Beach house

Don't Forget Me

“Would you like to go there?”

Wookie just nods enthusiastically. It makes older man laugh and feel happy at the same time. He congratulates himself on getting this idea. Actually... He wonders why he didn’t get it earlier. He probably forgot this place because he wasn’t there for so long time... Yeah, this is the reason. Until he took the album, he didn’t even remember the house is still standing there. It wasn’t caused by his fear of painful memories of his family. Of course not... He sighs. He hasn’t been there since that tragic accident. It’s time to set it right...

“All right. I just have to arrange a few days off and then we can go,” Yesung smiles nicely. The enthusiasm in Wookie’s eyes delights him. He is already planning where they could go and what they could do. Although autumn is near, some days are still warm enough to go to the beach. After that they could go to rocks and then to marine world... Is it still there? He is sure it is, it was beautiful. He is looking forward to going there with Wookie. He will surely love it. He smiles to the boy, who smiles back. Then he returns to his notebook. He will rather check it – he really doesn’t want to promise Wookie something he can’t keep. But after a few clicks he just smiles. Everything will be as he imagined.

+++

“Ah,” Wookie breathes out, staring at the crystal clear sea. He has seen the ocean just in the television but real sea is much more beautiful. It’s just incredible. Almost still surface glitters with thousands of sparkling rays and the air smells of special scent. He does not know what the smell is but he likes it. It is...different. Even the sky is a bit bluer. The sun warms up sand under their feet; they both took their shoes off before they made their first step to the beach.

“Do you like it?” Yesung asks unnecessarily, the astonishment in boy’s eyes and the smile on his lips are clear response. He looks around as well. He was not here for so long time. So long... It is still quite far away but he can already see the beach house where he used to spend every summer. The closer they go, the clearer memories are. It hurts but it is not as bad as he expected. Maybe it is caused by the time. It is said that it cures all wounds. But it cannot erase his memories. And now they are coming back. Step by step, slowly. He remembers every summer he spent here... He sees everything, he hears laughter and screaming of little boy who loved playing in the see so much; he hears the strict voice of his mother and his own voice trying to defend his little brother... It is hard to remain in the presence. Nothing has changed here. The beach is so long that he cannot see the end; green trees are almost motionless, just soft wind their leaves. But still, something is different. Now they are not here. He is alone...

Wookie’s yelling wakes him up. He freezes when his eyes do not find tiny body in front of him. Where has he disappeared?!

“Wookie!” he shouts. Where is he? Then he hears it again.

“It’s cold!”

Yesung turns to the voice and he breathes a sigh of relief when he finally finds Wookie escaping from cold tongues of waves.

“Don’t scare me, Wookie...” he whispers to himself, calming down his frantically beating heart and following younger boy with gentle smile.

No, he is not alone. He is with him. With his little Wookie. He means so much to him. So much as they did. He is important to him in the same way. His smile widens. He likes the boy so much... He likes him more than he even realize. And he would never admit it.

“Of course it’s cold. The weather isn’t very good today. Come on, you doesn’t want to catch a chill the first day, do you? You will enjoy water tomorrow.” He holds out his hand, waiting for Wookie’s own one. He presses his tiny fingers. He will rather hold him – he doesn’t want to get a fright again. He looks at his watches, checking the time. It’s just half past twelve, they have left Seoul early in the morning. Despite trying hard he couldn’t get more than five days off. He wanted at least a week. But...five days are also enough. He is grateful for every minute.

Wooden stairs creak under their feet and then they finally come to a homely terrace. He smiles. Everything is as it used to be including the creaky stairs. He laughs when he finds a key under an old flowerpot. Yeah, everything is the same.

He opens a door slowly and quietly. Wookie standing behind him tries to find anything in the dark slot with his curious eyes.

“Let’s go,” Yesung invites him and he makes first step as well, opening the door. A lobby is illuminated by the sun due to huge window which is covered with snow-white curtains. He puts his bag on a wooden dresser, heading to the hallway which divides the house into several parts. There are a living room and another terrace with breathtaking view on the right and on the left there are a kitchen, bathroom and stairs. He smiles again when he remembers his room upstairs.

Wookie looks around, exploring everything he sees. His eyes stop in a corner of the room where they discover glossy piano. He comes to it immediately, looking at Yesung with shiny eyes. He didn’t even expect he could play here as well.

Yesung follows him, he awaited this reaction. He the smooth surface of the piano, remembering all evenings he was sitting here, playing various compositions with his father who loved music as much as him. His mum with Jinyoung always sat next to the piano, listening.

“I like this place,” Wookie whispers, he doesn’t want to disturb the atmosphere. Yesung smiles, piano again. He wonders how clean it is. No dust. He expected layers of dirt everywhere after those years. But it’s clean. He looks around. Windows, curtains, shelves... In fact, everything is clean. And whole house is ventilated, no stale air.

He frowns. How is it possible? Was somebody here? Or... Is somebody here? He feels Wookie’s hand grabbing his own one. The boy notices the change in Yesung’s expression and he doesn’t understand it. Has something happened? What is wrong? Yesung turns to Wookie, noting his confused look. He creates his soft smile,making Wookie’s heart melt again. At the moment a sharp bang sounds behind them as somebody drops something with a loud gasp.  

 “Yesung...?”                                                                     

 

 

A/N: Hi, friends, hahaha I am sorry for letting you wait but I was too busy... (Studying too much...reading too much ...listening too much k-pop...watching too many MVs...and reading again...) I hope you understand =D