Chapter 03

Melody of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was in complete shock. His hand on mine is more than I could handle, making me tingle at his touch. I can't find my voice as my heartbeat was all I could hear, it was deafening. I pulled my hand away but he held it tighter.

 

"We're supposed to be a couple, right? You should at least act your part K." he said as he winked at me. 'What's with this guy!' I kicked him and he lets go of my hand, flinching at my assault. I retreated my hand, I was beyond flushed but I don't want him to know so I just smirked at him.

 

Again, I was looking down but was occasionally stealing glances at him between my lashes. He was staring outside the window, so I guess he doesn't notice me. My memory of him this afternoon didn't give him justice. He was like a painting, too perfect to be real. I was drinking every detail of him. The small crease between his eyebrows. His long lashes. His soft blonde hair. The cute little mole on his cheek. His bottom lip which he was nibbling. Then his eyes, those hazel brown eyes that stared right down to my core. I felt vulnerable.

 

"K you'll bore a hole on my face." I jumped at his voice and turned beet red. I didn't realize that I was no longer stealing glances but was openly staring at him. I turned away trying to hide my too obvious blush.

 

"Yah! Are you going to keep ignoring me?" he let out a deep sigh as I still haven't said anything. "Wait, is it because you don't remember me?" I just looked at him timidly. "Really?...This morning in that crowd..." He leaned forward and I just nodded. I wanted to say something but no words seems to be right. And every time he looks at me with those eyes, it seems like my throat tightens.

 

The moment I felt that his eyes left me I said, "Why do you keep on calling me K? My name is Kalie. I mean, we just met a while ago didn't we? How could you forget? I guess you helped too many girls and got me confused with someone else. And also, I still don't know your name. It's not fair." The three last words were just a whisper.

 

He was surprised and he laughed. How his laugh sounded was like music to my ears I just can't get enough of it. "You found your voice at last." he smiled and I flushed again. "Jiyong. I'm Jiyong Kwon. And I didn’t have you confused with anyone as you were the only girl I helped a while ago. And I like calling you K. Why don’t you like it?" he said.

 

Our orders arrived and we started eating in silence. The atmosphere lightened and I feel more comfortable and though we're having a pretty normal conversation, I can’t help but blush from time to time. But then again there's just something about him that I can't put my finger on. I just shrug it off since it keeps bothering me.

 

"So, where's your boyfriend?" he said.

 

"Huh?! Boyfriend?"

 

"You were so excited talking to him when I told you that you passed, aren't you suppose to be with him celebrating?" he wasn’t looking at me and was busy playing with his fork with the leftover cake.

 

"He got something else to do. And he's not my boyfriend."

 

"Oh. So, you like him huh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter