33

Right Next To Me

 

Narrator

 

“Zelo hands off the pan!” Himchan hollered as the maknae attempted to steal another slice of meat.

Jongup chuckled and sat on one of the stools.

“Is there some sort of war going on?” Yongguk mused as he walked in the kitchen.

Nayoung walked down from her room, clad in a pair of shorts and a band tee.

“Are you cooking oppa?” She asked. Himchan’s brows rose for a moment.

“It’s almost done, my princess. Can you be an angel and call Daehyun?”

Nayoung nodded.

“He’s at the beach looking around. I don’t think he brought his phone with him.”

“Arasso. I’ll be back.”

As soon as Nayoung was out of the house, Yongguk hit Himchan’s head with a spoon.

“Ya what are you doing? Letting her walk alone.”

“Tsch. You think if anyone tries touch her, he wont get hurt?” Himchan asked as he looked at Zelo pointedly.

“Noona can fight well, hyung.” Zelo pointed out.

“Besides, Daehyun will explode if someone tries to hurt her. We all know that by now.” Himchan shrugged.

 

 

Daehyun was standing near the waterline when someone suddenly pushed him.

“What are you doing? Being all alone stuff.” Nayoung grinned at him. Daehyun smiled.

“You’re brooding again.” Nayoung shook her head.

“What brings you here, Na?” He asked as she tried to dip her feet  on the water.

“Himchan oppa asked me to call you. Time to eat.” She replied while bending down to touch the saltwater.

Daehyun nodded and walked beside her.

“Daehyun-ah, should I look for a girl for you? Want me to introduce you to one?” She asked.

Daehyun shook his head at her.

“Ah right, not everyone can handle talking to you.” She nodded solemnly. Daehyun smiled, then Nayoung accidentally slipped on the water.

She winced as she felt her shorts getting soaked.

tumblr_mgkfkdTG2j1s2z8mgo1_250.gif

“Who’s difficult to handle now?” Daehyun asked as he chuckled.

“It’s not funny.” She glared at him, then Nayoung stopped. She knew Daehyun smiles rarely, but right now he just looked so….relaxed and happy. And his smiled made her tummy a little….jumpy.

“Come here.” Daehyun said as he bent down and pulled her up. Nayoung felt his hand wrap around her elbow briefly and he let go.

“Should we go back to the house?” He asked, his gaze probing her.

Nayoung could only nod and follow him.

 

 

“Na, your phone has been ringing off the hook ever since you left.” Junhee said as they went inside the house.

“Why are you wet?” Youngjae looked at her.

“She slipped.” Daehyun replied before heading up to his room.

“Did the floor move?” Youngjae snickered.

“Ya!”

“Food’s ready!” Himchan announced, Daehyun went down the stairs with a towel.

“Daehyun, what are you~”

Daehyun bent down and wrapped the towel around Nayoung’s waist.

Everyone in the room closed their mouths and tried not to smile widely.

“You might get cold while eating.” Daehyun said before walking to the kitchen.

“Yeah, you might. We don’t want that.” Himchan shook his head as the others headed for the kitchen.

Nayoung closed her eyes briefly and shook her head.

 

Changmin had to fly back to Korea in a rush due to his parents’ orders. Changmin sighed as he arrived in their Gangnam home.

On his way to his room, he could hear the elders speaking inside his father’s study.

“We are meeting them next week.”

“Do you think Nayoung will accept, yeobo?” His mother asked.

Changmin stopped walking and leaned slightly on the door.

“I’m sure she will, their marriage will benefit both companies.”

 

“Besides, she knows the young man well.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++