"It Will Rain"

L.O.V.E - Just A Click Away!

I knoow I was supposed to update soon but some unexpected things came up. However, I'm almost done writing up the next chapter so there will definitely be another update either today or tomorrow! :) Lol it's so annoying when I can't keep the picture in the middle of the page like I used to... stupid aff -.- ... Anylays, full credit goes to the rightful owner for the image used.


raining.gif

 

Chanyeol's vision became blurry from the tears forming in his eyes as he ran through the empty street, into an alley and hid behind a garbage dumpster.

Chanyeol covered his mouth with his hands to muffle the harsh breathing and sobs escaping his mouth, just as Tao stopped in the street nearby where he was hiding.

"Chanyeol, please just let Kris talk to you... I don't know what happened to you two, but all I know he's in pain... he won't say anything about it, but it's there in his eyes..." Tao pleaded while looking around, hoping that Chanyeol was somewhere nearby listening to him.

For a few minutes the street was absolutely quiet with the exception of the occasional dogs barking in the distance. Tao sighed heavily after releasing that Chanyeol most likely got away before he got there.

Chanyeol breathed out a shakey sigh of relief as he heard Tao's footsteps get quieter and quieter until eventually the street got silent again. Now that he knew for sure Tao was gone, that was when the tears he was holding in were finally flowing freely down his face.
 

 

---x-----x---
 

 

Chanyeol didn't know how long he stayed there by the smelly dumpster, but it felt like forever. He lifted his head from his knees and stared at the the starry sky above him, all kinds of thoughts running through his head.

He knew he couldn't avoid Kris forever, but he also knew that when the time was right he would seek Kris out himself, on his own terms. Chanyeol sighed and reached down in his pockets for his cellphone only to realize that he left it in his schoolbag, at the cafe... with Jongin...

 So much for calling Joonmyun for a ride, Chanyeol thought to himself as he got up from the dumpster and made his way down the street.

After thirty minutes of endless walking, Chanyeol realized that he was getting nowhere and that he was lost. Then all of a sudden, a clap of lightening flashed through the sky and the rumbljng of thunder could be heard in the distance, soon followed by the sound of raindrops hitting the pavement.

"Perfect, just freakin’ perfect! What's next, hail?" Chanyeol yelled at the sky only to be startled by a strike of lightening hitting a nearby streetlight, darkening the street. Okay, okay I get it, geez...

Chanyeol noticed a playground nearby and ran for cover underneath a slide, silently praying for the storm to stop soon.

 

 

---x-----x---
 

 

"Dammit Kyungsoo, making me do your last minute shopping..." Baekhyun muttered to himself as he scurried through the rain, carrying a bag of groceries in one hand and a yellow umbrella in the other.

Baekhyun decided to take a shortcut by cutting across the playground and he stopped in his tracks when he heard coughing coming from somewhere near. The coughing got louder as he headed towards the direction of the slide. "Hello, is someone there?" Baekhyun called out, squinting his eyes to take a closer look.

Though it was dark, Baekhyun could still see the outline of the figure stepping out from underneath the slide; he gasped as he recognized the figure.

"C-Chanyeol?? What are you doing out here in the rain, you're going to get sick!" Baekhyun rushed towards Chanyeol, putting the umbrella over their heads.

"I-I got l-lost, t-tried to wait for t-the s-storm to p-pass..." Baekhyun could see how badly Chanyeol was shivering and dropped his grocery bags, opting to wrap an arm around Chanyeol's waist instead.

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol lean and sag against him, and he tightened his hold around his slim waist. Chanyeol-ah, please don't get sick...

After ten minutes of walking, Chanyeol stopped Baekhyun from going any further. Baekhyun glanced up at him and opened his mouth to ask him what's wrong, when Chanyeol beat him to it. "I-I live a-at t-that apartment... u-up ahead..." Chanyeol nodded his head towards the direction. Baekhyun widened his eyes and grinned at him, "Really? Well what a coincidence because Kyungsoo and I live in one of those houses right across from you!"

I can't believe we live near each other and haven't crossed paths yet! Baekhyun thought, happily thinking of the endless possibilites.

Chanyeol gave him a weak smile before he started having a coughing fit. Baekhyun grew more worried and tugged on Chanyeol to continue walking, "Let's get you home, Yeol..."

