The Bastard's Son

I Thought We Were a Happy Family

Bugh!

Harder.

 

Bugh!

Harder!

 

BUGH!

HARDER DAMMIT!

 

"Yah, what do you think you are doing to my poor punching bag, eh?

 

The said man didn't answer the obvious question. He stopped the action, but never once moved his eyes from the punching bag that became his victim of rage. His gaze was strong; so strong that it could penetrate the most solid wall ever build.  His breath was ragged, and then hitched when he felt cold water running from above his thick head.

 

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"

 

Now, it was his turn to not receiving any answer. The man in front of him only shrugged his shoulder. He then walked back to his former place and continued wiping his already shining car. Jiho attemped to do something the owner wouldn't like to the car before the said man's voice interupted his mind.

 

"Not everything has to be solved with violence, you know?"

 

Jiho snorted his nose. A twinkling of amusement appeared in his eyes before disappearing in a second.

 

"And not everything has to be solved with a bath of cold water."

 

Pyo moved his head to take a good look at his friend. His clothes was rumpled. A pair of black eyes adorned his pale face. He actually didn't bother to hide the scowl on his lips.

 

"You seem to need a cold bath. You are practically on fire, mate."

 

Jiho huffted a long sigh. He took a step towards an old but comfortable couch and lie his body there. His thought flew to yesterday night event. Suddenly, he felt a pool of heat in his chest. It slowly went to the the tip of his eyes. But the tears never came. He was too furious to let a single tear slipped from his eyes. He never felt this mad before. Anger. Sadness. He didn't know which one was overwhelming his mind at that moment.

 

"I don't know what's wrong with us."

 

Upon hearing Jiho's small voice, Pyo stopped his activity of wiping his car clean. He then took a seat accros his best friend without looking at him. Jiho didn't like it if someone's watching when he's about to pour his heart out.

 

"I mean we are just a normal family. Okay, not that normal because who doesn't know G-Dragon and CL? But still, we are really happy. Oh, my mistake. We were happy."

 

Pyo didn't respond to his friend's rant. He sat still; listening carefully to Jiho's voice, how his breath ragged everytime he couldn't contain his anger. He silently pray to whoever create this whole universe to keep Jiho sane.

 

"He's such a bastard."

 

"He's your father."

 

"Then, does it make me a bastard's son?"

 

Jiho smirked to himself. No, he didn't feel that same accomplisment whenever he smirked to the anouncement of a rap battle. He felt like throwing up. But, how can he when the one he wanted to throw was his father's face?

 

"Well, seeing that you left your mom alone, I said yes."

 

The thought of his mother's shocked face and cries entered his mind. He felt that heat in his chest again. This time, a small bead of tear threatened to fall off his brown eyes. But he can't. He has to remaind strong for his mother.

 

"I can't face her. I can't bear seeing her cries."

 

"But you still left her alone with your little brother."

 

Ah yeah, his brother. How can he forget about him? He must have been confused as hell right now. Imagining Junhong's bewildered face of noticing his father and brother absence, mom's gloomy face--and possibly crying, he felt bad for him. He failed him as a big brother. He truly is a bastard son.

 

"You know Ji, they need you there. With them. Not hiding."

 

"Are you kicking me out?"

 

Pyo just sighed to his friend's respon. Of all things he said, he only caught that one.

 

"You know you are always welcomed here."

 

Jiho bore a small smile. It's not more than a mere pull on the tip of his lips but it's enough to assure Pyo that his friend is still sane.

 

"Thank, mate. I don't know where I have to go if I don't have you."

 

Pyo lifted one of his eyebrows. Is Jiho kidding himself?

 

"You have that one music studio your father build for you."

 

Jiho let out a groan before replying, "I'm not setting my foot to that place ever again."

 

"Why? You love that studio."

 

"I LOVED that studio."

 

Pyo could see Jiho's eyes full with rage again. He didn't think it was a sensitive topic for today. More than that, he didn't know what was actually happened to his friend's family. Yesterday night, Jiho came to his place without saying anything. He just said "I leave my mom alone" and slept in his usual place. Pyo only knew Jiho's father is the reason of all this mess. Maybe touching the topic of his father might gave out a clue.

 

"Your father is a prodigy."

 

"He makes my mother cry."

 

"He's the one who revolutionize the whole Korean music industry."

 

"He ing makes my mother cry!"

 

"And he's also a fashionis--"

 

"HE'S A CHEATER!"

 

Ah, so that's why. Classic, but he knew better than to underestimate a cliche problem.

 

Before Pyo could say something, Jiho said something in a very heartbreaking sound that he could feel his hurt.

 

"And I could find all about them just by googling their damn names. It was long before I was even born. How do you think I should feel? How would my mom feel?"

 

Pyo couldn't answer Jiho's questions. Beside couldn't bear his friend's hurt and sorrowful eyes, they are too young for this kind of grown-ups' drama. He realized he needed a drink after this too-intimate-talk. Pyo walked to a cabinet full of expensive alcohol drinks. Despite being underage, he knew how to pick his drink. His own father is a perfect teacher to observe.

 

"I want that."

 

"Drink? Which one?"

 

Pyo didn't dare to believe his ears at first. Jiho doesn't drink this kind of thing without his parents there. He is such a rebel but he knew better than to wasted himself in a world where a single photo could damage his parent's career.

 

"Nope. The other one."

 

Holy . He was truly insane.

 

"Are you sure? Your father hates it to the core."

 

Jiho only laughed; a dry laugh without any hint of genuine happiness there.

 

"Just about the damn time to piss him off."