Goodnight.

Can I Sleep With You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their lips parted.

Foreheads met as husky breath escaped their lungs. Both sets of eyes opened half-mast, glazed with unrefined feeling. Taekwoon’s hands rose to Jaehwan’s cheek, gently he moved his thumb over the smooth expanse of skin. Jaehwan’s eyes softened and he beamed a grin in response to Taekwoon’s movements.

“…Is this okay?” Taekwoon whispered.

Jaehwan lifted his hand to wrap around Taekwoon’s, pressing his hand firmly to his face, “If it’s Taekwoon-Hyung…then it’s okay.” Jaehwan whispered back.

Taekwoon buried his face in Jaehwan’s shoulder, clamping his eyelids shut. He hid the fact that he was smiling so uncontrollably. How can anyone be this cute? He felt a warmth in his chest that was all too new for him to understand. What is this feeling?

Jaehwan moved Taekwoon’s head off his shoulder and straightened it to a place where he could look at him properly.

“Hyung! You’re making a really weird face, are you okay?” Jaehwan teased.

Taekwoon could only laugh. He covered half of his face with his hand. He felt so nervous he could only release this feeling through smiling and laughter.

He was happy.

“Wah! So this is what you’ve been hiding every time you cover your face? You actually smile a lot don’t you?” Jaehwan gasped in mock surprise.

Taekwoon continued laughing. It all felt really strange, sharing something like this with someone else - with Jaehwan.

“Well, I’ve decided, you aren’t allowed to hide it from me anymore!” Jaehwan exclaimed. “This face is mine.” Jaehwan beamed.

Taekwoon’s cheeks hurt. Letting Jaehwan see him like this made him uncomfortable, but he was happy. Happy someone wanted to see him like this, happy Jaehwan wanted to see him like this. Taekwoon burrowed himself once again in Jaehwan’s shoulder.

“…You’re the worst.” He mumbled, Lightly smacking Jaehwan’s head.

As much as Jaehwan joked, he himself couldn’t hide the fact that his body still trembled. This nervousness was new to Jaehwan. The two could not keep up with the tempo that had escalated between them. A break was needed.

“Hyung, let’s sing some more, I like singing with you,” Jaehwan chirped, “I Like it a lot!” He grasped Taekwoon’s arm and led him back to their previous position, yet opted to sit on the floor, he patted the spot next to him for Taekwoon to join him.

Taekwoon slowly crouched down to rest beside Jaehwan. They playlist had repeated and they decided to not alter it and continue singing. Both sat next to each other, but their eyes were in opposite directions, both wondering if they were really caught up to the reality at hand.

 There they sat, crooning sweet melodies to each other, hands tangled in each other’s grip. Eventually, their bodies rested on each other for support as they continued further into the early morning hours. Gravity weighed heavy on their eyes. Their consciousness relinquished their alert state, slipping into a relaxed sleep twined to each other. Their breathing slowed and meshed, daylight peered through the windows.

 

The four members groggily returned to the practice studio. Dragging their limbs to the door to the main room. Hakyeon and Hongbin following in the back of Hyuk and Wonshik.

“They didn’t even come home last night, I couldn’t even sleep, I was worried you know!” Hakyeon berated.

“Don’t worry. Trust me they really wanted to practice.” Hongbin countered.

They entered the practice room to discover the main vocalists collapsed onto each other. Hakyeon let out a taxed sigh. After a moment, he extracted his phone from his coat and aimed it at the sleeping duo.

“This is going on twitter, go and make me worry, fine,” Hakyeon captured a picture, “I’m at least going to get some promotion out of this.” He mused.

Hongbin rubbed his temples, was there ever an opportunity Hakyeon didn’t take to use fanservice to appeal to fans. Honestly. Although he couldn’t help feeling a bit accomplished at the sight of them. The obnoxiously loud noise of the imitation shutter caused Taekwoon and Jaehwan to stir, and open their eyes lazily.

“Good, you’re awake, just in time for more practice!” Hakyeon exclaimed. He his heel and walked to the back room to put away his thick winter coat. Wonshik and Hyuk had already given up on pretending to be diligent that morning and had fallen to the ground in seek of any potential sleep.

Hongbin strode closer to the very confused pair taking in their surroundings, and crouched down to their eye level, “Hyungs, I’m glad things worked out for you,” He raised both his thumbs in encouragement, “you’re both welcome.” He smirked.

The two looked at each other and back to Hongbin in unison, confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter