kris/xiumin

marking your hearts

make a way for the female

 

word count: 767

summary: A girl came for the male try-outs today. Kris was not amused.

notes: fill for mikmubik my love I am very truly terribly sorry for the long delay and the lack of words. I was writing this and suddenly it became a loooooong new prompt for me. I'm not gonna promise anything but this might be a preview of a oneshot I might be posting as a whole new fic. I'm sorry honey, and you can request again~

 

 

 

“The girl’s team try-outs is tomorrow,” Kris muttered nonchalantly, not giving a second look towards the short ‘female’, who just showed up at the court.

“Dude, he’s a—“

“Get the boys into the court, we’re gonna have some basic lay-ups and dribbling,” Kris cuts Chanyeol out before he could continue with whatever he was about to say. He turned to his left, and the supposedly ‘girl’ was still standing there and blinking at him furiously. Kris raised an eyebrow towards the ‘girl’, and Chanyeol rolled his eyes in frustration.

“I thought you heard my buzzer; girls’ try-outs is tomorrow, uhm—“ Kris paused, wondering on how to address ‘her’. “Minseok,” ‘she’ offered. “Yeah, Minseok, come back tomorrow, you might make the team; you have the figure for it,” Kris continued before he jogged into the courts with all the other basketball players and new participants, missing the very visible flush on Minseok’s face, running down from ‘her’ chubby cheeks to her neck.

Chanyeol mentally face-palmed.

 

xx

 

The cafeteria was loud as usual, but of course in the midst of all the chatters, there’s Baekhyun, whose voice cut through thick air like a boom with his raspy accentuated voice. “Yo, duizhang, how’d the try-outs go?” Baekhyun plopped down on the empty seat beside Zitao who immediately latched himself onto the shorter and Baekhyun popped a kimbap in Zitao’s mouth in return. “Gross. Get a ing lab, Zitao,” Chanyeol spat.

“A girl came to the try-outs so I told her to go to the girls’ try-outs but I asked Amber yesterday and she said no Minseok appeared,” Kris sighed out as he sipped his chocolate milk.

“Of course you dumb- he’s a—“

“Did Luhan get himself a new girlfriend?” Kris interjected again before Chanyeol – again – could finish his sentence. The quiet Kyungsoo stared at Kris, eyes wide because really, Kris Wu Yifan is a dumb. “Are you joking me? That’s Kim Minseok, the guy who broke through the great goalkeeper Zhang Yixing. Haven’t you heard? The soccer team try-outs was yesterday and Minseok was the only one who managed to get the ball past Yixing’s hands. Luhan immediately scouted him,” Kyungsoo helpfully laid out the details. Baekhyun snickered. “And why the hell would you know all these, librarian?” he smirked. Zitao stole a quick peck on Baekhyun’s lips before saying, “Kyungsoo was there at the try-outs yesterday because he’d been fantasizing what it’d be like to be in Jongdae’s pants.”

Kyungsoo threw an eggroll into Zitao’s direction.

“Jongdae the midfielder who—“

“Wait so you’re saying Minseok is a guy?

Chanyeol mentally facepalmed (again).

“Sweet ing bread rolls could you stop cutting people out? And yes, Kim obviously male Minseok is undoubtedly one of our species and he didn’t show up at the try-outs for nothing. Blame pooping potatoes that you’re an ignorant , otherwise we would’ve scored ourselves a great shooter,” Chanyeol said everything in one breath because hell, Kris could’ve cut him out again.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Zitao and Kyungsoo watched as Kris practically melted in his seat, as he realized what a, quote unquote dumb he is. He tried to meet Chanyeol in the eyes. “But she had these big eyes and chubby cheeks, and pink lips and he’s a lot shorter than I am!”

“You’re abnormally tall, that’s it. Minseok is just as short as Kyungsoo and I are,” Baekhyun tried to reason.

“I think I heard my name?”

Sweet ing bread rolls, Kris almost spits out his entire lunch box when Kim obviously male Minseok came abruptly to their lunch table. Kris eyed Minseok from the crown of his dark brown hair, to his chubby features, his well-built torso, and, uhm, his southern region. Yup, Kim obviously male Minseok is undoubtedly a male and well, Kris needed to get himself straight.

“I think you look cute,” well crap, Kris didn’t mean for that to come out.

“Uhm, thank you?” Minseok answered hesitantly.

“He meant holy you’re a guy can I date you,” Kyungsoo helpfully translated Kris’ code language and Kris needed to fight the blush creeping onto his face as he gave Kyungsoo a smack on his head.

“Shut up, librarian!” he yelled out louder than he intended to, but turned to face the startled Minseok once again. “What I meant was,” he took a deep breath, “I’m sorry for thinking that you were a girl the other day.”

Minseok beamed a smile before telling Kris that it’s okay, some people are just weird like that and Kris thinks that he might be in love because Minseok has the greatest smile ever.

 

 

 

xx,

do upvote if you liked this drabble!