6 ♥ Ignorant Heart

Hearts are Made to be Loved
♥ Eunye ♥
 
"Eunye...," Hoya gives me a disbelief look, holding back his words when I'm just as surprised as he is at the moment. "Why..."
 
Today is definitely not my best day.
 
Not after knowing that my fiancee was meeting someone he didn't want me to know yesterday, which apparently became a new teacher at Eungeum. Not after my soon-to-be-husband told me he is considering about working in another country... without telling me.
 
Knowing each other for years, I know he has his own reasons to act like this. I could understand it if he's my best friend but, perhaps, I just couldn't understand it because we're not just merely best friends.
 
It feels like he doesn't have faith in me about such important matter in his life. It's his career, his choice, his life.
 
After hours of not talking to each other, I calmed down, slapping myself mentally for being so selfish. Even though we're engaged, he still has his own privacy and I should respect it at the very least.
 
Being himself, he chose not to bother me because he definitely knew I needed time to be alone. He actually made good decisions for my emotional issue most of the times.
 
That's why I stopped by at a small cafe on my way back to apartment. Eunri, the new teacher who apparently shares the same name with me, left a brochure of the cafe on her table and I just saw it for a glimpse.
 
Since I would walk pass it on my way back, I thought I should check the cafe and bought something for Hoya. I was thinking to call him later after ordering for an Opera cake.
 
Who knew that after I went to the restroom, I would see him face to face here.
 
"Oh," I react calmly, pushing away my pride to not talking to him. "What a surprise. Aren't you going out with other male teachers?"
 
Instead of giving me an answer, Hoya grabs my wrist and drags me out from the cafe, causing me to react automatically, struggling from his grip, "Y-Y-Yah! What- Yah, Lee Howon, it hurts!"
 
He loosens his grip on me when we're already outside. I massage my wrist, dropping my jaw, "What's wrong with you?!"
 
"Me?" he frowns, judging me with serious gaze. "It's supposed to be my question. What's going on in your head, Choi Eunye?"
 
I blink in confusion, not understanding what he's trying to point out, "Hoya, I just wanted to buy a cake for us, okay? What's the big deal?"
 
He heaves a sigh, lifting his right hand to cover his mouth, "This is crazy. I can't believe I lost my patience because of you."
 
This is it. I just can't hold back my confusion anymore, "Can you just please spill it out, Lee Howon? I should be the one who lost my patience!"
 
"Of course. It should be you," Hoya replies, piercing me with his gaze. "You lost your patience so fast that you could replace me. Amazing."
 
Replace him? "Yah, are you-"
 
I don't happen to finish my words because he suddenly holds my wrist again, dragging me with full force, "You're going back. Now."
 
"No!" I complaint, remembering that I haven't brought along the Opera Cake I have paid. "I can go back by myself! Let- Let go!"
 
Stepping back from him, we stare at each other for seconds, letting the silence to stab us coldly.
 
What is this atmosphere?
 
 
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~
 
 
♥ Dongwoo ♥
 
Moving my glass around on the table, my mind just wanders somewhere else while the other teachers are filling their glasses again.
 
I prop my chin on palm, wondering if Eunye is still mad at Hoya. It's not my business and I should put my nose out of this but... Blame me for being so sensitive when it comes to Eunye.
 
When the new teacher mentioned that she actually met Hoya yesterday, I already got the hint that she's a friend of Henry and I was right. When I walked her around the school, she told me that she worked there before.
 
Surely Eunri has no idea that it's a sensitive topic. At least it's quite sensitive because Eunye didn't know about Trinity Laban's offer for Hoya yet.
 
The fact that they didn't have lunch together and Hoya just joined us for a round of drink this afternoon are enough proof that they're having a little trouble.
 
Or so I thought until I spot the couple across the street.
 
The girl doesn't look happy and the guy looks mad. I stand up from my seat and walk out from the restaurant, witnessing Hoya tries to pull her by wrist forcefully.
 
Eunye struggless off of him and they just stand there, shouting their thoughts in silence with their stares until I break the intense staring contest, "Howon? Eunye?"
 
