"Can't Sleep, Can't Eat, I'm Sick"

L.O.V.E - Just A Click Away!

Woot another update! :)
Just a heads up, I probably won't be updating this fanfic for quite some time because I need to start writing for my other fics as well... but I won't abandon this one. x)
Hope you enjoy this chapter because I've been really trying to improve my writing skills and I hope it shows a little..? xD
Any kind of critique is welcomed because I need to know what things I need to improve on.
Credits for the image belongs to the rightful owner~comment and subscribe! :)


 

tumblr_m08dlqpsZB1rn9lbbo1_250.jpg

 

 

 

  Chanyeol woke up with a pounding headache and a very sore throat that morning. He groaned as he rubbed his groggy eyes and paused his movements when his fingers touched the damp cloth on his forehead. He peeled the cloth off his forehead and closed his eyes, feeling sleep overcome him once again. Just as Chanyeol was about to drift off to dreamland he could hear Jongin's voice, accompanied by a vaguely familiar one, get louder as the voices got closer to his room and stopped at the door.

 

"Thanks for doing this, you really didn't have to come by although I'm sure Chanyeol wouldn't mind the surprise."

 

Baekhyun's here? But... why?

 

"Really, it's fine. I don't have any classes today so I wouldn't have minded looking after him until you get home."

 

Baekhyun's going to take care of me? I really must be dreaming now...

 

"I'll be running late today so I won't be home right after school, but you're welcome to use the kitchen and make yourself at home."

 

"Don't worry, you're going to be late if you don't hurry up!"

 

"Thanks, I owe you bigtime!"

 

Chanyeol heard the front door slam before the apartment got all silent again, and he quickly closed his eyes and pretended be asleep when heard the door handle turning.

 

Baekhyun suddenly felt nervous. Maybe it was because of the fact that what lay on the other side of the door was a sleeping giant, whom he was going to be alone with for most of the day. He woke up extra early that morning to make a special soup for Chanyeol using the recipe Kyungoo usesld before. Baekhyun in a breath as his hand hovered over the door handle before finally turning it and walking into the room.

 

"C-Chanyeol..?" Baekhyun called out softly as he gently closed the door and made his way over to Chanyeol's bedside. Chanyeol opened his eyes slowly, not wanting to make the older boy think that he listening and awake the whole time. "Baek... w-what are you doing here?" croaked Chanyeol, eyeing the plastic bag in Baekhyun's hand.

 

Baekhyun looked down at his feet as a twinge of red appeared on his cheeks, "I-I was worried that you were going to get sick so I um, brought some homemade soup. I-It's not as good as Kyungsoo's cooking but I hope you'll l-like it..." Baekhyun mumbled softly, refusing to meet the taller boy's eyes.

 

Chanyeol grinned and despite being sick, he raised himself onto his elbows to sit up, only to start coughing harshly.

 

Baekhyun didn't hesitate to drop the plastic bag and quickly made his way over to Chanyeol, helping him sit up properly and gently rubbed circles on his back. His back... Oh my god he's shirtless, Baekhyun mentally freaked out as his hand made contact with the hot flesh beneath. Now that Baekhyun thought about it, he vaguely remembered seeing a crumpled t-shirt on the floor next to the bed when he rushed to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol felt his face heat up and the atmosphere in his room get warmer as Baekhyun continued to smoothly rub his back, unaware of the effect it had on the taller boy. "Silly, you need to be laying down and resting in bed." Baekhyun gently scolded him as he took the damp cloth, lightly dabbing the sweat forming on Chanyeol's face.

 

As soon as Baekhyun reached Chanyeol's neck and collarbones, he stopped when he realized how close his body was to Chanyeol's; less than an arm's length away.

 

Chanyeol took the opportunity to study the older male in front, everything from his crescent-shaped eyes to his narrow nose and finally, his eyes landed on those thin lips. Baekhyun bit back a smile as he noticed Chanyeol openly checking him out, and couldn't help but wonder how it would've been like if they switched places; only he would get to be the one to stare at Chanyeol instead.

 

Baekhyun felt like time stopped for him when he finally had the courage to look up at Chanyeol, the cloth in one hand long forgotten and the other hand still lingering on the taller boy's back.

 

What Baekhyun did next surprised them both. The hand that once held the wet cloth was now cradling Chanyeol's left cheek, and he swore his heart stopped beating when Chanyeol looked at him; he wouldn't be lying if he said he didn't like it. He allowed Baekhyun to trace his facial features with his fingertips, with Baekhyun's fingers faintly tracing his nose down to his chapped lips. Chanyeol didn't know whether it was because he was sick that he was feeling strangely affectionate towards Baekhyun, but he allowed himself to enjoy it.

 

He let out a small exhale and closed his eyes as he leaned his head towards Baekhyun's touch, enjoying the coolness on his scorching skin, "That feels.. really nice..." Chanyeol murmured sleepily. Baekhyun frowned slightly at how warm Chanyeol's skin had gotten, also taking note of the sheen of sweat forming on his skin again, "You're really burning up, Yeol..."

