21

Right Next To Me

 

Narrator

 

Nayoung bit her lip as she watched Myungsoo leave.

Second thoughts filled her mind.

She knew at this point even if she claims that she wants to end it with him, she doesn’t want to. She knows it will hurt her and him.

She brushed away her hair from her face and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

But she hated the fact that he couldn’t trust her.  Myungsoo accused her of cheating on him with Daehyun.

Nayoung shook her head and went to class.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Junhee asked as Nayoung slipped on the seat next to hers.

“Nothing. Did I miss anything?” She asked.

“Nope. We just have to pass our research paper before the period ends.”

Nayoung nodded and took the papers from Junhee.

“I think you need a drink, Na.” She murmured. Nayoung looked at her with wide eyes.

“I heard about rumors. Are you okay?”

“No. I cant believe people would take pictures.” She murmured.

“Is that the only reason, Na?” Junhee looked at her with concern. Nayoung bit her lip as she tried to stop her tears.

“He didn’t let me explain, Hee. He accused…me…of cheating on him.”

Junhee sighed and wrapped her arms around her friend.

“Na, I’m sure L will come around-”

Nayoung pulled away.

“Maybe you’re right. We’re going out tonight.” She stated.

“I was just saying that for the sake of saying-”

“I need to clear my mind before I talk to him again, Hee.”

 

Nayoung was alone at the track. Junhee had to visit her parents back at their hometown.

3134305491_9d62cede09_z.jpg

She took a deep breath as she leaned on her car’s hood.

She clutched her jacket around her and looked at her white sneakers.

It troubled her that Myungsoo accused her of cheating. She never expected him to think that way. Nayoung heard her phone vibrate in her purse, she sighed and took her bag and walked to side bleachers. Then she tossed it on one of the seats.

“I guess it’s time, huh?” She looked at her car before slipping on the driver’s seat.

 

Changmin was pacing back and forth inside the living room. Jaejoong was on the phone with Nayoung’s friend Junhee. Then with a word of thanks he put his phone away.

“What did she say, hyung?”

“Junhee said that they did make plans to go out tonight, but she had to come home. She doesn’t know where Na went.”

Changmin sighed and walked to the window.

“What is wrong with her?” He muttered.

“Something must have happened, Nayoung’s never this way.” Jaejoong said.

“Do you think she went out with Youngjae? They’ve been hanging out lately.” Changmin said.

“You mean Yunho’s brother?” Jaejoong raised one brow at him.

“What do you mean hyung?”

“You havent noticed, but remember the time when you told me you went to Daehan to watch a basketball game?”

Changmin nodded.

“You said that Nayoung was chatting with Jung Daehyun quite happily.”

“Geuraesso?” Changmin blinked.

Jaejoong sighed.

“You’re hopeless, Min. Just go and try to contact Youngjae.”

 

The boys were all at the dorm watching a soccer game when Youngjae’s phone started to ring.

“Oh, it’s Changmin hyung.” He muttered.

Daehyun’s eyes snapped up at him as Youngjae answered the call.

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

Why is Nayoung’s brother calling Youngjae at this time? It’s already late.

“Hello?...Yes, I’m not busy…..Nayoungie?...She’s not with us, hyung.” Youngjae looked at us, then he frowned.

Is Nayoung not home?

“She hasn’t contacted me either hyung….for how long is she- What? She hasn’t come home?!”

I looked at the clock. It was already past eleven o’clock.

“Yes, hyung. I’ll call you when I get a hold of her too.” Youngjae sighed and walked back to us.

“Whats wrong? Is Nayoung in trouble?” Yongguk hyung asked.

“She is in trouble. She’s in a rumor with Jung Daehyun.” Himchan hyung commented.

“Did something happen?” Zelo asked.

 

Narrator

 

“Would you just let Youngjae speak first?” Daehyun said, there was little edge in his voice.

Everyone in the room turned quiet. Youngjae blinked.

“Ah…Changmin hyung is getting worried. He cant contact Nayoung and it’s already late.”

Daehyun glanced at his watch and stood up.

“Ya, where are you going~”

“She’s at the track.” Daehyun stated before heading for the door with his car keys.

 

Before Changmin called Youngjae, Jaejoong tried to contact Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was inside his room when his phone rang. He pushed himself of the couch and took his phone.

“Jaejoong hyung?” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Do you need something?” Myungsoo asked with a little hesitation.

“It’s about Nayoung. Has she called you?”

Myungsoo frowned.

“Aniyo. I havent heard from her since this afternoon.”

“Ah, do you have any idea where she might have gone?”

Myungsoo furrowed his brows and looked at his desk.

“I’m not sure. But I’ll give you a call when I hear from her hyung.”

“Arasso, thanks Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo sighed and tossed his phone on the table. He shook his head and plopped on his bed.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++