The Stage (Kaiminzy)

Kaiminzy & Taeminzy Drabbles
A/N: This is written on request, with many grammatical errors I'm sure. 
 

It has been almost a year since Jongin last saw Minji. That moment was probably the most emotional he has seen her, the anger emitting out of that soulful voice and the dance, full of rage for such a subtle body wave during the chorus of Come Back Home. That was last year, at the SBS Gayo Daejun. He has not seen her since, besides her updates on her SNS.

And he definitely, did not expect to see her at the MAMA awards as well, looking so stunning with the long hair and the stance, with the y smirk that only ero Minji could pull off. It’s not just him, but practically anyone who was with him. 2ne1 was not on the list of invitation nor were they in the included in the performances. The surprise has got to be the best the company pulled out for them, but that aside, he is just happy he gets to see Minji.

Jongin’s eyes were stuck on the TV screen as he monitors her every move. He could not help but feel jealous at every man who looks and shout in excitement as they watch her, even his best friend, Taemin. Her confidence was soaring high as she pounds that stage with her splits and crazy hair spinning move with their debut song, Fire. She was on a roll during that performance. In I Am The Best, she was truly the queen of seduction, a total opposite of what she displayed in Fire. The subtle touches on her thighs along with the y expressions she makes when the cameras focus on her, reminds others that she is an unrivalled performer with the different personas she unveiled for that night.

When their stage ended, he was on an all high. Jongin felt sorry for Taemin as for the first time that night, his focus was on someone else. The only other being that makes him feel giddy with love and envy all at the same time besides his dogs. When people think she has reached the limit for her dances and vocals, she comes back with a new improved version of herself. He is constantly in awe of her, and despite having to get ready for his stage, he could not help but just try to find her backstage since they will be announcing a few awards before their performance anyway.

Jongin saw Minji heading towards the waiting room and in the adrenaline rush, he pulled on her arm. They were not close to each other but they are not strangers to one another as well. They have been dancing around each other, flirting for a couple of years now and it is very well known among other idols that have come across them before. She turned in momentary shock and her hair lightly brushed his face. Minji smiled when she saw him and he could not help but be bedazzled by her.

“You were great on stage,” Jongin begin the conversation.

“Thank you, and I can’t wait for yours as well,” Minji smiled. Oh, that smile.

“I am still unable to comprehend your presence here,”

“Unless you have a great dream about me dancing earlier, you have quite an imagination.”

 “Oh, I have many dreams about you lady,” Jongin lowered his tone.

“Oh really? What will they be?”  Minji close the gap between them as she stare into his eyes.

Jongin wrap his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him, “I’d rather create new ones with you, they will be much better than what I had.”

“Yeah right,” Minji mumbles as she pushed him none too gently.

She averts her gaze somewhere else and Jongin smirk when he saw her faint blush. He knew he got through to her this time, it has been awhile after all since he last saw her. His manager came and disrupts their moment to inform him that he only has 15 minutes before he had to be up on stage for his performance.  Jongin could only groan because he knew that after his performance he will not be seeing her for another long while unless she is able to stay throughout the event. With the delay of the event, he doubts she will stay.

“You have to go,” Minji looks at him longingly.

“Soon, but before I go, there is something that is puzzling me,”

“Which is..?”

“You look stunning,” Minji looked taken aback by that comment but before she was able to reply, Jongin continued, “there is something different about your eyes.”

“You mean the eye makeup? I emphasised more on the eye-shadow.”

“It’s a good kind of different, I’m almost lost in them,” Jongin marvelled, moving closer.

“Actually, that is the general idea, us having a comeback and all after so long,” MInji tilted her head, allowing him to peer into her lids.

Jongin stared into her long enough until Minji realises that he was actually looking at her but it was too late. He is holding her in his arms again, closer this time as he let himself drown in her eyes.

“It’s a cheap trick, I know,”

“Tell me something i don't know Jongin.”

“I couldn’t help myself.”

He leans into her and gently nips on the corner of her lips as he felt her slightly tremble in his arms. When he felt her body relax, he pours out his longing and love into the kiss. He pulled away and looks at the mess he left behind with a smirk. That kiss will linger for another long while before they meet again. He wipes her smudged lips and gives her a short peck before pushing her in the waiting room.

With a new drive, he runs to his position on stage with a determination to not lose out to Minji with his performance. When the lights were shut, and stage platform rose, the crowd screams and his stage begins.