27

Right Next To Me

 

NP: BEAST – I LIKE YOU BEST

 

Narrator

 

“Good morning, Na.” Youngjae grinned at her and tugged on her wrist.

“Wae?” Nayoung grumbled as Youngjae pulled her towards the empty corner of the school’s parking lot.

“Rumor has been going around. It’s about you and Myungsoo.”

Nayougn frowned briefly.

“Don’t worry, by the end of the day I’ll fix it.” She answered.

“Fix? What-”

“Noona!” Zelo was running to them.

Youngjae made a face at her.

“Chill, Youngjae. It’s nothing but a rumor.”

 

Daehyun just finished his first class when one freshman walked to him.

“Daehyun sunbae, someone’s asking for you at by the lunch kiosks.”

Daehyun nodded at the younger male, then he left.

Daehyun tilted his head in confusion.

Who would want to meet at lunch kiosk at nine am? The whole place is empty beisdes lunch times or free periods.

 

“Naengmyeon?” Nayoung looked at Yongguk questioningly.

“Yeah, we’re having that before class. Come with us, Na.” Yongguk nodded to her. The two of them along with Himchan were making their way to the cafeteria.

“I didn’t know our cafeteria serves that, oppa.” She looked up.

Himchan grinned.

“Trust me, when you always hang out with Zelo, you’d memorize the cafeteria’s menu by heart.”

Nayoung chuckled as they entered the place. There were only a few students, most of them were drinking coffee or taking late breakfast.

“I’ll order for you guys. Look for a table, I’m sure Daehyun and Youngjae are coming.” Yongguk said before setting off .

“So how are things?” Himchan asked her.

“Well, exams are coming oppa. Good things for you, you’re already done with everything.”

“Not really, we still have that thesis-”

“Oh, hi noona.” Jongup grinned as him and Zelo joined them.

“You guys havent seen Youngjae and Dae?” Himchan asked.

“Aniyo hyung.” Zelo shook his head, then Na’s phone started to ring. She slowly stood up as she looked at the screen.

“I’ll just get this oppa. I’ll be back guys. ”

 

Daehyun headed out of the building and walked to the lunch kiosk. The place was just behind the school’s two-floor cafeteria.

Daehyun looked around as he arrived, he was right. The place was empty.

“I always see you around Nayoung, you know.” A voice said from behind him.

Myungsoo standing a few yards away.

“Why are you always near her?”

“We’re just friends.” Daehyun replied. Myungsoo grunted and tilted his head on the side, his eyes were filled with hostility.

“A guy like you shouldn’t be around her. Don’t let your influence rub on her.”

Daehyun didn’t reply.

“It’s because of you. I don’t know what kind of motive you have for approaching her-” Myungsoo stepped towards him and placed on finger on his chest.

“But. Stay. Away. From. Her.” He emphasized his words as he pushed Daehyun back.

“Should I be saying that to you?” Daehyun couldn’t hold his anger anymore.

“What?” Myungsoo looked at him icily.

“Oh, you don’t know? You’re hurting her too. You’re choking her.”

“You don’t know what you’re saying!” Myungsoo hissed.

“You have no right to accuse her of cheating on you.” Daehyun retorted.

 

Nayoung stepped out of the cafeteria while clutching on her phone.

“Eomma?” She said as she walked around.

“It’s me, are you busy?”

“Aniyo, eomma. Is something up?” She asked, then she looked up and saw Daehyun making his way towards the kiosk. She was about to raise her had to wave him over but he had already walked away. Nayoung followed him.

“Nothing’s up, Na. I was just wondering, have you made plans with Junhee for your break?”

“Not yet, but I don’t think I’ll be roaming around this time. I’d rather prepare for the second semester.” She murmured as she kept up with Daehyun.

“Oh that’s good then, honey. We’ll visit you soon.”

“Yes, eomma-“ Nayoung stopped short when she saw Myungsoo standing behind Daehyun.

 

“So you think you’re someone special now? Just because she’s talking to you?” Myungsoo pushed Daehyun back. Daehyun’s jaw clenched and pushed the other male back.

“I don’t care what you think, but you don’t deserve a girl like her.” He spat, that was when Myungsoo’s fist connected with his nose. Daehyun stumbled back, he was about to raise his fist when someone came running to them.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Nayoung stood in between them, she was panting from her run to them.

“Na-” Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

Nayoung shook his head at her.

“What are you doing?” Nayoung asked, exasperation was heard in her voice.

“He’s just using you-”

“Stop it.” She said as she turned to Daehyun, then she took out her handkerchief.

“Yongguk oppa and the others are already inside, go on in.” She said to him as she placed the cloth on his hand.

“Nayoung-ah, I’m sorry-”

“It’s not your fault.” Nayoung said before turning to L.

“What?! You’re in his side now?”

“Were you even on my side L?” Nayoung retorted.

“What do you mean, Na?”

“Look, I don’t know..what happened. But…let’s break up.”

Myungsoo looked at her.

“Is it because of him?”

Nayoung shook her head.

“I cant breathe anymore, Myungsoo. Let’s face it, we might have loved each other, but you never accepted everything that I am.”

“Nayoung-ah, I -” He stepped towards her, Nayoung shook her head and stepped back.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said before leaving.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++