Why?!

Don't Forget Me

He can feel tears streaming down his face. What is going on? Why is this happening? What has he done so wrong to suffer like this all the time? At the moment he woke up, his mind filled with memories. When did it happen? Yesterday? He does not know how long he slept. He does not even remember how he got to bed. There are too many different pictures in front of his eyes – face of that man, hateful and cruel. He can see Yesung’s tender smile, he recalls his embrace and words. They were in the living room together, talking. And then... What happened after that? His memories are foggy, he cannot focus on them. However, he is still trying. And suddenly the emotional bomb explodes in his heart. He can see everything clearly, every Yesung’s movement, the kiss and all those memories which appeared when he touched his lips. And the pain and fear which followed. He still feels Yesung’s arms pressing his body which he tried to escape from...and then everything started to lose in the mist. He remembers the pain, so unbearable and burning. He probably fainted.

I love you, Wookie.

The words attack his mind so unexpectedly that he squeals subconsciously. What was it? A memory? He does not remember it. However, he is sure the voice belonged to Yesung. No, it is impossible. Sungie would not say something like this. He cannot love him. How could he? But the voice... Was it just some fancy? Or... Has it really happened? His body is shaking in sobs and his lips shivers. He hugs his little teddy bear, pressing it to his chest, looking at the door. He is wishing so much to see it opening. But it does not move at all. It has not moved for many long hours. Where is Yesung? Why does not he come to him? He was always here when he needed him. Always. So why not now? And...why does he act so cold? He presses his teddy bear a bit tighter when he remembers the morning. When he woke up, Yesung was there, watching him. But something was different. He was different. The gentleness which had been in his eyes all the times was suddenly gone. There was rage instead. Ryeowook shivers when he recalls that look. It scared him and it still scares him. He does not want Yesung to look at him like that. Why is he mad? Has he done something wrong? What happened? Is it fault of the man they met? Does Yesung hate him now? Why...? Yesung knew what happened to him, did not he? And he did not mind it before... So why now?

The door opens and Yesung comes in with a tray of food. Wookie looks at him with a hope in his eyes. It is a hope Yesung would look back with the same tenderness as ever. He hopes it was just a dream...just terrible nightmare and Yesung has never been here this morning. No cold eyes watching him. His ones are gentle and caring. However, when he sees Yesung’s look, other tears find their way out of his eyes. There is the same anger in his look. Ryeowook sobs quietly, hiding his face in the fur of his teddy bear. Why?

Yesung’s heart aches when he sees Wookie crying. He wants to run to him and hide him in his embrace, but when Wookie hides himself in his teddy bear, sobbing quietly, he changes his mind immediately. He fights back tears, putting the tray on the bedside table. He almost does not control himself, yearning so much for touching his soft brown hair. But he cannot do that. It just is not possible. Wookie is scared of him. He bites his lip, clenching his fists. He will never forgive himself. Why did it end up like this? Everything was perfect and then...that man came and...everything went wrong. No, this is not the man's fault. If he had not kissed Wookie... If he had not done such a thing, everything would have been alright. Wookie would not have been scared of him and he would have been able to be with him now. He would have his back, hugged him and kissed his hair...

He cannot stand looking at his shivering body. He has to escape. Now.

“I’m so sorry, Wookie,” his whispers so quietly that the sobbing boy cannot hear him and he leaves the room.

Ryeowook can hear a sound of closing door and he finally makes himself look up. Yesung is not there anymore. Why has not he even him? Why has not he said something? Why does he hate him?! He said he likes him. He said he would be by his side forever... How could he even think Yesung would love him when he acts like this? Now he is sure it was just a dream. Yesung did not say it. It was just a fancy. But...why does it hurt so much?

“Sungie...”

+++

He hits the wall with his fists, tears of despair streams down his face. How can he go on when he knows Wookie is afraid of him? How can he live with him in the same house when he cannot even come closer to him?! He freezes. No, he cannot think this way. Wookie... He will not give up on him. He needs him. It does not matter how much pain it will cause him. He needs him. It does not matter he cannot touch him anymore. Just the idea of being without him is enough.

 “Hell!” he curses quietly, taking a deep breath. He has to start to act like adult person. Rage and tears will not help him to solve it. Now he has to pay attention to his new case. It is clear the man will not go unpunished. However, he wants to assure himself. He wants to be there when the judge pronounces a verdict. He wants a maximum penalty for him. That is the punishment the man deserves. He hurt the children so much. He hurt his fragile Wookie so much...

He looks at the stairs, longing for coming to him. He breathes deeply, heading to the living room. He sits down on the armchair, taking on his glasses and putting his laptop on his lap. He needs to read through all evidences Siwon sent him. He would like to have paper form of them but he would have to go to the courthouse. No way. He will not leave Wookie alone.

+++

He howls furiously, collapsing into his armchair. This cannot be true!

“Yesung, calm down,” Siwon tries to soothe him but Yesung does not listen. He is raging. How has the man done it? How?!

“I’ll kill him. I’ll just kill him!” he screams louder than he planned and Siwon jerks. Of course, he understands why Yesung is so mad, but he should have expected it.

“Regarding his insanity it was quite clear they will ask for interruption of investigation and moving the prisoner to a mental hospital,” he states but he breaks off when he sees Yesung’s red face. Better to say nothing right now.

Yesung tries to breathe but he cannot. How?! It is clear the man bribed somebody. But how has he done it? When? He is in custody! Yesung just cannot accept it. The man is not insane, he is a common bastard!

“They can’t let him go. They just can’t!”

Siwon stands up, coming to the armchair, looking strictly at Yesung. He feels the same way, he knows they have to do something. And they will.

“We won’t allow that.”