 

 

---x-----x---

 

 

Jongin was startled out of his nap on the couch when he heard somebody pounding on the door. What the hell... Thought Jongin as walked towards the door and opened it. ", Chanyeol!" He didn't hesitate to help Baekhyun carry Chanyeol to his bedroom and they laid him down on the bed. Baekhyun worked fast to remove the taller boy's wet shoes and socks, while Jongin focused on removing his wet school uniform.

Baekhyun ignored the blush creeping onto his face due to the sight of seeing a shirtless Chanyeol, as he pulled out some dry clothes and handing them over to Jongin. "I'll um, w-wait outside," Baekhyun left the room to give them privacy; now was not the time to have images of a Chanyeol in his head.

 

 

---x-----x---

 

 

Baekhyun sat nervously on the couch in the small living room when Jongin walked over to him, handing him a cup of hot tea and sat next to him.

"So you're telling me that Channie got lost while walking home? That's not like him," Jongin smirked at the thought while Baekhyun frowned at him. "I think something happened after he left the cafe, he looked upset from something by the time I found him..." Baekhyun whispered the last thought mostly to himself.

Jongin stared at the shorter boy with a thoughtful expression, "He definitely knows how to get home from the cafe; Kris used to walk him home from there all the time." Jongin then widened his eyes when he realized at what he blurted out.

.

Baekhyun wasn't supposed to know about Kris, at all.

Baekhyun looked at Jongin and tilted his head cutely in confusion, "Whose Kris? Is he a friend of Chanyeol's?"

Yep. Chanyeol was definitely going to throw him over the balcony when he finds out that he told Baekhyun about his ex.

Jongin glanced nervously at the hallway that lead to their bedrooks and then back again at Baekhyun before sighing.

"You have to promise me that you will act as if you know nothing of Kris once you leave, you got that?" Baekhyun could only hesitantly nod his head, worried that he wasn't going to like what he was about to hear.

"So short story long, Kris used to be Chanyeol's boyfriend, but dumped him for some foreign kid when Chanyeol started to get scared of getting intimate with him, thus their relationship going nowhere. Not that I liked the much to begin with..." Jongin grumbled with distaste.

"Poor thing, what that must've done to his confidence... No one as sweet as Chanyeol should ever have to feel like that and be scared," Baekhyun smiled sadly while thinking of his own failed relationships from his past. Then his thoughts wandered over to how happy Chanyeol looked at the cafe with his friends, then to the contrasting sadness in his eyes when he found him at the playground.

Baekhyun turned to face Jongin with renewed determination in his eyes and smiled brightly, "I promise I will do everything I can to make sure he never becomes sad or afraid again. I'll take his hand and help him become confident in himself."

Jongin widened his eyes before recomposing himself and grinned at Baekhyun, "You know, you two are so perfect for each other it's almost gross. Like really, perfect that you would have to be blind not to see it." Jongin couldn' stop the smirk on his face when he saw the bright red blush flourish on the shorter boy's face.

The sudden ringing of a cellphone stopped Jongin from further teasing Baekhyun, and Baekhyun quickly reached into the pockets of his jeans and pulled out his phone.

Jongin drank the remaining tea in his cup and almost choked on it when a familiar name slipped out of the shorter boy's mouth.

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo! The weather got bad really fast, so I decided to wait out the storm at a friend's house nearby. Kyungie... don't be like that~ I don't have any classes tomorrow so I'll do your shopping then-hello? Hello? Kyungsoo? Yeah, okay, hang up on your bestfriend." Baekhyun pouted at his phone before shoving it back into his pocket, with Jongin watching the interaction with amusement.

Moments later, Baekhyun hastily got up and apologized for not staying longer and left the apartment in a rush. Jongin sighed softly as he leaned his body against the flat surface of the door and closed his eyes. Do Kyungsoo, you've been hiding out with Baekhyun this whole time, huh? I won't let you slip away again this time... Jongin vowed to himself that he wouldn't make the same mistake of leaving the owl-eyed boy again, especially the way he did after that, and quitely made his way to his own room to sleep.

Needless to say, Baekhyun got ed by Kyungsoo about his groceries that night, Jongin dreamt of the elusive boy that made his heart feel warm, and Kyungsoo and Jongin were one step closer to reuniting with one another.
 


Yayy things are getting steamy for Baekyeol~~
Btw, Happy Be-lated Valentine's Day everyone! I hope your day was more eventful than mine... >.> Lol sadly no carnations or chocolates from anyone :P
Anylays, be on the lookout for the next chapter post soon! ^^