7 ♥ Engaged Heart

Hearts are Made to be Loved

♥ Dongwoo ♥

"There you go," Eunye puts a slice of Opera Cake she just bought at the cafe fifteen minutes ago. "Do you like cake, Dongwoo?"

Apparently after witnessing Eunye and Hoya's couple fight for a reason that I don't know, she invited me to her apartment just because she doesn't feel like keeping the cake longer than she should.

My guess? She bought it for her and Hoya. Aftermath of the fight? She would be happy to stay away from the cake for now.

I had all the time and all the reasons to refuse her request, considering that I could be the next reason Hoya argues with her. Putting aside my feeling for Eunye, I do feel bad when they fight.

No matter what, both of them are still my colleagues, my friends. Who would like to see their friends fight?

If only Eunye didn't give me the sad gaze after I politely refused her, if only I feel nothing for her but friendship, I would be on my way back to my own place right now.

"I like sweets," I answer with a grin, taking the small plate and fork. "Thanks. Let's enjoy the sweets!"

She stands up to take a silver teapot along with two silver cups. It's the tea-for-two sets that we, Eungeum teachers, gave to Eunye and Hoya as an engagement present.

Around the teapot lid, there's a gold lining. We chose it to represent Eun and Geum respectively, the color of our school symbol. It's also the same reason why I bought the silver and gold wing earring a month after I started to work at Eungeum.

The one earring I gave away to Eunye on her engagement night. The one she is still wearing right now.

Isn't it funny how you feel like your heart is going to burst due to happiness just by seeing a person takes care of a present you give to her?

"Then I hope you like herbal tea too," she pours the tea to one of the cups, looking up to me with a smile. "My mother sent me this yesterday. It's her favorite. My father used to- Ouch!"

She drops the teapot right away and I immediately notice that her left hand is burning due to the hot liquid.

"E-Eunye!" I put the plate on table, rushing to her side. "Are you okay? Oh, of course, you're not! Come on. Where is- Here!"

Leading her to the kitchen, I turn on the faucet and tell her to cool down her hand by running it under cool water. Eunye clenches her teeth, holding back the urge to make a noise due to the burning pain.

"I'm sorry, Eunye. If only I-"

"Apologize once again and I might make you have the same burning hand," she cuts my words, sticking out her tongue as a sign of joke. "I'm being careless. Not a new thing. Don't worry."

Seeing another side of her being playful like this...

My heart really needs to stop beating faster than it possibly can do.

"It will be alright," I fake a cough, focusing my sight at Eunye's hand, slightly releasing my grip on her hand. I must be too panic that I forget it's inappropriate for me to hold her hand. "Don't worry."

Silence fills the air for a moment.

I secretly glance at Eunye and, this time, my heart feels like it just stops beating.

Tears roll down on her cheeks.

 

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

 

♥ Eunye ♥

It was exactly a month after Woohyun and Hyuna held their engagement party. It was a private party where Sunggyu and I helped the preparation.

Everything was wonderful the way it should be. Every little thing.

"Hyuna said she would love to have me and Bora as her bridesmaids!" I exclaimed, swinging our intertwined hands back and forth. "She even told me I can choose the color for my bridesmaid gown!"

We're on our way back to my apartment after having a dinner together with Sunggyu, Woohyun, Bora, and Hyuna.

Six of us agreed to have a triple date at least once in a month, feeling that we're fit within each other's comfort zone. Who knew that we would be best friends with all happenings during the past?

Like usual, Hoya walked me back to my apartment. Holding hands, we talked about our triple date and Hyuna's words came across my mind right away.

I never got a chance to be a bridesmaid. Perhaps it's because I didn't really have a close female friend who wanted to get married except Hyuna or maybe I didn't look like one who fitted the role.

Neither was a problem for me since I wasn't the romantic type either, the type who loved wedding party so much that I wanted to get married soon.

I didn't say it was wrong or weird or unusual. In fact I thought I was the one who was a little bit too unique.

Every girl wanted to have a wonderful, beautiful wedding party. Me? I didn't even want to think of it.

At least not until the day someone splashed the idea to me.

"Want a cup of coffee?" I offered Hoya as he took a seat, a minute after we arrived at my apartment. "I just bought a new brand. Woohyun said it's good."

"Oh, okay," he answered shortly, sounded a little bit distracted. "Sure."

