Chapter 9

A Whole New World

                 After Soonkyu finds out that she wasn’t the real daughter of the Ice Goddess, she goes to search for her birth mother. As far as she knows, the woman disappeared after the war years ago. She didn’t even know know how she looks like and her whereabouts is. But, Soonkyu always have that feeling that her parents aren’t her parents. She has that instinct that there’s still a part of her that she didn’t know. An unknown history behind her life all these years.

                                                                                       

“Who am I?” She whispers to herself and begin to cry silently with her head hung low.

 

She clenches her fist tightly then throws random punches on the wall until her hand bleed. Rain suddenly falls, causing her clothes to wet. Tears couldn’t stop flowing. Everyone rush to find shelter. They just bump on her until she falls. She lay on the ground lifelessly. Not even, bother to get up. Her heart is full of pain. Why does she have to go through this now? “Who am I?” She says before she passes out. A girl with long black hair gets closer to her with an umbrella in her hands.

 

“Isn’t she the princess? Why is she here? Omo, she’s injured. I should bring her home.” She then uses her power to lift Soonkyu back to her house at the Bright Side.

 

***

 

                Tiffany is lying on her queen size bed while staring at the bedroom ceiling. She couldn’t stop thinking about a certain blonde in her mind. “She got hurt because of me.” She feels guilty. Not only has she forced her to buy her clothes, she even beaten up by Taeng and the others without reasons. Soonkyu was innocent. She didn’t do anything wrong. Tiffany didn’t have the chance to apologize her. She wishes she could see that blonde again someday.

 

                But, one thing that seems to bother her is that Soonkyu is not a bad person although she’s from the Dark Side. People always tell her about how evil their enemies are and things they do towards them during wars. When she met Soonkyu, she seems nice and a kind person. She’s starting to doubt the things her family told her.

 

                Suddenly, someone walks into her bedroom. She jerks up from her bed to see the person’s face. It was none other than her best friend, Seohyun. She walks towards her and hug the taller girl. “Yah, where have you been? I’ve been looking for you. How did you get here?”

 

Seohyun smiles. “I sneak in as always. I was busy today. I went to do my research.”

 

“What? Seohyun, did you go to the Dark Side again? Ugh, how many times did I tell you its dangerous there!”

 

“I know, Unnie. But, I just couldn’t help myself.”

 

“Juhyun, what if they found out about you? You wouldn’t be able to use your power to protect yourself.”

 

“*Sighs* Unnie, I didn’t come to hear you nagging.” Seohyun says earning a slap on the arm.

 

“I’m not nagging, okay? I’m just worried about you.” Tiffany pouts while crossing her arms.

 

“Fine, fine, you’re not nagging. I just want to tell you something. But first, you have to promise me not to tell anyone especially your family.”

 

“Alright, what it is?”

 

“I…mm, brought a person from the Dark Side home.”

 

“WHAT?” Tiffany glares at the younger girl. “Why the hell did you do that?” Flames start to appear on her hands.

 

“She was injured! No one seems too cared about her which is WEIRD.”

 

“Why? You know they have no sympathy.”

 

“Yes, I understand if the person is just a normal citizen. But, this is the princess we’re talking about here.” Tiffany’s eyes widen when she hears the word PRINCESS. That means the girl is here on the Bright Side.

 

“That blonde girl? She’s here?”

 

“Unnie? You know her?” They both stare at each other.

 

***

SOONKYU’S POV

 

                I slowly open my eyes. I couldn’t see things clearly, since my sight is blurry. All I know is that my whole body aches right now especially my fists. I try to remember what happen to me earlier. Oh yes, I was punching the wall so hard until my hands injured. I passed out after that. Now, where…am I? I look around the room. Then, I turn to see my clothes. It was changed. Don’t tell me I was . Someone must have brought me here when I was unconscious. I had better go before something bad happen. I stand up from the bed and try to walk but unfortunately, my legs are too weak that I fall. I feel weak.  I try to use my power. What the? Why can’t I use it? I try many times yet it still didn’t work.

 

Then, I heard people outside the bedroom. Oh , they’re already here before I could escape. It sounded like a girl’s voice. Well, at least I know I didn’t get . I have to do something to get away. While I was thinking a plan, it was too late. The door opens and someone steps in. I force myself to look up to see the person’s face.

 

“You?” I point my finger at her.

 

“Hey?” She awkwardly waves her hand at me. What the hell is happening here?

 

***

Hello, this is the co-author Reowesome speaking. For now on, I will help my friend here to write this story. Please tell me if there's any mistakes. Anyway, here's an update but just a short one though. Hope you guys like it. Please drop a comment. It would help us both improve more. Don't forget to sub and maybe upvote x3 That's all for now. *bows* Have a nice day