Escape

What If

 

 

 

 

“Kids stop running around.” Yoona yelled to the three kids climbing up the stairs. “Don’t forget to brush your teeth and say your prayers before going to bed.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at the house they were living in. It has three bedrooms, a small living room and a smaller kitchen. “What kind of life is this?” he whispered to himself not satisfied with the way things are. “I am poor? No way!”

 

“Yeobo, are you alright? Do you want me to give you a massage?” Yoona leaned closer and held his shoulders that made Kyuhyun flinch and move away.

 

“I..I’m fine.”

 

Yoona has a weird look in her face before climbing up the stairs herself. “Let’s go to sleep then.”

 

“Sleep? In the bedroom? Yea.. Yea, right.” Kyuhyun gulped looking at her. “I will just drink a glass of water.”

 

Kyuhyun can’t believe that he’s living a different life. What does that angel mean? He poured himself a glass and another one as if by doing that he can drown all his worries away with water.

 

“I need to get back to my old life. I need to go to LSM he might be worried about me already.”

 

Kyuhyun walked in tiptoes going out the house.

 

He looked at his wallet and it only has 1000 won that wouldn’t even be enough to buy petrol for his car or hail a taxi. In desperation he went back inside the house and rummaged through the drawers. There’s a small purse saying tithes and decided to take it.

 

“I guess if I am the dad I am entitled to use it too for emergencies right?”

 

He quickly went out and the whole neighborhood is silent.

 

There are no taxis in the middle of the night.

 

Kyuhyun contesting his thoughts moved his feet half walking and running the street. He needs to get there. He is sure they will take him since he’s the best of all the singers.

 

A taxi magically appeared and stopped in front of him. “This is luck” he told to himself. “Take me to SM entertainment.”

 

“Are you sure you want to go there?”

 

Kyuhyun heard the familiar voice.

 

“You again?”

 

“I have a name, and that is Heechul. Now why are you trying to escape?”

 

In frustration he can almost erase his face with his palms. “I need to get away from here. From them. From you. I am not Yoona’s husband. I am not married. I don’t have kids. I do not like this life.” Kyuhyun cried.

 

“Just try it out.”

 

“I am just dreaming. I need to wake up.” Kyuhyun said and Heechul drove the car in a zigzag manner that caused Kyuhyun’s head to bump into the chairs.

 

“Ouch.”

 

“I guess you are not dreaming!” he concluded.

 

Kyuhyun hold on to his head. “My head isn’t even healed yet.”

 

“It hurts. It’s real” the angel grinned.

 

“Just take me to SM and leave me there.”

 

“If you say so.”

 

They entered the huge building and as soon as he stepped inside huge posters of Donghae are scattered around the place.

 

“What is happening? This is supposed to be me.”

 

“Where’s LSM?” Kyuhyun demanded to the secretary. “I need to talk to him.”

 

“Do you have an appointment sir?”

 

“Don’t you recognize me?”

 

“Should I?” the secretary was clueless.

 

He saw LSM coming out of the meeting room. “SM, tell this lady here that I am your best singer in this company.” Kyuhyun proudly boast.

 

LSM’s expression is blank. “Who are you?”

 

“I am the best singer of this company!” Donghae said now coming out of the meeting room. “And not some weird looking beggar like you.” He said scrutinizing his features.

 

Kyuhyun saw Suzy coming out. “Baby, of course you’d remember me right?”

 

“Who are you?” she rolled her eyes disgusted at the sight of him. She cling her hands on Donghae’s in a tight embrace.

 

“We are getting married.” Kyuhyun pleaded.

 

“Eww.”

 

“Excuse me.” Donghae said. “That’s my fiancée you are talking about.”

 

“I belong here.”

 

“Security please at the 30th floor.”

 

____

 

“Why can’t anyone remember me?” he can almost take off his hair with frustration. Heechul drove him home with his taxi. “And aren’t you a nurse?”

 

“You are not listening. I am an angel.”

 

“You don’t have wings.”

 

“That is a fairytale!”

 

“So what do I do now?” he said squeezing his brains out how to get away from this mess.

 

“Just live as Cho Kyuhyun, the married one who is a wonderful teacher by the way.”

 

“But I am not that person!”

 

“This is your life twelve years ago before pursuing your career as a singer.”

 

“Why do I need to experience this? I am happy with my life.”

 

“I don’t know why the boss choose you.” Heechul shook his head. “I am thinking you are not worth the effort.”

 

“Is an angel allowed to say that?”

 

“I am not perfect too, you know. I am wondering myself why our boss wants to deal with you. Maybe you do have potential.”

 

Kyuhyun got home clueless on how to live his new life.

 

Who is Cho Kyuhyun after all?

 

_____

 

Yes, I updated twice today.