his eyes, giving both Kyungsoo and Luhan a look that means he expects the story out of them directly after class.

***

As for Jongin’s weekend, it mirrored that of Kyungsoo’s, though he had been much less flustered than the other male.

What he had done on Friday was rather spontaneous, and before he even fully comprehended what he said, his body was moving of his own accord and his lips were on Kyungsoo’s.

He smiles just reminiscing the memory, and chuckles to himself picturing the adorable image on the other’s features.

So Jongin walks to school on Monday with a grin so wide that it’s almost considered cheeky, and his homework barely completed because he was too busy replaying the events from Friday over and over again in his head.

In class, he’s daydreaming slightly again, chin rested on his palm as he gazes out the window, and he’s pulled out of his daze hearing two very familiar voices come closer. The louder one has to be Chanyeol, and the other he knows is Sehun without even listening closely.

But something catches him off guard. Because, Sehun’s normally witty replies to Chanyeol’s teases aren’t coming. In fact, there’s really no sound from Sehun, which is strange, because Sehun loves outwitting Chanyeol.

Jongin turns to his friends, and his eyes widen even further seeing a faint, but definitely there, pink on Sehun’s cheeks and-

“You’re blushing.” Jongin blurts as Sehun hides his face in his hands, plopping miserably into the seat adjacent to him, and Chanyeol takes a seat onto the desk with an arrogant grin on his lips.

Sehun groans, “God, I know.” His voice is muffled through his fingers, and Jongin can see the pink spreading to the tips of his ears.

“Chanyeol, what did you do?” Jongin chuckles, never before seeing his normally composed and chic friend ever behave like his.

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms across his chest arrogantly, “All I did was ask how his Friday night was.”

“And I replied that it was good,” Sehun groans again through his fingers, refusing to reveal his face, “That’s all I said, and then he starts pestering me about…other things.”

Jongin raises an eyebrow at Chanyeol, who’s still grinning cockily, and sighs softly before leaning back in his seat, waiting for an explanation.

“All I did was ask about Luhan,” Chanyeol shrugs nonchalantly, his wide grin giving him away as Sehun groans again.

Jongin suddenly understands the reason for his friend’s strange behavior and blush, and he chuckles, remembering his own events from Friday night.

The bell rings and Sehun groans in delight, though he keeps his hands on his cheeks a little while longer, just long enough for all the pink the disappear as their teachers begin class, and Chanyeol shuffles over to his own seat. The latter’s still grinning cheekily, and Sehun shoots a glare at Jongin, who’s also grinning cockily.

“You better spill your story too…” Sehun mutters under his breath, eyes narrowing.

It’s obvious that he did not enjoy the humiliation from Chanyeol that he usually gave to the other.

“I can’t wait to tell mine,” is all Jongin replies, a happy smile on his lips.

Sehun groans, wishing he could have at least taken his humiliation in stride, and Jongin chuckles again, that previous Friday being the best he’s had in a while.