"Beautiful Target"

L.O.V.E - Just A Click Away!

"I still think Find-Your-Seoul-Mate can help... Hyung, look! You have one match already!"...

baekhyun8.png

  Chanyeol's breathe hitched as he stared at the profile picture of his supposed match. In the picture there was a young man smiling brightly, his eyes crinkling and twinkling with happiness. Staring at the brown-haired man stirred something deep within himself that hadn't felt in long time, and that scared him. Unknowingly to Chanyeol, Jongin had been trying to get his attention for the past three minutes. However, he was quite pleased with his friend's trance-like state and mentally gave himself a pat on the back, job well done indeed, Kai.

"He's pretty cute if you ask me Channie. You should send him a message," he said as he pushed his towards the taller teen, attempting to persuade the other into chatting with the cute stranger.

"W-what? No way! I told you, I'm done with dating, at least for awhile... and besides, it won't ever work out between us, like ever! He probably doesn't even live anywhere close to us, he could be living in China for all we know..." Chanyeol finished lamely, the last thought adding a bitter taste in his mouth. Stupid Chinese men... He sighed as he got up from the table, leaving to go grab himself something to eat from the kitchen.

Jongin rolled his eyes at the older boy's pathetic excuses and decided to take matters into his own hands. He clicked on the profile and started typing a message through the chatbox.

happy_virus_x3: hello baek! i hope we can chat sometime soon and get to know one another. lets become good friends!~ >_<

Jongin quickly hit the send button just as Chanyeol returned and sat down at the table, with a plate full of bacon and eggs. He smiled mischeiviously while getting up and walking over the closet by the door to their apartment. "So, uh, I gotta go over to the dance studio for a while and uh, don't do anything stupid, and say no to drugs! Have fun~!” He slipped on his shoes and jacket, walked out the door quickly before Chanyeol could say anything back.

Confused at the dancer’s sudden odd behaviour, he continued to eat while thinking about the boy from the dating site. Kai is right though, he is pretty cu- a faint beeping noise came from Jongin’s laptop interrupted him from his thoughts. Shrugging his shoulders, he grabbed the laptop to turn it off when something on the screen caused him to choke on his food.

baek-2-yoo: helloo to u too~^^ u are lucky because today is my dayoff from work soo we can chat! Aha, i would definitely like to be friends with u~ ur profile is very interesting =))

“Kai, I am so going to beat you up when you get home,” Chanyeol muttered darkly while looking at the screen. He suddenly panicked, torn between wanting to reply back and chucking the laptop over the balcony. His heart started to beat rapidly in his chest as his shaking fingers hovered slightly over the keyboard. He couldn’t believe it though; the cute stranger was actually talking to him! However, he frowned at the last part of the message, ur profile is very interesting… very interesting… Now that he thought about it, he never looked at his own profile that Jongin made for him. He clicked on the link to his profile and instantly he regretted it. Kim ing Jongin, I lied. I am going to kill you when you get home…

n5000179dc39c1.pngChanyeol1.pngtumblr_m4gvseufSl1qcnx3a.jpg

His lovely dongsaeng uploaded his derpy, unattractive pictures caught of the taller teen with his cellphone without him ever knowing. Including the one where he got drunk for the first time at a Christmas party he went to with Kris. Reading the captions beneath some of the pictures was not helping either at all. DON’T CHA WISH UR BOYFRIEND IS HOT LIKE ME? Or, Looolz got so wasted here~ Of all the pictures, only one was decent enough which was currently used as his display picture and it showed him grinning and his twitchy eye smile.

6967968014_26e2bfdd90_o.jpg

Suddenly, the chatbox reappeared onto the screen as well as another message from the stranger.

baek-2-yoo: ahh, im soo bored today~ theres nothing else to do around here other than to finish unpacking the rest of my things, but too lazy to do it! >.< anywho, nice to meet u, im baekhyun :3

Chanyeol grinned at the quirkiness of the other boy and this time, he didn’t hesitate to respond back.

happy_virus_x3: hello hello~ park chanyeol to the rescue! nice to meet u too baekhyun ^3^ ohh, did u just move recently? :o

He clicked the send button and nervously tapped his fingers on the table, anticipating Baekhyun’s response. Without skipping a beat, he got one quickly.

baek-2-yoo: yayy my hero~ ^o^ yeaa I just moved into my friend’s house to be closer to my university, its better than living in the dorms and plus I get home cooked meals! >:D
happy_virus_x3: what?? no way, u cant be my hyung! U dont even look that old! D: i also live with my friend… a super annoying erted scheming one… >_> he needs to be tied down, hes too wild!
baek-2-yoo: i know right! but thanks, im very flattered <3 im guessing u must still be in high school if im older than u^^ aha I know what u mean. my friend cooks the best food but he can be a little too uptight at times… he needs to loosen up! ;D
happy_virus_x3: yeah, but its my last year, finally! =D hmm… someday we should set them up! Kekeke >:3 hey, can i ask u something?
baek-2-yoo: thats good, study well~^^ go ahead and ask away! :)
happy_virus_x3: why are men so infuriating?
baek-2-yoo: if u can tell me why men are so confusing then maybe I can answer ur question.

Chanyeol gazed at the screen of the laptop as he sat at the table, wondering why he had the need to ask that. Finishing the rest of his meal, he typed back.

happy_virus_x3: thats an age-old argument.. i guess we wont ever figure it out :/
baek-2-yoo: what fun would it be if we did figure it out? :) if i knew the mystery of why the sight of a hot man makes me feel warm and my knees weak, or why his scent and the touch of his skin on mine drives me wild with desire, then maybe all the magic will be lost..

Deep down, his words really affected Chanyeol, and he inhaled deeply trying to calm down the butterflies in his stomach before responding.

happy_virus_x3: thats a very good point, but i still hate men sometimes… >_>
baek-2-yoo: chanyeol, theres a fine line between love and hate. u just need to figure out when, and how, to cross it^^

For the remainder of the day, Chanyeol and Baekhyun messaged each other back and forth until it was dark outside. Both had classes to attend the next morning, and they bid each other a good night with promises of staying in touch. After signing out, Jongin called to say he was “sleeping over” at a friend’s house but he hung up the phone quickly after hearing the disturbing heavy panting from the other end of the phone.

 

You’re still dead when I see you tomorrow, Kim Jongin.
 


The images used do not belong to me! Full credit to the owners of the pictures.
Also, I plan on rewriting the first
chapter. I realized it was very rushed, really short, and not nicely done as it should have been... >.>
Subscribe and comment!^^