Chapter 04

Melody of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I jumped at his voice, "O-oppa..." I stuttered. "What are you doing here? I thought you were busy." His eyes were on me then at Jiyong then back at me. He walked towards us, my eyes never leaving his. In those few seconds I was in complete trance. All the feelings during those days, weeks, months that I haven't seen him came rushing to me.

 

I miss him so much. The urge to run to his arms and nuzzle into his chest and breathe his scent is too overwhelming. I miss holding on to his arm, pinching his cheek and riding on his back when I'm too tired to walk...like I am now, or simply just be with him.

 

I took in all of him. His tall stature that always make me feel small and vulnerable yet so protected. His broad shoulders that make him look so manly. His hair was a messy brown. Sharp and distinct features of his face. His eyes that never lose their piercing gaze. And his lips that were now in a grim line.

 

He stopped between Jiyong and me but his eyes were still on me, like Jiyong was not even there. Then he pulled me towards my house.

 

"K!" Jiyong shouted behind us. Seunghyun oppa stopped and turn around to face Jiyong, hiding me behind him. His hold on my wrist tightened, "Thank you for bringing her home." He said. He didn't even wait for Jiyong to answer and walked away still dragging me behind him.

 

He let my hand go as we entered the door. I locked it and the moment the lock clicked I turned around and he was just inches away from me. Because of the height difference, he was looking down and I was looking up at him. His face still not showing any emotion. 'Is he mad?' I asked myself.

 

My heart started beating faster. I have so many things to tell him but I don't know where to start, I really miss him. The silence stretched between us and still not a single word from him. We were just staring at each other. Silence between us is usually comfortable that we need no words to fill the space. But this time it's different, maybe because we haven't seen each other for so long. I haven’t been away from him this long ever.

 

I felt the need to explain, "How long were you waiting outside? You know where I hide the spare key, why didn't you get in?" still nothing, so I continued, "You see...my phone died when you called...then he...and he...offered to give me a ride home that's why..." my voice was just enough for him to hear.

 

"When I called you and you didn’t answer I called Mika. You said you'll be with your friends so I thought you're with her but she said you haven't called her." his voice was deep yet flat. There wasn’t any hint of emotion in his voice. My heart started beating faster than it already has then I felt a pang of guilt hit me 'What am I guilty about?'

 

I bit my lower lip and look down. "I can't contact Mia..." I explained as I played with my fingers. "Besides it's your fault...we were supposed to celebrate together." It was barely a whisper. I stopped, hoping he didn't hear me. I don't want him thinking that I was too disappointed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter