sehun/chen

marking your hearts

abnormalities-

 

word count: 1057

summary: Kim jongdae has always been indifferent. yet Oh Sehun broke through.

notes: fill for SeasonsOfEXO  this is so un-organized and i'm sorry i can't follow your 'and chen is the only to tame the uncontrollable maknae'. at first when i saw this i was like, kids!exo but then i at balancing angst and fluff so i am really really sorry for the amount of fail.

 

 

It’s a miracle he managed to get sehun to be friends with him, and it’s another wonder that sehun’s small clique of friends is able to stick around and let jongdae into their circle of relationship. Joonmyun is a third grader, and that made him the oldest among them all, and Joonmyun has always wanted some younger siblings to be taken care of, despite his young age and kind of immature mind. sehun always comes running to him without warning and soon, the younger begins to bring a friend or two with him, and they stayed like that.

Playing, eating, scraping their knees together on the same hallways.

 

*

 

It was the second week of school when sehun brought a crying Jongin to Joonmyun during recess and Joonmyun had offered his pasta bake to sooth the crying Jongin.

“they called me d-dark k-kid,” Jongin choked between sobs, and sehun’s small hands instinctively pat the boy’s back. Sehun tried cracking a joke, and joonmyun’s older brother Minseok and his best friend Luhan – both sixth graders and are leaving for middle school in the summer – came about talking on how they’ll teach those kids some lesson and Jongin finally broke into a smile.

A week later sehun came running to the same lunch table with two boys tugging at both his hands. “hyung! Hyung look I brought twins!” Joonmyun was feeding Jongin some mushroom soup (somehow they’re getting along a little too well with each other) and pat the seats in front of him. “this is Chanyeol hyung, the elder and Baekhyun hyung the younger. They’ve just moved here and I thought it would be cool for them to hangout with us!” sehun high-fived each of the twins and Joonmyun wondered if sehun is a really 7 years old.

After some while, they stayed like that, bonding some tight relationship with each other, all because of the seven years old sehun.

 

Somewhere during autumn, sehun was walking at the back of the school building, when he should be at the cafeteria with his hyungs. Sehun was angry at his English teacher for accusing him of cheating, and he stomped his little feet along the way when suddenly he saw a boy, a little too unfamiliar, crouching and burying his face between his knees. Sehun immediately forgot all about test, and cheating, and soojung and crouched beside the sobbing figure. The boy lifted his tear-stricken face and sehun’s brain did it again – he held out a hand with a blinding smile.

“hi, I’m oh sehun.”

The boy looked away and increased the distance between them both.

“have you eaten lunch?”

He still didn’t respond.

“I’m a first grader.”

The boy eyed sehun suspiciously and finally let out a shy hand as he choked on his name.

“I’m kim Jongdae.”

Sehun tugged at his sleeves and dragged him to the usual lunch table.

 

*

 

Joonmyun was more than surprised to see Jongdae with sehun that lunch period.

“hyung.”

Sehun stared wide-eyed at Joonmyun, like a curious puppy he is.

“Jongdae.”

Sehun threw his body between Joonmyun and Jongdae and Jongin had to roll his eyes at the immaturity (please, Jongin is only 4 months older than sehun anyways). “joon-hyung you knew Jongdae?” sehun asked, voice dripping with excitement. “remember the cousin I told you about? He’s standing before you,” joonmyun sounded unsure. Sehun bounced up and down and squealed, “yay! New friend for the lunch table!” and Joonmyun ruffled sehun’s hair. Jongin frowned and Joonmyun let out a knowing chuckle before ruffling the younger’s hair too.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were ecstatic when they learn that Jongdae is also a second grader and sehun gripped his new hyung’s hand tight.

 

 

Sehun learns that Jongdae is very quiet, not in the shy sense, more like in some sort of resort to himself only. He laughs when needed and speak when spoken too, otherwise stayed quiet and sehun finds this very amusing. He question the first day he saw Jongdae, the day he was crying because really, sehun has never ever seen him crying anymore after that. He finds it interesting to compare himself with his new hyung; sehun is very outspoken and almost jumps all the way every time he walks, while Jongdae lives in his own pace.

However, sehun had been the best friend Jongdae could ever ask for.

 

*

 

Jongdae was fourteen when he got kicked out of the house and sehun finally realized all the obscured tears Jongdae had been hiding. He’d come to joonmyun’s place that night and greeted Minseok before running straight for joonmyun’s room in which Jongdae had spent crying and curling under the blanket. Sehun had slipped into the blanket and hugged the crying figure and eventually spent the night rocking back and forth Jongdae clutched to his front for dear life.

The next day Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol came with tubs of ice creams and stacks of cds for entertainment.

Joonmyun still questions sehun’s ability for this bond to happen.

 

*

 

“hey hyung?” they were laying side by side on sehun’s bed, the clock ticking past 3 am. “hmm,” Jongdae answered and snuggled closer, sehun is far taller than him now at this age. “would you forget about me when you go into college?” Jongdae let out a sleepy laugh. “silly, you’re following me next year aren’t you?”

Sehun paused for a while.

“but hyung, so many things can happen in a year,” sehun hugged the smaller frame tighter.

Jongdae fluttered his eyes open and pushed himself so that he rests on his elbows and locked his eyes with sehun’s before bending down to trail butterfly kisses on the younger’s face, starting from his forehead, to his eyelids, his nose, pink cheeks, chin and finally – his lips. Jongdae lay down again and pressed his body closer to sehun, and brought the latter’s knuckles to his lips before kissing each fingers.

“hyung-“

“sehun. Tell me. How can I forget the kid who introduced himself as a first grader when I was crying, the kid that held to my hand tight when we declared friends, the kid who cuddled me all night when I was down for the worst, and the kid who brought me to some friends?”

“but hyung-“

Jongdae kissed sehun shut and whispered him a good night.

Jongdae is willing to wait for another year to be back with his sehun.

 

 

 

 

xx,

do upvote if you liked this drabble!