The lullaby

Don't Forget Me

Yesung closes a window which rattles in a cold wind, looking at a cloudy sky. July is almost over and it seems nice weather is over too. A storm is probably coming. He just shrugs, it was too hot anyway. He draws the curtains, making a turn. A smile appears on his lips when his eyes find brown-haired boy sitting at the piano. It’s incredible how fast he learnt to play. It is as he would be born for it. But the most fascinating thing is his tender smile. It has been five days since he smiled at first. Five days without a fear. Five days with cheery sparkles in Wookie’s eyes. He can’t resist a desire to smile too. When Wookie came, his whole life has changed. Now he has the feeling that somebody needs him again. Now he has somebody to live for again. This boy has disturbed his stereotype. There aren’t just work and sleep anymore. There is something more. Something he hasn’t feel since his family passed away...

Ryeowook can feel his stare. He stops to play, looking at him. However, Yesung doesn’t seem to notice it. His eyes look at Wookie but they are empty. Ryeowook shivers. He doesn’t like this kind of stare. It scares him.

“Ye...Yesung?” he calls his name – the first time he does it.

Yesung blinks in surprise, shaking his head. That empty look fades away. Instead there is the tenderness again in his eyes which Wookie knows very well now.

“I am sorry, I just had a think about something,” he smiles apologetically, drawing near to the boy. Ryeowook knows what is going to happen now so the hand in his hair doesn’t surprise him, although his heart starts running a bit faster. That uncertainty is still here. Maybe it’s weaker but it hasn’t gone away for good.

His stomach rumbles. He crouches a bit – it makes Yesung laugh.

“What about dinner?” Yesung asks and he heads to the kitchen without waiting for an answer. “Come on,” he spurs Wookie who smiles and stands up.

Yesung prepares toasts with peanut butter and two cups of hot cocoa. Although he is adult, he can’t resist this sweet goody. He gives plates to Wookie, taking the cups and they heads back to the living room. They both sit on a sofa and Yesung covers them with a soft blanket.

“There’s nothing better than evening cup of cocoa,” he smiles to Wookie, changing the plate for one of cups. Wookie immediately takes a bite of toast, washing down it with sweet liquid. He closes his eyes contentedly.

“Mhmm...” he purrs. He would drink this delicacy all the time. Yesung, who eats too, looks at him, bursting into laughter when he notices chocolate whiskers above Wookie’s lips. The boy gives him a puzzled look. Yesung just shakes his head, reaching out for Ryeowook’s face. He wipes away the rest of cocoa and it from his thumb. Wookie stares at him for a while. Then he chuckles, raising his hand and doing the same as Yesung. Yesung gazes at Wookie his finger.

The boy notices his surprised look. Familiar fear bites his chest. Has he done something wrong? At that moment Yesung starts laughing.

“It seems you’re not only soiled one here.”

Wookie has to laugh too. Yesung falls silent instantly, giving to Wookie an enchanted look. His laughter is beautiful as ringing of little bells – nice and soft. Ryeowook realizes older man stops to laugh and he falls quiet too. He can see a strange shine in Yesung’s eyes. He just want to asks what happened when Yesung disturbs him.

“I like you, Wookie.”

+++

A noisy bang wakes him up. He jerks, opening his sleepy eyes. It takes a while before he begins to hear sounds around him. Loud drumming on a window ledge reassures him that furious storm rages on the other side of glass. The room is illuminated by another flash for a few seconds, and then a thunder sounds again. He looks at a dark wall which stays lightless until some of flashes reveal its yellow color. Sunny color. He has to smile. He called yellow color like this when he was a child and it remained in him.

Suddenly he feels a strange bitter feeling. As... He can’t describe it.

“Wookie,” he sighs. He has a need to check the boy up. Something calls him to his room. Maybe it’s just a sinister mood of storm. He gets up, coming to the door which separates his room from Wookie’s one. He opens it quietly, trying to see a silhouette on the bed but without success. Only when flash illuminates a room, he can see Wookie crouching against the wall and uncontrollably trembling.

Ryeowook squeals in fear, pressing palms to his ears. He sways, crooning a quiet melody which he has always had in his mind since he was a child.

“Ryeowookie!” he can hear Yesung’s voice but he doesn’t open his eyes. Tears are streaming his face. He is afraid. So much. Storms. He hates them. So much. Too noisy. Too dazzling. The sky is falling down. Raindrops drum heavily on the window ledge as daemons try to break in. Another thunder louder then one before cuts the silence. He cries out again, lost in his fear and silent melody.

Yesung freezes, looking at the frightened boy. He grasps immediately Wookie is afraid of a storm. No. He is not afraid. He is totally terrified. He hears his sobs and melody leaving boy’s lips... He knows this song. It’s a lullaby. He knows it very well and it brings painful memories to him. He shakes his head. There is not time to think about past now.

His eyes burn, as new tears are filling them again and again.

“Please! Make it stop! Make it end!” he begs in his mind. That fear in his chest is too strong. Why doesn’t it end?!

He whimpers; his fingers find way to his hair, cutting skin. At that moment he can feel somebody’s arms grabbing him. They press on his shoulders and suddenly he is captured in warm embrace. He yells, trying to escape. He came back! He came for him! His heart skip a beat, his voice stuck in his throat.

“Wookie... Wookie... Shh, it’s me, it’s just me. Nobody’s gonna hurt you! I’m here with you. I’m here.”

Yesung grips the scared boy tightly in his arms, his back, whispering soothing words. Ryeowook is still shivering, convulsing. He can feel a fear which emanates from younger boy. He reminds a melody Wookie sang. That lullaby. He sang it so many times...

Wookie stops to move when he hears Yesung’s voice. Singing... So familiar... That melody from a dark corner in his mind... His runaway heart starts to calm down; his speeded breath slows down. He can feel Yesung’s hands circling his back... And he feels a fear again. But at the same moment he can feel strange safety. He doesn’t know which one from these two feelings is stronger. He is not sure if he should run away or stay. His voice is so soothing. It gets through his ears to his soul, calming down his trembling body...

“...I’m here with you,” he gives him a kiss to his soft hair.

Mighty blow rings out too close, as the flash would hit the house. Wookie squeals in horror, grabbing a hem of Yesung’s pajama, burying face in his chest. His fragile body shivers again... But it is not caused by Yesung’s touches.

White light appears again.

He’s afraid that Yesung will let him go, leaving him alone. This is the first time he longs for somebody’s embrace. The first time he prays not to be alone. But Yesung’s voice and arms assure him this is not going to happen.

Yesung sits, leaning against the wall, hugging Wookie who is pressing to him... And he notices strange feeling... Shivering near his heart he has never felt before. Some feeling controlling him... Desire. Desire to protect this vulnerable child from everything... Desire to hold him in his arms and never let him ho.

 

A/N: Okay, another chapter. And another question, please. As you know, I am not a native speaker so this translating is quite difficult for me... So please, help me. When your are hungry and your stomach makes strange noises - how can I write it? "His stomach rumbles." Is it right or wrong?

I am also sorry for updating late. I will try translate faster ^.^ Thanks for all comment you have written.

And forgive me my mistakes, please, I translated it half-asleep.