Hate Kids and Vegetables

What If

 

 

It was a tough day and harder than what he thought.

 

“A family? Really?” Kyuhyun looked up as if trying to talk to the staircase. “God, whoever you are why am I in here with Yoona and with kids. I hate kids.” Kyuhyun whispered to himself.

 

“What are you mumbling about Yeobo?” Yoona smiled sweetly at him while carrying a handful of vegetables.

 

“What are you going to do with those?”

 

“Dinner.” She answered with a mischievous glint in her eye.

 

“I hate vegetables. You know that.”

 

“No you don’t.” Yoona indignantly answered. “Unless all these years you are pretending that you love my cooking.”

 

Kyuhyun cringed as he heard the edge of her voice. He wasn’t sure if she’s serious or bluffing. He remembered well in the past that as innocent as she may seem, she actually has a playful side and he never got used to those pranks. How years have changed her. Is it because of him?

 

“What if you didn’t marry me? What would your life look like?”

 

She made a face where her nose contorted into a frown it looks cute. “If I were not your wife I could have been a chef. I even took pastry classes when we were dating. Have you forgotten about that?”

 

Kyuhyun puckered his brows. ‘Of course I couldn’t remember,’ he thought to himself. He definitely doesn’t know her anymore. Does she regret marrying him?

 

As if realizing what she has just said Yoona’s features softened as she gave a tiptoed kiss on his cheeks. “I am happy to choose this life.” She chuckled. “As much as you choose not to go twelve years ago I also have no regrets. I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

 

Kyuhyun blushed at the nearness of his wife. ‘Get a grip Kyuhyun she’s your wife and you have three kids. Wait. Three? Oh my! I’ve done it with her?’

 

“Why are you giving me that face? You look constipated.” Yoona laughed as Kyuhyun’s face twisted into a realization of mere facts.

 

“No..nothing.” he stuttered. “Anyway, are you sure I’ve developed a liking to vegetables?”

 

“Of course.”

 

____

 

“Pssshssss.. Water!” Suho exclaimed making weird poses in front of his baby sister.

 

“Do it again. Do it again.” Kystal giggled trying to imitate her older brother. “You look so cool oppa.”

 

“I am going to make you fly Kys.” Chanyeol exclaimed. “I am a soooo much bestest cooler coolest oppa.”

 

“Yey!” she clapped her hands.

 

“Make me fly!” the little girl demanded.

 

“Swoossshh.” Chanyeol blew air towards Kystal and she flapped her tiny arms like a bird in response.

 

“I can be flame thrower and air megacontroller!” Chanyeol grinned.

 

“Appa!” Kystal called out to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun just gave the kids a blank stare. He never imagined having kids, let alone three of them all at the same time. Kyuhyun made a mental note inside his head that as soon as he comes back to his normal life he’ll make sure not to have kids at all.

 

“Let’s have dinner” Yoona called out with a singsong voice that broke his reverie.

 

They gathered in front of the table and once again Suho has to say grace for Kyuhyun refused for the second time. Yoona not wanting to press it on just zipped not wanting another argument.

 

It was another battle as the kids started to feed themselves. Kyuhyun looked over his plate and cringed at the vegetables. He really doesn’t like it. He looked over the kids. He doesn’t like it either.

 

“Come on honey. This is your favorite.” Yoona prodded.

 

Kyuhyun took a bite and swallowed it immediately not even knowing what it tastes like. “The best honey.” He painfully croaked. “Oh my what kind of twisted family this is.”

 

“Are you really my father?” Suho asked in disbelief. “Because you’ve been giving us a lot of hated stares dad.”

 

Kyuhyun not knowing where the brilliance of the firstborn came from took it as an opportunity to say the truth with a voice full of confident sarcasm. “I am but not really. There was this guy, this angel and he took away all what I have and brought me here in this diverse universe so I can pretend to be your daddy.”

 

Without finishing his words Kystal cried out. “I knew I was adopted!”

 

“Honey?” Yoona gave him an indignant look.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t want to eat anymore.” Chanyeol stood up. “Thanks a lot fake dad.”

 

Suho is just shaking his head as he stood up taking Kystal in his arms. “We’ll just go to bed early.”

 

There was a long silence before Yoona spoke out. “Is my food really that bad?” she looked hurt.

 

“I didn’t say that.”

 

“Then what is the problem? You don’t have to pretend that you are not you. What are you saying Kyu?” she cried out in frustration. “If you do not like the food you shouldn’t have taken it out with the kids.”

 

“They are not my children.” Kyuhyun couldn’t hold his tongue. “I am a famous singer with a huge car and an expensive house. I shouldn’t be driving a van or going to a school to be a teacher.”

 

“Do you regret it that much?” Yoona replied as she closed her eyes for a second trying to find the right words to say to him. “It feels like I don’t know you anymore. Earlier you asked me what would I be if we didn’t have married. What are you trying to say? You don’t want to be with this family anymore?” she continued. “You don’t have to hurt the kids like that.”

 

“I am not trying to hurt them. I am trying to save them.”

 

“By being a pain in the ?”

 

“It would be so much better if He decided not to give me this family.” He mumbled to himself but enough for Yoona to hear.

 

There was a long pause before Yoona stood up.

 

“I think the sofa would be a comfortable bed for you tonight.” She silently said leaving the more frustrated Kyuhyun alone with his thoughts.

 

 

___

 

Jo's corner:

I don’t want to end it on this note. As much as Kyuhyun accepted “the great what if” it is still easier said than done. In life we are never too sure of what we commit ourselves into.

 

Anyway hope to see you guys on my next update in a few days maybe after easter. Thanks for the subbies. You guys are amazing.