Chapter 18

You're the apple to my eye.

 

A few days passed and they still didn’t talk. Byungun went back to his collage in his hometown without even saying goodbye to Sohyun. Sohyun on the other hand had apologoized to Dongwoon regarding Byunghun’s action.

“Dongwoon ah, im sorry.”                                                                                                       

“Its fine. Its totally fine. Have you talked to him yet?”

“No. Things are awkward now.”

“Ohh..”

A few months passed and they still didn’t talk to each other.  2 years passed, feelings developed, Dongwoon asked Sohyun out for a date.. and they eventually got together. Then one day Byunghun was doing his research on his computer at home when the television was showing the latest news about Seoul’s mini earthquake, without hesitating, he called Sohyun.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Sohyun ah I heard about the earthquake, are you okay?!”

“Im fine. Nobody got hurt.”

“Thank god! I was worried sick!Erm…. then goodbye. Anyway, good to hear that you’re safe.”

“Byunghun ah”

“Hm?”

“Thanks”

“O…..kay”

“No, seriously im touched. Thank you!”

“Yeah right, you’re the girl I chased for years!”

“Eh hello! Excuse you, you didn’t even contact me for 2 years!”

“You’re someone elses, how can i? You also didn’t even call me. Guys are somehow tired of making the first move you know.”

Sohyun smiled “So how have you been doing lately?”

“Nothing much really. Studying like a nerd these few days…. What about you?”

“Same old thing, studying….. “

“I got together with Dongwoon for a few months”

“I know. I heard”

“How did you know?”

“Please I have lots of friends okay.. but, why did you guys broke up? Was he mean to you? ”

“Not really.. I just felt like there is no spark between us.. but we’re great friends now. He is engaged anyway. Everything is in the past.. being loved by you makes me hard to receive love from others.”

“Wow, how touching”

“Don’t you dare ruin it idiot”

“Sohyun ah. Can I ask you a question? Why didn’t you accept my confession the other time?”

“Well, you know.. people says the wonderful time of a relationship happens before it really happens. If we got together too quickly, the magic might vanish easily and it won’t be fun so I’m just letting the time does its job.”

“Tch such typical of Kwon Sohyun”