Chapter 1

Alluring Secret: Black Vow

 

Chapter 1

 

“You ready, Minseok?”

“I’m ready, are you ready?”

“I’ll be back after a minute!”

The boy nods and went back to the room across Minseok’s, as he observed each and every strand of his hair to be in place. Minseok chuckled; It’s one of those rare occasions for his brother to even fix himself, going minute after minute to his room, checking if his tie’s a little bit loose, a strand of hair standing up or if his belt matched the tuxedo he was wearing. He was ecstatic, in about an hour, one of the newly opened museum near their place will be displaying his artworks, they’ll be exhibiting his works. He couldn’t blame him for being the ecstatic perfectionist; it was a rare and enjoyable sight to see. He, as well, headed back to his room, checking himself at the mirror that was hanged a meter or so in the left side of the wall. He looked quite bland with his black tuxedo, his bow tie and his flat light brown hair. He preferred his own clothes: A beanie, a Kravitz hoodie and plain white jeans, but of course, it's his brother's event, a tacky tuxedo won't hurt once in a while. He went to his brother's room and opened the door.

“Nervous, cactus hair? Don’t be, your cute brother is here.” Minseok chuckled as he sat on his bed.

“It was in style back then, you know. I even had to put lots of gels just to make it stand. Plus, you had a bowl hairstyle? Remember?”

“It was in style and still is, don’t you think—“

“It looks horrible on you though.”

 Minseok can only shrug, admitting defeat at the comment his brother gave, he could never disagree with his brother on that topic, his bowl cut hair was quite horrible for him and it only made his face go rounder. The latter looked at him with a grin, knowing he won this round and sat beside Minseok. Minseok looked at him with concern as he cupped the other boy’s face.

“Are you going to be okay?” His eyes were full of concern to the other boy.

“Why wouldn’t I be? My works are going to be displayed. The real question is, are you going to be okay?”

Minseok bit his lower lip and hesitated a bit but nods anyway, he has to be okay even if he’s not, he wouldn’t want to ruin his brother’s perfect day. He was never a fan of crowds; he doesn’t need anyone except his brother, he was okay with his company, that’s all he needs. But he has to face a large number of strangers at the museum. The thought of it made him sick but he has to be there for his brother. It’s hard, but he’ll try to keep up with the people and greet them warmly without giving them any physical contacts as much as possible. He sighed and patted his brother’s back and stood up for a minute, admiring one of his brother’s works that was hanging in front of the wall. His works are really admirable and breathtaking; each and every one of it has some story to tell. His brother held his hand tightly as the two went down the stairs and went outside, locking their main door. And as soon as they did, they heard a car honked signaling them to get in and they did.


Luhan went down, flapping his wings ever so gracefully until he reached the darkness that angels wouldn't normally go, as he went deeper into the darkness he heard screams, people screeching in pain, and he thought, he's almost there. He flapped his wings yet again and reached his destination. Everything was in bright dark red from the fire to the people's blood whose screams were never ending. He lets his eyes observed the place, it was nothing like heaven, nothing like people can ever imagine and he felt bad for the people that was placed here but it's none of his business, he shrugged the thought of it and his face full of curiosity changed into a rigid one.

"And what business do you have here below, my precious angel?" With a playful tone, he whispered behind Luhan and smirked,  for the latter had been surprised but went on with his rigid expression. Luhan turned around to see the boy almost the same height as him, his left cheek has a small scar in a shape of a sun with dots around it, his eyes are as deep as the thick black linings on the outer and inner corners of his eyes. Luhan can't believe it, his face was angelic, too angelic, if not for the thick black linings in his eyes, he can be mistaken as an angel, the thought was insane for someone like him, a demon. His thoughts was interrupted when he smirked and spoke as if he was reading Luhan's mind.

"Did my pretty angelic face, scared you off? Or—" He started caressing the small scar on his left cheek. "did my beautiful scar left you in such an awe expression that you can't even answer my question, little angel?" The tone on his voice was still playful and his smile was sickly sweet. Luhan tried to maintain his rigid composure and retorted  "Your face is no angelic nor did the pathetic scar of yours left me in such an awe expression. I am here not to play but to carry out a task for my being."

"Demon's face might and might not be angelic but one thing is for sure, you will be awed. It's not your fault angel, it's simply nature." His face was mysterious in a beautiful way, his lips were curved into a smirked and his eyes were a bit droopy and there were dark circles underneath, nonetheless, tantalizing, like it could eat anyone's soul if they stare at it. He sighed as he looked at the other demon with a frown expression. "Baekhyun, did I not tell you, not to scare any guests? It's even rare for us to have one." He rubbed his temples in frustration, Baekhyun only shrugged and smirked, he faced Luhan with a smile, it wasn't a sickly sweet smile, it was not even a smirk, it was a smile, a plain smile. He offered him a sit but Luhan rejected it, he doesn't want to touch anything the other boy nodded.

"So, what brings an angel here? Are you a messenger? Is there going to be a battle?"

"There's no battle, demon. I am here for the sake of my being. I need you to make me a human. I've heard that you can."

"Demon won't be necessary, call me Tao. Human you say? And how does this benefit me?" The demon, who named himself as Tao smirked, Luhan can only shrug, he didn't really think this through but there was no time for regret as he thought of something that will benefit this demon.

"Let's take a bet. I will give you an hour or in human's time, a year. I will take one of your wings and keep it until your time runs out. When the hour is over, Baekhyun will give back your wing making you an angel again. But, if you desire to stay as a human again after that, we will never give you your wing back. It is ours to keep. I hope you agre— Ah, you have to. This is the only way for you to become a human. Before you could even blame us, I have a little warning: We, both angels and demons has very little emotions but unlike us, humans has every emotions from anger to love. That is all. Now, should I start?"

Luhan can only nod as Tao and Baekhyun smirked in reply. Of course, Luhan thinks they were foolish for even making a bet like that, why would he even stay at earth after the hour is over? He might not find the answer for what he's looking for but extending a minute or an hour to stay a human again is out of the question, he knows better than that. It was an easy win for him, he will go back in heaven after the hour is over just like Sehun said, just like what he planned to do.

 


Author's Note:

Hi, wow, uhm, 13 subscribers, and someone voted it, I don't know what it does but thank you, haha!  I mean, I started to write this for fun, and my need for xiuhan, lol. But I never actually thought someone would read it, so thank you! I'm sorry if there are some grammatical errors or my writing style is not that good. Tbqh the last story/fic i've written was way back in 2010. And my skills are.. well, rusting, if that's the right word to describe it. Again, thank you! ♥

A/N#2: 

Re-published it again 'cause i'm too lazy to re-write, i'll just publish another chapter for baozi's past. ♥ And I feel like sharing with you all, this beautiful instrumental song that i'm listening to whilst typing this.