The past and the future

What If

 

 

 

 

“I promise to come back.” Kyuhyun promised hugging Yoona in his arms as tears in her eyes keep on pouring down.

 

“But what if you don’t come back? What if this is the wrong decision and you are meant to stay here?”

 

“No. This is the right decision.” He kissed her temples and grabbed his small suitcase. “I can do so much more if I become a singer. This is for us and for our future.”

 

“I am not sure about this Kyu.”

 

“Trust me.” He told her hugging her tightly for the last time. “I love you.”

 

He quickly jumps up the bus leaving Yoona still crying by the platform. She can only see the bus driving away from her.

 

“I love you too.” She sobbed not knowing what to do next.

 

 

 

12 Years Later

 

“Let’s welcome the best singer in Korea. Cho Kyuhyun!” The emcee’s voice boomed at the whole stadium as Kyuhyun emerged in a rotating stage taking him up to the audience.

 

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!” The voices of fans could make a person deaf with their never-ending shrilling screams for their idol Kyuhyun. He gave a charismatic smile as he sang his latest single that earned a triple platinum award in Korea alone. Girls of all ages worm their way in, just to catch a glimpse of their idol. The great Cho Kyuhyun.

 

The performance, as always, had been a success and Kyuhyun sat in his chair with satisfaction. “Great job as always Kyuhyun,” Lee Soo Man congratulated him in the dressing room.

 

“You truly are the company’s greatest asset.” Donghae, the second best singer in the company said with sarcasm.

 

“Maybe if you try harder you’ll get here.” He told him in a matter-of-fact way.

 

“Yes Dongahe, maybe I should put you in another training camp to improve your singing and dancing style. You should take Kyuhyun as an example.” The old man told Donghae.

 

Kyuhyun gave a smirk and stood up. “I’ll be going. I need to take a rest so I can do better for the next concert.” LSM nodded, his eyes full of pride.

 

He is not even far from the dressing room when someone jumps over him. “Kyuhyunnie baby.” His girlfriend Suzy gave him lingering kisses as a congratulatory present.

 

“Later baby.” He told her ending the smooch.

 

She pouted not liking the idea and saw a small box in his pocket.

 

“Is that for me?” she exclaimed. He gave a frustrated sigh but opened the box anyway and showed her a 22mm flawless cut of diamond ring. “You are not supposed to see this. But baby will you marry me?”

 

She happily gave her hand as Kyuhyun slipped the ring in her finger.

 

He has it all. The money, the popularity, the best-looking girlfriend and the best singing career anyone had seen in the history of Korean music.

 

___

 

Kyuhyun drove his Ferrari in a joyride feeling the cool breeze in his face. He is driving beyond the speed limit but the motorway is huge and there are not so many cars in the middle of the morning. So Kyuhyun enjoyed the feel of his car and what it can do.

 

In a sudden moment he crashed into something not knowing in what direction the other car came from. Kyuhyun with a blood stained face lays unconscious inside his million dollar car.