The Safest Place: Chapter 1

The Safest Place

I'm not easily intoxicated, well, not by alcohol anyway. But there's one thing that always manages to do the job. Her, Tiffany Hwang. Whenever I see her, I get that ecstasy feeling and whenever she touches me, even in the most inaffectionate way, I feel like I'm in the safest place I could ever wish to be in. I've always had that soft spot for her, but it has grew and grew over the years. If only she knew, more wishingly, if only she felt the same towards me.

 

"Hey, Taeyeon, was you alright last night? You seemed really quiet for a change, that's not usually you." Sooyoung announced whilst squeezing herself into the frame of the mirror where I was ever so trying to position my hair accordingly to impress.

"Yeah, just tired. Extremely tired" I answered promptly. Tired, I was tired, not physically, but tired of keeping it to myself, you know, liking Tiffany. It hasn't always been like this, I've never liked a girl in this way before, well, maybe not to the extent of Tiffany. I was always on the front row when it came to boys at school, I liked them, they liked me. That's how it went, every time. Even now I still like boys to be honest, but there's so many things to Tiffany, I just can't contain it.

"Will you move out of the way of the mirror?! You've been there for the last five minutes at least just staring at yourself! I need to get ready and we don't want to be late" Sooyoung triumphantly won the place of the mirror as I had actually finished everything that I needed to do. "It's like you're trying to impress someone, it's only a photo shoot. Now which looks better? Straight or curls?" My eyes widened, it's obvious I was trying to impress someone, even if we did have to at least look presentable for the shoot, but there's a difference between looking nice and trying to impress and unfortunately, Sooyoung spotted it.

"Sorry, I was daydreaming, you know what I'm like..." I did feel a little depressed at this point, I was deep in thought and I was interrupted. I hate that. "Oh, and straight." I answered defiantly.

"It's fine, just go sit and wait now, I'm the last one to get ready so it shouldn't be too long now until we can leave for the shoot. Thanks for the advice for my hair though, I'll go straight" She pointed to the door for me to leave, she needed the privacy, she was getting ready and I could only have been a distraction after all. As I opened the door and turned around to close it behind me, who had to walk straight into me. Tiffany.

It was only then I realised she came to offer drinks to me and Sooyoung when the drinks were all over me. I was soaking. My jacket and trousers were dripping with water. I stood in awe looking down at myself where the drinks had been tipped onto me. I was dying to look up, but I knew as soon as I lay my eyes on her, I wouldn't be able to pull them away. Her eye smile would've captivated me and my eyes would be drawn straight to hers. I didn't want that. Well, I did, of course I wanted that, but not in the sense that she'd think there was something wrong with me.

"Oh Taeyeon! I am so so sorry!" Let me get a towel for you!"

"No, it's fine, I'm alright, it'll dry off" I laughed and gave her a smile. I didn't want her to leave, not for a split second, I was happy in her presence and hopefully, she was happy in mine. It's as though she has a magical aura to her. One step inside and all your troubles seem to leave. I don't have many troubles, but when I do, even one minute with Tiffany takes them out of my mind. I love her for that. I love her for everything though, so it's no surprise that I do love her for that.

"Are you sure? You might get cold with wet clothes on."

"I'm sure, I'll take my jacket off but not the trousers. Don't want me casually walking around half now do we?" I successfully made her laugh, my number one intention. Not that I would've minded taking them off in front of Tiffany, but I've got to act normal in front of her for the time being. Now that I'm thinking about it, she probably would've patted me dry with that towel. She's so caring. She woud've done that for me, I know she would. She probably thinks of me as a best friend at the most, disappointing I know, but at least I know she likes me in a positive way. Anything negative and I'd be heartbroken.

"Haha, Taeyeon, never fail to make me smile do you?" She gave me the most beautiful smile in return. Her sparkling teeth protruding through her red lips that were in perfect contrast to her hair. How is it possible for someone to be so perfect? I honestly cannot pick a fault with her. She's flawless and most certainly the definition of perfection in my eyes.

"Are you nearly ready Sooyoung?" Tiffany asked as she pushed the door slightly ajar. 

"Yeah, I'm ready now, what was that noise I heard? Sounded a bit of a clumsy moment as usual haha" Sooyoung responded and was placing her cosmetics into the cupboard. "That should do for the coach trip, the professional's should touch us up when we get there"

That was a true statement, they'd probably have an exact match of my outfit anyway so it wouldn't even matter if my clothes were still wet. I didn't even take my jacket off, it was said more to keep Tiffany at ease and to stop her from feeling bad about it. She's sensitive in that respect, I want to look after her. I want to be the one she goes to to protect her, to have full responsibility of her, care for her, risk my life for her. Wow, I could go on for ages, there's an infinite amount of feelings I have for that girl, and amongst all of them, not one bad one.

"Oh, that?" Tiffany giggled. "Me and Taeyeon had a little accident outside."

"Yeah, look what she did to me!" I said as I pulled on my trousers, revealing the wet patch.

"Haha, it kinda looks like you've peed." Sooyoung smirked as she bit on her lip. You could clearly tell that Tiffany was preventing herself from laughing at the thought, I didn't blame her, I would've been silently laughing to myself if it happened to Tiffany, but in an affectionate way because she'd be all embarrassed. Bless her. I'd hate for her to feel embarrassed, but she would look adorable none the less. Besides, yet again, it's nice to see Tiffany laughing at something on my behalf. I love seeing her like that.

"Right, that should be everything, can we lock up the apartment now? The coach is here." Yoona wondered and looked at us all; me stood there trying to cover up my now called 'pee patch'. Luckily, only myself, Tiffany and Sooyoung know of it and neither of them said anything, not like it would be much of a deal if everyone did know, it was only a bit of water.

Yoona turned the keys through the keyhole and proceeded down the steps to the coach, she smiled and made her way towards the rest of us. The driver got out and opened the door for us to get in.

Well, at least it was a fairly nice morning.