 

Chanyeol smiled tiredly at him, "I know, Baek..." and he leaned over closer to lay his head on Baekhyun's shoulder, letting himself relax against the shorter male.

 

Baekhyun didn't anticipate Chanyeol's move and he felt his face get really hot, questioning himself whether he was the one with the fever. It's because he's sick... right?

 

"Are you leaving after I fall asleep?" mumbled Chanyeol, with his breath on Baekhyun's neck sending chills on the older boy's spine. However, the hint of sadness in the taller boy's voice stopped Baekhyun from mentally freaking out. He smiled warmly before wrapping his arms tightly around Chanyeol's waist, and pulled their bodies closer together until they were chest to chest. His smile widened when he felt lanky arms return his embrace.

 

It was strange. It was strange to think that they had just been strangers almost a week ago, met on a ridiculous dating website, and already they were on their way to becoming closer with one another. Baekhyun didn't mind though, and apparently Chanyeol didn't seem to mind either.

 

They stayed in their embrace like that for awhile before Baekhyun started humming a nameless tune, his voice almost as soothing as a lullaby; it was then that Chanyeol slowly drifted off to sleep. Baekhyun bit his lower lip to hold himself back from laughing when he heard faint snores coming from the younger boy, and after awhile of listening to the snoring, Baekhyun slowly lowered Chanyeol back into the bed and released himself from his arms.

 

He watched as Chanyeol's eyelashes fluttered against his cheekbones every so often, taking the time to admire the younger boy sleeping peacefully. He looks so adorable when he's asleep, Baekhyun blushed at his own thoughts before quickly grabbing the dry cloth and leaving the room.

 

 

---x---------x---

 

 

Chanyeol woke up to the sweet aroma of something cooking coming from the kitchen, and he also took notice of the cold, wet cloth that was obviously placed by Baekhyun. He looked around for the shorter boy only to find that he was nowhere in sight. Chanyeol took the cloth off his forehead and made a move to sit up, but froze midway when he heard the most beautiful sound he's ever heard in his life.

 

Somebody was singing in the kitchen, Baekhyun was singing and Chanyeol hoped that one day Baekhyun would sing for him one day. Chanyeol rushed to get out of bed but tripped on the t-shirt by his bed and he fell to the floor with a loud thud, hurting his knees in the process.

 

And then the singing stopped.

 

Crap... crap, crap, crap... get back in bed Chanyeol, get back in the damn bed!

 

Chanyeol ignored the pain in his knees and scrambled back into his bed, laying flat on his stomache and pretended to sleep just as Baekhyun entered the room.

 

"Yeol?" whispered Baekhyun to the "sleeping" Chanyeol, only to get nothing but soft snorings as a response. He was about to leave the room when he noticed the wet cloth was on the floor and the t-shirt was misplaced from its original spot on the floor. Baekhyun grinned as an idea suddenly popped up in his head.

 

The shorter boy quietly tiptoed his way to Chanyeol's bedside with stretched out arms and leaned over the bed. Uh oh... thought Chanyeol as he stiffened and got a bad feeling in his gut.

 

Baekhyun knew it was wrong to bother someone who was sick, but he just couldn't help himself; he reached over and started tickling Chanyeol's sides.

 

"B-Baek!" Chanyeol jumped as he rolled on his back and tried to fend off Baekhyun's arms, "B-Baekhyun.. s-stop it! T-That really... t-tickles! S-Stop!" Chanyeol gasped and laughed as Baekhyun continued to molest tickle him.

 

Baekhyun was clearly enjoying this too much, "No! Just admit it, you were listening to my amazing singing out there!" his face felt sore from all that grinning and he couldn't remember the last time he had laughed so much with someone other than Kyungsoo.

 

"O-Okay I give! I g-give!" Chanyeol surrended, feeling all out of breath but also feeling very happy inside. Baekhyun ceased his torture on his tall victim only to let out a manly yelp as his "victim" grabbed him by the wrists, pulling him onto the bed; on top of him.

 

Baekhyun felt the temperature in the room rise and his face heat up as he stared down at the boy he was laying on top of, too speechless to say anything. As they stared at one another he felt Chanyeol's grip on his wrists loosen, but made no move to escape. Baekhyun let his wrists rest on top of Chanyeol's moving chest, who was still slightly breathless from his attack, and he boldy started moving his fingertips along his smooth collarbones.

 

Chanyeol felt his breath hitch and his eyes flutter shut as the feathery light touch continued to along the expanse of his chest, making him feel sleepy just as Baekhyun's humming did earlier. Then he suddenly remembered why he pulled Baekhyun into bed with him.

 

Chanyeol then flipped their positions with his thighs straddling the older boy's hips and grabbed Baekhyun's wrists again, pinning them above his head, startling the boy beneath him. Now it was payback time.

 

"C-Chanyeol...?"

 

 



Hope this was worth the wait! :) Aha this is getting a little heated between them~lol ;D
Like I mentioned at the beginning, I won't be updating this anytime soon just so I can focus on other stories.
Let me know what you think of it so far and I'll take any ideas/suggestions you have for me, thanks!