"Caffeine"

L.O.V.E - Just A Click Away!


6346ca1dtw1dvplpp99iwj.jpg

 

 

"You know I still hate you Kai, right?" Chanyeol glared at his friend, who was leaning against the taller teen's desk. It turns that Jongin hadn't returned back to their shared apartment for a few days after setting Chanyeol up with his online date; he claimed it was because of his hangover. Chanyeol and Baekhyun managed to talk to each other online in that time but their conversations mostly consisted of school, as both of them were busy with their own studies.

"No you don't, you'll just thank me later on in life when you settle down with Baek," Jongin smirked as Chanyeol glared at him and continued on, "Sooo~ when's the date?"

"Date? What date? There is no date... by the way, the bell is going to go off soon so shouldn't you be in your own homeroom by now?"

The two boys were currently in Chanyeol's class, with Jongin sauntering in through the door like nothing happened for the past few days.

Jongin just shrugged his shoulders and got up to leave just as the morning bell went off.

"Meh, I'll see you later lover-boy~" he laughed as ran out of the classroom when Chanyeol got up from his seat. Chanyeol sighed as he sat back down and dropped his head onto his desk, groaning at the dull ache.

It was then that he could feel someone staring at him from behind. He turned to look around and his eyes landed at none other than Tao staring back at him, from a few seats behind diagonally. Tao gave him a hesitant smile and slightly waved at him. Before Chanyeol could acknowledge him the teacher walked into the room carrying a pile of test papers. Sighing, Chanyeol turned to face the front, confused at the small interaction between him and the Chinese boy. What the hell was that about? I'm not even sure if I want to stick around long enough to find out what he wants...

The bell rang for the end of the first class and Chanyeol quickly packed his things, handed in his test to the teacher and rushed out of the room. He left in such a rush that he completely missed Tao calling out to him.


Chanyeol... are you still mad at him?

 

-----------

 

The rest of his classes passed by in a blur. Chanyeol agreed to meet up at the café close to their school with Jongin, and a few of their other friends after school.

"So you're telling me that Zitao tried to talk to you, twice?” Jongin asked with a disbelieving look on his face. Chanyeol nodded his head, "Yeah, first he waved at me during homeroom and then after school he was walking up to me, but I got onto the bus before he could get to me first..."

"You're pathetic you know that right, Chan-ow! What was that for Seokkie~? Jongdae complained when his Minseok whacked him on the head. Jongin rolled his eyes at the couple while Joonmyun chuckled at his friends.

"Chanyeol, I'm sure Zitao just wants to talk to you, so maybe you should give him a fair chance and hear him out," Joonmyun being the grandpa that he is, was always the most sensible and smart one out of all of them, "He seems like a pretty nice kid to me."

Jongin scoffed at him, "You're just saying that because he hangs out with Yixing, and we all know you're being completely friend-zoned by him," he smirked at the tomato-red faced Joonmyun all the while the other teens laughed at their gramps.

"Thanks grandpa, but I'll just have to think about that one." Chanyeol sighed as he sipped on his bubble tea. Jongin was randomly scanning through the different faces at the cafe when he spotted a familiar looking boy walking up to the cashier. Jongin smirked as he started scheming in his head; the others noticed that look and nervous glances were exchanged between them.

“Yah, hyung, go get me more bubble tea pleeease~?” Jongin asked as he added a bit of his charming aegyo for Chanyeol. He grinned as he watched Chanyeol glare at him and left to go line up at the cashier.

“Kai… What are you up to now because don’t think we didn’t see that look on your face,” Minseok asked worriedly. Jongin just smirked and simply said, “Just enjoy the show hyung…”

Chanyeol being the clumsy giant that he is, bumped into someone in front of him from tripping over air. He immediately started bowing to the person while apologizing many times, not realizing who he bumped into.

“Chanyeol…?” murmured the stranger in front of him. Chanyeol stopped bowing and immediately froze when he heard the voice. His breathe got knocked out of him as he looked up, only to find that it was him. Baekhyun…

“B-Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol stood there with a gaping mouth opening and closing like a fish deprived of its water supply. The much shorter male smiled amusedly at him.

“So we finally meet in person, Chanyeol, although unexpectedly,” then he looked up and down at Chanyeol, “And to be honest I wasn’t expecting you to be this tall…” Baekhyun blushed and slightly pouted, and Chanyeol could feel his insides turn to mush at that action, all the while struggling to respond back to him. Clearly amused at the taller boy’s lack of response, Baekhyun grinned at him.

“Are you here with your friends too? I came with the friend that I’m living with, the one I told you about.”

Managing to somewhat regain his composure; Chanyeol looked at the direction Baekhyun was looking at. His friend had cute owl-like eyes and was actually pretty adorable himself, though not as adorable as Baekhyun, Chanyeol thought. However he noticed that the said friend was looking at something, no, rather at someone… someone at his group of friends, that someone being-oh my god he’s looking at Jongin. Weird…

Unfortunately for Baekhyun’s friend, Jongin was too busy watching Chanyeol and Baekhyun with amusement in his eyes to notice him; to notice the boy was looking at him with longing etched onto his face.

Chanyeol turned to speak to Baekhyun but once again, his words got stuck in his throat as Baekhyun was staring at him with a look he couldn’t decipher. Gathering up his courage he finally spoke, “A-Are you free some time t-this week?” he mentally cursed at himself for his stuttering problems.

Baekhyun gave him a warm smile and said, “I’m free this Friday. Perhaps we should meet here again…?” he trailed off hoping that Chanyeol would catch onto what he was implying.

“S-Sure! Here is fine after school, o-on Friday.” Chanyeol couldn’t stop his twitchy-eyed grin from forming on his face, and hoped that Baekhyun wouldn’t be creeped out by it. Baekhyun had to bite his lower lip and turn his face away from the taller boy to hide the blush taking over his face.

“P-Perfect, I mean good, that’s good,” he smiled and looked over to Chanyeol’s friends, who were watching the two anxiously and not-so-discreetly.

“Well, as nice as it was meeting you, we can’t keep our friends waiting for us,” he noticed the small look of disappointment and quickly added, “but I’m free later tonight online, that is if you’re not too busy, I would like it if we can continue from where we left off.”

homework, Chanyeol thought as he looked down at the hopeful expression on the shorter boy’s face. He can pull off the occasional all-nighter if he has to. He then smiled confidently at Baekhyun.

“I would like that a lot, hyung…” the both of them blushing at the last part, and Chanyeol turned to leave before being stopped by Baekhyun’s voice.

“Goodbye Chanyeol, I’ll see you on Friday,” Baekhyun gave him one last smile before walking away. Chanyeol almost missed the feathery light touch of skin when the older boy purposely brushed his fingers against his.

Chanyeol could only look back the shorter boy’s retreating figure when he felt something hit the back of his head. He turned around and glanced down to see a crumpled paper napkin with pen-writing on it. Chanyeol unraveled the napkin only to see the following, Hey lover-boy, stop flirting and get me my bubble tea~! J, written on it. He looked up at Jongin from a distance and smirked while walking over to a garbage can, watching Jongin’s smug look fall off his face. He threw the napkin into the garbage can and walked right out of the café feeling accomplished.



“Yah! Where's my bubble tea you head!”

 



So there you have it, the next chapter for L.O.V.E and I hope you like it~ I started planning for my next fic and it's most likely going to be about Sulay and Hunhan but I'm still working on the plot for it so yeah. :) Also made plans to write a supernatural fic featuring Taoris, Xiuchen and Sulay as well. I might be releasing more info about the other fics sometime in the week but we'll see~
Comment and subscribe!

*The picture belongs to Rainy Day*