As I prepared to pour the coffee for him at the kitchen, I took another glance before asked him, "Are you alright?"

He nodded randomly, tucking his hand inside of his pocket, "Yeah, sure."

Losing my focus for the coffee although I was pouring the drink to his cup, I turned to take a good look at his face, "Hoya, are you even list- Ouch!"

I loosened my grip, causing the pot to hit the floor. I stepped back, fanning my own burning hand. Unfortunately the cup was already full that the liquid ran down to my left hand which was holding it.

Hoya snapped back to Earth, rushing to my side and quickly the faucet. He held my hand carefully, placing it under the running water to cool it down.

"It will be alright," Hoya muttered with his eyes fixed on my hand. "Don't worry."

No one said a thing for seconds but I broke the silence, still with him holding my hand, "Are you really alright?"

He didn't answer it right away. There was a pause before he spoke, "You should take off the ring, Eunye. Stay still. I'll look for something in your medicine box."

Implying to the silver ring I wore, he took it off slowly, not even waiting for my respond or answering my question.

It was the ring he gave to me as my birthday present last year, the one he didn't give to me directly when we're in London. My name was engraved under it, written in both Hangul and Latin letters.

After three minutes or so, I turned off the faucet and waited for Hoya to get something from the bathroom where I stored the medicine box. The good thing was I didn't boil the water too hot so the burn wasn't too bad.

"Hey, how is it?" Hoya returned with worried gaze. "I think you're running out of the burn salve. I'll go out to buy-"

"I'm fine," I cut off his excuse and asked him to sit down. I really wanted to talk because it seemed like his mind was somewhere else.

Hoya held his breath for a while after listening to my words. However, once again, he diverted the topic by returning my ring, putting it back on the left hand ring finger, "You should have this."

I was going to throw tantrum at him but I stopped myself when I realized it's not the ring I used to wear.

It was the same silver but there's a beautiful small crystal in the middle. There were two initials engraved next to it.

H & E.

Noticing how I stared at the ring, Hoya shifted closer to me by an inch, gaining my full attention back, "I am nervous. I don't know how to say it, Eunye."

"I am never good with words like Woohyun. I can't be blunt like Sunggyu Hyung. I am only confident with my dancing skill and I even thought about telling you with dance and all but... I swear this is even more nerve wrecking that any other dancing competition I ever had. I have no idea how nervous I will be when you wear the white wedding gown."

The next sentence he asked me would stay forever in my mind.

"Choi Eunye, will you marry me?"

 

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

 

My pride is one thing that always holds me back, Hoya once said. I don't like to be intimidated when I'm sure I can do better than what people think. To put it simple, I dislike being judged for things I'm sure I am not wrong at.

Therefore I was annoyed by Hoya's gaze when we met at the cafe. I did nothing wrong to be judged of replacing him. I had no slightest idea of what he's talking about.

I also feel guilty to have Dongwoo witnessing our silly couple fight and, considering that both Hoya and I won't be talking to each other today, I think it would be nice to have Dongwoo as companion.

Dongwoo, being the nice and polite man as always, agreed to accompany me for the cake even though he refused it at first.

It's difficult to keep smiling when my heart wants to scream, demanding an explanation from Hoya for his unusual behavior.

That is the main reason why I lose my focus and burn my own hand. Dongwoo is extremely panic and, speaking about coincidence, his reaction reminded me with the day Hoya proposed to me.

Even his words are similar that I can't hold back the tears.

Why am I crying?

"E-Eunye?" Dongwoo's voice pulls me back to reality. "I-is it that hurt? I-I'm sorry if I- Eunye?"

I shake my head, forcing a smile, "No, I was just... It's okay. Really. It's okay now. Why don't we go back to the cake?"

I turn off the faucet, assuring him that the burn is not that bad. He still looks worried but he returns to his seat anyway.

"Dongwoo, can I ask you about something?" another word crosses my mind when I sit down. I don't really want to bring up the topic but...

"Can you tell me about Trinity Laban?"
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated on 7 September 2013. It's almost a year! *cries* I didn't abandon this story! Don't worry. You can believe my words. kkk~

Anyway INFINITE has back with 2nd album and they're going to have another comeback with repackaged album! Who's ready for it? ;)


 
Tell me what you think about the story so far. Drop your comment below or tell me any opinion via Twitter by mentioning
@AFFkyuri91. :)