Chapter 06

Melody of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He said it was a date. Though we’ve been in so many dates, I want this to be different. I will make sure this will be the last day that he will treat me like a kid. Today, I’ll be telling him how I feel once and for all.

 

I tried to put on some make-up, which I rarely do.  After I was done, my usually straight, unstyled  hair was swept up into a ponytail with a few curling wisp framing my face. And I finished my makeup with a light pink lip gloss that complemented my overall look.

 

I wore a tight, buttoned, white top with a big black bow tie and paired it with a laced, A-line, black skirt stopping just above my knee.  I purposely chose black and white colors of my clothes to have a more mature feel but don’t want to go over board that he would notice that I change the way I dress. So I chose a hot pink pouch matching the color of my wedge sandals.

 

I went to the living room where Seunghyun is. “Oppa let’s go!” I said with so much eagerness.

 

“What’s wrong? Does it look weird on me?” I asked when he didn’t say anything after a while. He was just looking at me. Being conscious of being stared at, I dropped my gaze to the floor.

 

Still he wasn’t saying anything. “Ok. You don’t have to tell me. I’ll just come back and change.” I said as I turned around.

 

“Kal…” he called and I turned back to face him. “You look beautiful” he continued. He smiled and the intense look in his eyes that is usually there turned soft and I can’t help the goofy love-struck smile forming on my face.

 

“Come on, let’s get going. I don’t want to waste the day in here when you look that beautiful.” His voice was serious as he said these and pulled me out of the house.

 

We are in the cab and I am still blushing because of what he said. Not to mention that he is still not letting go of my hand since he pulled me out of the house.

 

I was deep in my thoughts feeling both nervous and excited at the same time that I did not notice that we are already at the playground. As we got off the cab I ran to the swing like a kid forgetting for a second that I should act more like how a mature lady would act.

 

I sat at the swing and waved at him. “Push me oppa!” He walked towards me smiling with the smile that I love so much that my heart started pounding my chest. He was so hot that with just his grey dress shirt and skinny jeans and his manly strides made this small playground look like a runway.

 

Still smiling, he pushed me until I was so high up I feel like I was flying. He stopped and stood at the swing beside mine and played as well. We were laughing and having so much fun. As our swings slowed our laugh lessened until we both were silent.

 

“I really miss being around you Kal” the seriousness of his voice made me looked up at him. He was still standing on the swing. His eyes were already staring right at me, making me blush instantly.

 

“Yeah...me too...but it doesn’t matter now. We’ll always be seeing each other since we’ll be going to the same school from now on.”  I was looking everywhere but him, avoiding his gaze. ‘It’s too sudden to tell him now. Besides we just started our date, no need to rush.’ I said to myself.

 

He jumped down the swing and I looked at him. He’s smiling now. “Come on. You haven’t eaten anything since you woke up.”

 

We walk to a coffee shop nearby. Seunghyun oppa ordered while I waited at the table. I was staring at his back thinking. I don’t know how long it has been that I started liking him. All I know is that every day the feelings I have for him is growing. And today I will put an end to this one-sided love I have for him. I’m just hoping that however it would end, I won’t lose him in my life.

 

I’m still looking at him while he walked towards me. He an eyebrow and sat down in front of me “Is something wrong? Got something you want to eat?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter