kris/suho

marking your hearts

angel

 

word count: 1154

summary: Suho fell asleep in the practice room and Luhan makes a great brother.

notes: holiday is ending and i haven't finished another 3 requests and i profusely apologize. i just had to post this up because damn krisho feels.

 

 

 

The clock strikes two a.m. when they’re done with dance practice.

“Looks like Suho has fallen asleep again,” Luhan stated, directing his gaze to said man; slumped down on the floor with his back on the mirror side of the room. Sehun walked towards the sleeping leader and squatted down in front of him. The maknae swayed his palm up and down in front of Suho’s face, but apparently the other was probably too deep in his sleep to notice. “Suho hyung is really sleeping,” he concluded before continuing, “I want to sleep too.” Xiumin dragged the younger by his collar and said, “Stop whining maknae. Suho’s been doing a lot chore these days. Don’t bother him.” Sehun pouted but Kai immediately took him by the shoulder and ushered him to collect his stuff.

Kyungsoo stared at Suho before letting out, “Suho hyung looked really tired but so calm at the same time.”

Lay helped collecting Suho’s stuff and shoved them inside the black bag Suho brought with him and Chanyeol and Baekhyun took turns checking every corner of the room for left-out items that would be Suho’s routine if he is awake, to which he is not. Occasionally Suho’s head would bob a bit forward and Tao watches with the slightest worry that the elder might sprain his neck if he snaps a little too hard.

“Are you guys done?” Chen asked and everyone nodded their head in unison. It’s unusually quiet after practice this time, but they figured out probably it’s because of the busy schedule they had past this week. Preparing for comeback always prove to be the most critical time of their hectic lives.

“Should we wake him up?” Luhan asked, again pointing to the sleeping man.

“No. It’s fine. You guys go first, I’ll bring him up,” Kris calmly interjected and Luhan pressed his lips upwards, almost snickering. “Okay then. Sehun-ah, Kai-yah, bring duizhang’s and Joonmyun’s bags as you guys go,” Luhan ordered and the two maknaes obeyed. It was one of those rare times where Luhan actually acted matured, like the twenty-four year old he’s grown to be. Luhan gave Kris one last look before ushering everyone outside the room. “Don’t forget to switch off the lights,” was his last message before they all climbed the stairs to their dorm.

After all the shuffling noise was gone, Kris squatted in front of Suho, much like Sehun did just now but distinctly closer.

He smiled as he studies the features on Suho’s face. He let his gaze travel from the crown of the younger’s hair, to his smooth eyebrows, the crook of his nose, and Kris notices the pale skin Suho sported, and his cheeks and lastly, his red lips.

 

Suho let his head rest comfortably on Kris’s lap, one too warm of an autumn night. The others were fast asleep, but the two leaders had just returned from a meeting with their coordinator. Kris smiled and started carding through the other’s hair, once in a while scratching lightly behind his ears, something Kris had learned to be one of the things that made Suho curve his lips upwards in content.

“They should dye Baekhyun’s hair back to purple you know, the fans really loved it! Remember this one time a fan shouted ‘I love your hair, Baekhyun oppa!’? he loved that. He should be getting more of it. And those white beanie Sehun had been wearing, it looked really good on him. Oh and our vocal trainer should stop straining Jongdae’s vocal chords; he might burn his lungs and-“

Kris smiled as Suho continued rambling about his concerns and worries towards their brothers and sometimes Kris felt like slapping Suho’s cute wide forehead because really, he worries about the other too much.

“-ah I forgot to remind Jongin on his medication again! I hope his waist has become better. Such a hard headed person, hurting himself when I tell him not to. Maybe I’ll talk to Kyungsoo about—“

Kris decided he had enough of Suho’s grandma-like concern and shut him down with a gentle kiss. The Chinese man smiled into the kiss as he felt Suho let a small gasp but leans in all the same.

“You speak too much,” Kris whispered on Suho’s lips and chuckled when the man beneath started to blush crimson from his cheeks all the way to his neck.

 

The sweat from earlier hasn’t dry off yet and Kris wondered for a brief moment to wipe or not to wipe. Carefully, he placed his calloused thumb on Suho’s right cheek and let it slowly trace the smooth skin of Suho’s face. Okay so maybe that did not do much to help dry the sweat away but hey, he’s trying. Finally, the thumb stayed stationary on Suho’s soft, red lips. Kris wanted to kiss it again and again, he wanted to taste the softness of the pair again but never mind. Since their first kiss seasons ago, Suho hadn’t brought it up again but Kris wouldn’t miss the sound of his heart beating erratically when he landed his own lips onto Suho’s own pair.

Kris spent several minutes staring and staring at the peaceful face Suho is unconsciously making. Occasionally he’s let out small snores and his head would bob up and down again and again, one time maybe harder than the others and Kris found himself falling deeper for this pristine guardian angel of theirs.

When Xiumin started giving him texts, it was then only did Kris realize he’d spent half an hour just staring and admiring the beautiful face. Deciding it’s time to go, Kris stood and straightened his shirt before bending down again to pick Suho up. Carefully, he positioned Suho’s head to lean on his chest and held tightly to the fragile figure.

He’s lost weight. The comeback must’ve pressured him that much.

Sometimes, more often than not Kris finds anger bubbling inside his heart, and the anger was directed to no one else other than himself, at seeing Suho running around trying to keep everything and every of in check. Kris is his co-leader, and no, Suho has never forgotten that. But maybe that’s it, Suho’s a better person at putting everyone else before himself than Kris is. It was one of the many reasons why Kris is in love with the younger.

He used his free wrist to close the door, and slowly ascended the stairs to their dorm, Suho still soundly breathing against his chest.

“Well this is the least I can do for you, after all you did for us,” Kris looked down to meet the sight of his sleeping angel.

Steps before he reached the door, he heard the sleeping boy said, “I love you too, Yifan ge.” Kris stopped in his tracks, the way his heart stopped at the sentence, but soon smiled as he continued walking.

“Sleep well, angel.”