Her

I Thought We Were a Happy Family

 

 

Kwon Jiyong never knew his post-idol life could be as dramatic as his idol one.

 

Fifteen years have passed since he released his last album as a singer and step down from the stage to work behind the scene. Life became much simpler when he decided to settle down with his long time best friend and he thought it could never be better when his flesh and blood appeared before his eyes. They were everything for him that he wouldn't blink an eye if he was asked to give his life to them.

 

But then, bad timing came and he never regretted more in his entire life than he did right now.

 

Jiyong blankly stared at the dark blue wall of his son's studio. His mind wandered to his time frames; past was a summer spotlight and present was as calm as falling autumn leaves. He didn't dare to imagine what future had in store as he feared it would be a stormy winter. The image people had on him was always a tough city guy with bulletproof mentality. Only few could see past the facade he wore, yet some layers were only for him to see; just like how the in-between of past and present still lingered on the tip of his healing heart.

 

He should never underestimate that small presence if a mere touch could crumble the wall he's been building all these years. He couldn't shake the feeling of his son's betrayed eyes nor the hurtful gaze his dear wife showed of the ones that usually held loyalty and trust to him. They penetrated through his soul as his aching heart began to scream at him to come home and beg for forgiveness.

 

But the taste of her tongue in him aroused the nostalgic feeling he wished to erase for the sake of his sanity. She was a drug and he can't help but to get drunk even after years of fighting it off.

 

His coffee was left untouched since she left it for him there. She was the bitter taste of caffeine he got addicted after the longest periode of consuming. She knew it, she used it, and he got trapped.

 

Would it be selfish if he wished to keep the feeling while at the same time live on his present?

 

It would.

 

He was screwed.

 

And he didn't have a clue on how to fix life.