Love is in the Air (and so is heartbreak)

His Glue

The moment the bell rings for lunch break, Baekhyun practically pounces on Luhan.

“What happened?” He asks, hands holding the other in place.

“Um. E-er…” Luhan hesitates, his cheeks quickly flushing red. His relatively fair skin had always made his blush easily visible, so it was easy to tell when he was embarrassed. “N-not much, really. I w-went home…” Luhan tried to lie, but Baekhyun saw through it easily.

“Don’t try and lie to me, Luhan. It’s not working.” Baekhyun hummed, raising an eyebrow as Kyungsoo interjected, now curious.

“Please?”

The blonde let out a soft sigh as he brought his hands up to his face, feeling his flaming hot cheeks as he mumbled through his fingertips, shutting his eyes.

“We went out for dinner, that’s all, and then he dropped me home. Nothing special, okay?” Luhan spits the words out in a flurry, and Baekhyun smiles widely. Though it sounds like nothing, both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo knew how special it was for someone like Sehun to take anyone out for dinner, or a date for that matter.

But to save Luhan his embarrassment, Baekhyun let the ‘nothing special’ part slip by, deciding not to interrogate the other boy.

“And you, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asks, releasing his hold on Luhan as they both turn towards the wide-eyed boy whose cheeks are starting to warm as well.

“W-well, Jongin walked me home…” Kyungsoo explains, and his heart rate increases just remembering what had happened, and he suddenly doesn’t know if he has the guts to keep talking.

“And…?” Luhan prods, his own embarrassment gone as curiosity takes over.

“And…” Kyungsoo’s voice drops to a whisper, so quiet that both Baekhyun and Luhan are straining their ears to hear, “—

***

“---I kissed him.” Jongin admits with a proud smile as Chanyeol’s and Sehun’s jaws drop. Chanyeol had easily made Sehun spill the moment the bell rang, and Sehun groaned before admitting the truth, knowing his friend would stop at nothing. After a few teases by the giant, causing Sehun’s ears to only turn redder, the attention was on Jongin, who was eager to share his story.

“You kissed him?” Chanyeol and Sehun say in unison in surprise, eyes wide at their friend’s courage. That was an ending they certainly weren’t expecting. In fact, they were expecting Jongin to simply drop Kyungsoo off at home.

Jongin nods confidently with almost a cheeky smile on his lips. “Looks like only I got a kiss then?” He chuckles, jokingly puckering his lips at his friends, who were probably jealous.

Maybe Chanyeol wouldn’t admit to it, but it was clear from just Sehun’s expression alone that he might’ve wanted a kiss from Luhan—no, he would’ve wanted a kiss from Luhan.

“Let’s go get some lunch,” Jongin chuckles as he stands, closing his friends’ jaws that were still hanging open.

***

“He what?!?!”

Baekhyun nearly shrieks as Luhan’s eyes widen in surprise, some of the remaining students in the classroom turning to the commotion.

“Shhh!” Kyungsoo shushes, his cheeks continually redder than the moment before, “Not so loud!” he whispers, though his own voice carries a bit.

Joonmyeon, who had happened to be packing up before heading for lunch managed to overhear the conversation, and couldn’t help but listen in.

“J-Jongin kissed you?” Luhan says in shock before a smile stretches across his lips, wishing Sehun had maybe done the same.

Kyungsoo nods almost shyly, hands now covering his own a face as Baekhyun throws himself at him.

“Oh my god, Kyungsoo, that is so cute!” Baekhyun squeals, pulling Luhan into the death hug as well.

And Joonmyeon’s own eyes widen in shock hearing the words, and he feels his own chest tighten a little. Not exactly sure why, he feels little stings and prickles near his eyes as the tears start to well up, and he tries to blink them away. He finds himself biting his lower lip hard as he rushes to pack up and dash out of the classroom, head in a daze.

Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Baekhyun are too wrapped up in the hug and ‘celebration’ (to Kyungsoo it’s embarrassment and torture, to Luhan and Baekhyun it’s a party) to notice Joonmyeon hastily leave, accidentally nudging a chair across the floor, resulting in a pretty loud screeching noise.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo mumbles into someone’s arm that’s covering his face (he can’t tell if it’s Luhan’s or Baekhyun’s), and he wiggles in their tight hold for both some air and hopefully for a look at where the sound came from.

Finally escaping with an exaggerated gasp, all Kyungsoo sees is an empty classroom, but he’s sure that it wasn’t empty just moments ago. His eyebrows furrow in confusion, seeing the chair that’s been moved out of place, but it’s far too late to figure out who could’ve still been in the class.

“So, where does that leave you two?” Baekhyun asks as he and Luhan finally relinquish the tight hold on Kyungsoo’s body.

The question leaves Kyungsoo a bit speechless as he flushes pink again.

“Oh. Um. I hadn’t really thought about that.”

Now, Kyungsoo’s genuinely confused, because Jongin had said they weren’t dating ‘yet’. So Jongin kissed him, but it’s not like they were a couple or anything. He starts to feel suddenly anxious again, because he knows that they’re obviously going to eat lunch with Jongin and his friends, and he doesn’t know what their relationship status is, as superficial as that worry sounds.

“Don’t worry about it!” Luhan chimes, filling in the silence that had filled the room while Kyungsoo was worrying in his mind. Well, Kyungsoo’s panic was pretty clear by the expression on his face too.

“Let’s get some lunch and not think about it,” Baekhyun chuckled, pulling Kyungsoo up with an arm hooked through an arm, already tugging the other out the door.

“I m-made lunch!” Kyungsoo exclaims, flailing to regain his balance and failing to do so, ending up staggering as he had to follow Baekhyun’s lead.

“Don’t worry, I got it!” Luhan exclaims, smiling happily with several lunch boxes in hand as he bounds out of the empty classroom.

The three all miss the figure hiding behind an open locker, listening in on the conversation.

***

“Over here!” Chanyeol’s deep voice booms from a lunch table as he waves over Baekhyun, Luhan, and Kyungsoo, who is still pink in the face.

Once everyone’s seated, Luhan plops the lunches down onto the table.

“There’s only three.” Baekhyun notes in a bit of confusion, looking up at everyone, “And there’s six of us.”

“We’re sharing, duh.” Chanyeol replies, saving Kyungsoo from talking.

Kyungsoo nearly sighs in relief because he’s sure his voice would’ve cracked, because Jongin is right to his left at the circular table, and he finds it hard to even look up from his lap.

“I’ll share with you, Baekkie!” Chanyeol grins almost childishly, knowing the other hates the nickname, and picks up one of the lunches.

It pretty much goes unsaid that Luhan and Sehun are sharing, especially with the way one of Sehun’s arms wrap around Luhan’s torso and the other pulls a lunch box.

“I guess this is for us, then?” Jongin finally speaks, and by the sound of his voice, it’s obvious that he’s holding back a chuckle.

Kyungsoo nods, barely able to glance up at the other before his face flames again, and for once he’s relieved that his friends are busy with one another, with Baekhyun refusing to be fed by Chanyeol, and Luhan practically sitting on Sehun’s lap.

“Why so shy, Kyungsoo?” Jongin grins, and when Kyungsoo sees his face he immediately thinks back to Friday night, and he knows that Jongin knows to.

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo scrunches his nose in retaliation, though his words were more playful than anything else, “I’m not shy.”

As Jongin’s about to playfully retort something else, a spoonful of rice gets shoved into his mouth, muffling his words.

“Just eat. I made this with lots of care,” Kyungsoo lectures, a smile curling onto his lips as he continues to fill Jongin’s mouth with rice, rice, and more rice, soft giggles threatening to leave his lips, “You should be grateful I’m even feeding you.”

Kyungsoo chuckles as Jongin attempts to take the spoon away, all the while struggling with the rice in his mouth, trying to chew and talk.

Neither of them see the hard gaze from across the cafeteria from a boy looking both jealous and lost at the same time.


Really, really sorry about the lack of an update in such a long time! Hopefully school won't get to be even busier.

Thanks for sticking around for so long!