Both of them turn to me and I am lost with words, "Ah... I... I just saw you two and... Are you- Err..."
 
"We're fine," Eunye responds, forcing a smile on her face. "It's just... Hoya is being ridiculous."
 
"Am I?" Hoya retorts, almost whispering. "Am I that ridiculous that you rather be around without me?"
 
Eunye lets out a sarcasm laughter, "Your humor sense is getting better nowadays."
 
Instead of throwing back fire of words, Hoya purses his lips. It's good for me because I definitely can't just cut him off from the conversation, especially because I am the third person in this situation.
 
"Fine," Hoya lifts both of his hands, a sign that he's giving up of the debate. "You're on your own."
 
He returns to the restaurant without another word, leaving me and Eunye standing in front of the cafe awkwardly.
 
"Sorry," Eunye apologizes, heaving a sigh. "Sorry for the stupid, childish fight. I don't know what's wrong with him."
 
She excuses herself to take the cake she has ordered, stepping inside the cafe once again. Meanwhile I see Hoya leaving the restaurant seconds before Eunye walks out with a box of cake in hand.
 
He's not taking the direction to his apartment.
 
"This cake will be a waste," Eunye jokes simply, smiling to me. "Care to help me with it, Dongwoo?"
 
Eh?
 
 
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~
 
 
♥ Hoya ♥
 
They said people who care about one another tend to argue more regularly. Not arguing in a relationship represents a lack of interest, some believed.
 
Unfortunately I'm just not the type of guy who can argue more than five minutes with someone else, especially a girl who I care the most in this world along with my mother.
 
Eunye, herself, doesn't like to argue much. She is quite stubborn but she is pretty easy-going as well, making her to avoid debatable situation as much as possible.
 
That's why even though I was trapped in a situation where I should just lash out my rage towards her for catching her red-handed in a cafe where a guy proclaimed himself as Choi Eunye's boyfriend, I just left.
 
Woohyun has told me before that I shouldn't do that because it would make me have the image of being an ignorant guy but, really, I just can't argue with Eunye when she has the kind of annoyed look.
 
Noticing that we're at a public place, I thought it's the best if we're just be on our own. At least until I could control my emotion.
 
When did the last time I lost control of my patience?
 
"Howon?"
 
I snap back to reality, looking at Eunri who is standing metres away from me. I am sitting down on a swing at a playground, doing nothing but plugging my earphones with low-volumed music from iPod.
 
Taking off the earphones, I stand up and greet her politely, "Eunri."
 
"What are you doing here alone?" she giggles, looking around as if she wants to find someone else here. "Is your house near from here or what?"
 
After leaving the restaurant because I didn't want to ruin the mood, I just took the opposite direction from my apartment, not thinking of any specific destination.
 
I just stopped by the playground to take a quick rest. I just don't realize that almost an hour has passed since then. Not to mention that the sky is so dark right now.
 
"I was just walking around," I respond shortly. "Are you going back to your house?"
 
She nods, pointing to the east direction, "My apartment is just blocks away. Not too far from Eungeum, right?"
 
"Right," I mumble. "I shoudn't hold you back here. It's late already."
 
"Ah, right. Guess I'll see you tom-" she pauses when a drop of water lands on her nose. She looks up to be hit by more raindrops. "Uah! Rain!"
 
Within no time, the rain falls down from light to heavy. Eunri tries to cover her head with bag but it's futile, "See you tomorrow, Howon!"
 
As if I'm programmed, I take off my jacket, chase after her to put it on Eunri's head.
 
"I'll walk you back!" I raise my voice to win over the rain's noise. When she's going to refuse my offer, I say, "It's just blocks away, right?"
 
I can't just let a girl walks under the rain, can I?
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated on 28 July 2013. A month already! I'm very sorry for the rare update.
 
Anyway I just watched INFINITE's concert in my city last week! * throws confetti * Hoya and Dongwoo... PERFECTION! kkk~
 
Tell me what you think about the story so far. Drop your comment below or tell me any opinion via Twitter by mentioning @AFFkyuri91. ;)