A Second Opinion

Can I Sleep With You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            One of the perks of being an idol was that when you were having trouble facing someone, you often didn’t have to. With constant practice and fan meetings, Taekwoon was able to avoid making too much direct contact with Jaehwan. It had been a week since the last incident, and looking at Jaehwan only conjured up thoughts that sent flares of heat to his face and a more instinctual part of his anatomy. Even Jaehwan, as extroverted as he was, didn’t try to make much contact with Taekwoon. Every so often glances would be thrown to each other, on the occasion they met, heads snapped downwards and rosy pigment adorned their faces.

            This is really for the best, isn’t it? Taekwoon thought, days without Jaehwan constantly trailing him was exactly what he had desired. But in reality, the scenario he envisioned didn’t include the continual feeling of having ruined something. Mornings were the worst; Jaehwan had stopped trying to sleep with Taekwoon, the mornings now felt a little melancholic. But Taekwoon didn’t do well with overcoming his shyness, or for that matter admitting he just might be missing someone, someone who laid in the mat right beside him every night.

            Everyone had always told him just to simply voice his feelings, but he was always troubled by such a method. This advice did not help the situation at hand. After much arguing with himself, he decided he was in need of a second opinion. Taekwoon thought of the options available. Hyuk was still a child; there was no use there. Taekwoon had little patience when talking with Wonshik, he found it especially hard to talk with him. Haekyeon was a person he felt comfortable enough with, he really was helpful, but given the situation he would cause everything to become unbearably embarrassing. There was one option left, one that gave Taekwoon relief in that not everyone in his company was entirely mental. Hongbin was the ideal option.

            Taekwoon found Hongbin heaving mounds of clothes into the wash behind the separation that annexed the washing area from the main room in the dorm. Taekwoon quietly nudged at Hongbin’s back, choosing not to use words.

            “Hyung?” Hongbin asked, still leaning down tending to his duties.

            “…Can you talk with me for a while?” Taekwoon mustered.

            “Ah, sure Hyung, do you want to go somewhere?” Hongbin inquired, as he rose placing a hand to support his back after craning down.

            “No…here is fine, it’s quiet.” Taekwoon answered.

            Hongbin formed a smile and sat down on the floor, gesturing for Taekwoon to join him. Taekwoon eased down, still apprehensive towards voicing what he was about to. Several moments passed in silence.

            “Jaehwan…I don’t understand him, I can’t face him properly.” Taekwoon confessed, making no attempt to meet Hongbin’s eyes.

            Hongbin was silent for a second before letting out a small content sigh.

            “Ah…I figured as much. If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think he understands you very well either.” Hongbin qualified. Taekwoon simply listened.

            “I’ve known Jaehwan for several years, but it doesn’t take much to see the difference in the both of your personalities.” Hongbin offered. “Personally, Hyung, I think you keep trying to use words to communicate with him, but I don’t think that’s one of your talents. Everyone keeps trying to force you to talk, but maybe you can’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter