How Family Forgives

What If

 

 

“What if you stop being a jerk?” Kyuhyun glanced around trying to find where to find the voice that just startled him. He was kicked out from the bedroom and is now the occupant of the small sofa of their humbly smaller living room.

 

“Right here.” The voice called out.

 

Kyuhyun sat down and moved his head left to right trying to find the voice. He wiped his eyes with his knuckles and saw their hamster wave back at him.

 

“Heechul?”

 

“Who else?”

 

“Wh..why are you a hamster?”

 

“I am not a hamster I am an angel. How many times do I have to tell you that.”

 

“This is so fishy.”

 

“I am not a fish either.” Heechul jump and waved again. “Anyway, I only came here to give you a warning. When you accepted this great ‘What if,’ it involves being good to this family. You might not remember them but they know you all their lives and respect you as the man of this house.”

 

“This is just insane.” Kyuhyun combed his fingers to his hair. “I have no idea how to be a father, to be a husband or to be good. ”

 

“Maybe it’s about time you learn how to be one,” he nodded his head.  “and fast.”

 

Kyuhyun trying to weigh his words said something the angel couldn’t believe. “I am afraid I will fail them if I try. I am good at singing, yes, but relationships? With assistants, I tell them something and they do what I want. These are my family now and I have no idea how to handle them.”

 

“Family forgive and love one another no matter what.”

 

“You don’t know that. When your family gets disappointed with you they throw you out in the streets. See.” Kyuhyun tapped the sofa. “I am already on my way out.”

 

“Then let yourself in.” The angel replied. “You don’t have to worry about things you are not aware of. Do not be afraid of tomorrow. God is already in there.”

 

“Daddy?” Kyuhyun saw Kystal by the door holding her doll. “Are you talking to someone?”

 

“Not really.” He nudged her to come closer. “I was just talking to the hamster.”

“Thank you for buying me the hamster daddy. It’s the bestest thing ever.” She cutely replied.

 

Kyuhyun let her sit on his lap. “Aren’t you angry with me?”

 

“Why would I be angry with you?” Kystal stared at him, her eyes full of love. “You’re my daddy and I don’t like vegetables either.”

 

They both giggled at the thought.

 

“I’m not adopted am I?” she looks scared as she held her breath. Kyuhyun’s heart melted, he doesn’t like kids but the innocence on her face made him want to erase all the hurt he had caused.

 

“Of course you’re not adopted. You’re my little baby.”

 

Kystal hugged him tightly. Kyuhyun a little flustered not knowing how to react just awkwardly put his arms around her. Certain warmth filled his soul as if everything feels right with the world. Someone so tiny crushing against his chest, trusting and loving him. Kyuhyun knew inside his head that he doesn’t deserve it but felt good all the same. In this great “what if” this is one of those things he wanted to cherish and never forget. He might even rethink not having kids.

 

He tucked Kystal back to bed and on his way to the sofa he heard his boys talking in their room.

 

“Why is dad like that?” Chanyeol asked his older brother. “He doesn’t hate us does he?”

 

“Maybe he’s just having a hard time at school. I even got bullied myself and someone told me they did the same with daddy.” Suho shrugged. “Dad loves us. We just moved here and I think he’s pressured because of that.”

 

“I am having a hard time too.” Chanyeol whined.

 

“Everyone in the family does, I think.” Suho wrinkled his nose. “Especially daddy since it was never his idea to come here anyway.”

 

There was a small silence and Kyuhyun held his breath. He couldn’t believe what he is hearing. No matter how rude he was his kids are all very forgiving. Kyuhyun knew deep inside his chest he doesn’t deserve as much.

 

“Besides..” Suho continued. “Everyone knows how he hates vegetables and mom keep on insisting that he likes it. He’s supposed to crack at one time.”

 

Both the boys gave out a hearty laugh.

 

Kyuhyun walked back and flopped down the small sofa. He couldn’t comprehend what he is feeling. His kids even at their young age showed great character. There must be hope for him afterall knowing too well he had helped raised them. What kind of father is he? He rummaged through the albums and found a compilation of pictures for each of his children and slowly but surely he opened the first photo album saying.. ‘Suho.’

 

“It is time to discover what kind of father Kyuhyun is.” he said to himself.

 

 

 

 

__

 

Hi guys. I know I promised after easter but LIFE happened. And the rain didn’t help causing a disruption on our internet connection. Bear with me. I am trying to type this as fast as I can since all my performance yearly review is coming in 3 days and I haven't finished that too. LOL.

Btw, It takes great character to forgive especially someone close to you. Forgiveness is a choice we will end up doing if we choose to move on. Thanks for reading and til next time. ^_^