4 ♥ A New Heart

Hearts are Made to be Loved
♥ Hoya ♥
 
It's almost five o'clock when I have finished all my important tasks. Grabbing my jacket, I bid goodbye to the other teachers, heading to the door to meet up with someone according to our plan yesterday.
 
After having a little talk with Dongwoo, I finally called his acquaintance, Henry, who works at Trinity Laban as a Professorial Staff of String Department, mastering in violin.
 
Dongwoo once lived in Canada for three months and he met Henry there during a street dance competition. He said that Henry is also good in dancing but he has learned how to play violin since six, making it his favorite subject in music.
 
When I asked him whether if he had tried to applied there or not, Dongwoo shook his head, saying that he didn't think he could pass the requirements for now. He gave me Henry's contact, telling me that apparently he is currently staying in Seoul for a month for Seoul International Music Competition.
 
I'm just thinking about knowing a little bit more about Trinity Laban, therefore I still haven't told Eunye about the letter.
 
Yet.
 
"Oh, Hoya," Gikwang calls my name right when I just opened the door. He stops talking to Dongwoo who is checking on the class schedule. "I haven't seen Eunye anywhere today. Where is she?"
 
"She doesn't feel well," I reply truthfully. "She read a book until five this morning just because she wanted to finish it in one go. She is having a rest."
 
Gikwang drops his jaw slightly and comments, "Reading until morning came? That's amazing. Well, hope she gets well soon. Send my greeting to her."
 
I smile and walk out from the staff room. Within just fifteen minutes, I have arrived at the hotel where Henry stays during his time in Seoul. He said he will wait for me at the hotel restaurant.
 
"I'm sorry. You must be mistaken," a female's voice catches my attention. "I'm not the person you're looking for. Excuse me. I really need to go now."
 
Not far from my stand, there is a girl around my age, confronted by a guy who doesn't look happy at all. He is grabbing her wrist, having a cold tone while talking to her, "Stop it, you pretty little liar. I know I would find you sooner or later."
 
Since they are standing at the corridor which leads to the backyard, there is almost no one walks pass there. I stand in silence for seconds before my feet walk to them without thinking twice.
 
"Pardon me," I gain their attention and the guy gives me a deadly glare. "I think you're hurting her. If you don't mind, can you let her go?"
 
"And who the hell are you?" he fires back, still gripping her tight, causing her to cringe in pain. "Go away. It's not your business!"
 
I heave a sigh, hoping that he will use his logic to act since this is a quite luxurious hotel so he will not use any violence, "Actually, it is my business. She is a friend of mine. We're going to have a lunch together."
 
"Huh?" he frowns and, beyond my expectation, he laughs. "Another victim of the heartbreaker? Fine. I'll get to her later after she breaks your heart."
 
Heartbreaker?
 
He lets go of her harshly and walks pass me. The guy stops for a moment and turns with a smirk, "The next time you see my face, I'll make sure you get my revenge, Choi Eunye."
 
"Eh?" I blink. Did I just hear what I think I heard? I move my gaze to the girl who wears a pair of glasses. Is her name...
 
"Thank you," she bows politely to me, looking awkward and nervous. "I-I-I don't know what happened. I don't even know who he is. I... Thank you for helping me, err..."
 
"Howon," I introduce my name. "Lee Howon. No problem. I just happened to see the trouble. Are you alright?"
 
"Howon," she repeats my name, smiling shyly. "I'm alright. Thanks to you. Ah, my name... I'm Eunye. Choi Eunye. Nice to meet you."
 
My eyes widen upon her introduction. So I heard it right. I chuckle and she gives me a confusion look, "Eh? What is it? Is something on my face?"
 
I shake my head, still feeling amused with the coincidence, "It's nothing. It's just... Your name is exactly the same with my fiancee. I'm just a little bit surprised."
 
"Oh...," she covers with right hand. "What a coincidence... Are you... Are you meeting her here or...?"
 
"I'm meeting a friend here," I point my thumb to the restaurant direction. "What about you?"
 
She gasps a little, "Me too. He is my old colleague when I was still teaching in United Kingdom."
 
"UK?" I raise my eyebrow. Could it be... "Did you teach at Trinity Laban before?"
 
"Omo!" she doesn't hide her surprise this time. "How did you know?"
 
Speaking about a small world here.
 
 
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~
 
 
♥ Dongwoo ♥
 
I walk out from the music store with a new album of my favorite artist in hand. I look up to see the afternoon sky, wondering if Eunye is feeling better or not now.
 
"Aigoo, Jang Dongwoo!" I sigh heavily, dropping my gaze. "You shouldn't bother with her. Just friends. Just professionals. Just that."
 
"Just what?" a voice breaks my focus. My eyes widen in shock when I see the person in front of me.
 
"E-E-E-Eunye?!" I stammer, looking at the girl who wears a white jacket. She just looks at me with a confused smile. "W-W-What are you doing here?"
 
She lifts up a bag containing three bottles of milk, showing it to me as the proof that she just returns from a grocery store. She tells me that she was on her way back to her apartment when she saw me, standing in front of a music store alone.
 
"You shouldn't be out, right?" I ask her bluntly. "Are you feeling better now? You could ask Howon to buy them for you!"
 
Eunye shrugs her shoulder, "He hasn't returned yet and I'm bored. I'm not that weak, you know. He must has exaggerated it. I'm all good. Just a little bit headache."
 
Hoya hasn't returned?
 
"I saw you heaving a sigh," she tilts her head, studying my face. "Is there a problem? Perhaps... I can help?"
 
"I'm fine," I rub the back of my neck, avoiding her gaze. She shouldn't know that I am thinking of her. "Just being random. Well, you're going to teach tomorrow, aren't you?"
 
Eunye chuckles and I swear my heart can stop beating for a second if it's possible. Why does everytime I try to stop being attracted to her, the more I find myself more into her?
 
"Of course, I will. They said there will be a new dance teacher starting tomorrow, right?" Eunye asks. "Junhyung said it's a female teacher. Is it true?"
 
"Guess so," I answer. "To be honest, the headmaster hasn't given me her resume yet. He said it will be a surprise for us."
 
All I know is that the new teacher has a really good record in teaching oversea. She will start teaching tomorrow and the rumor just spread as fast as I couldn't imagine.
 
Always happen when there's a new teacher in Eungeum.
 
"I can't wait for meet her," Eunye smiles wider. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow then, Dongwoo."
 
"See you," I wave, watching her walk away. I lower down my hand, heaving another sigh. What am I thinking actually?
 
Am I expecting a chance that I can never have?
 
 
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~
 
 
♥ Eunye ♥
 
"I'm late, I'm late," I fasten my pace to the meeting room. "Please don't start yet. Aigoo!"
 
After being absent from teaching yesterday, I tried to catch up with my remaining tasks including the checking of all my students' projects. I just finished them five minutes ago when I'm supposed to attend the meeting where our headmaster will introduce the new teacher.
 
Hoya has tried to call me three times but I silenced the phone to help myself concentrate better. He will definitely scold me later.
 
I open the door, prepared with apology to the principal. My eyes stop at a new face I never saw before. She has a long, beautiful black hair, down to her waist. With glasses, she has a really smart look.
 
All pairs of eyes turn to me and I bow with apologetic smile, "I'm sorry. I just finished the project stuff and all."
 
The next person I try to find with my eyes is Hoya. I expect he will raise his eyebrow, a sign that he will need a minute with me after this meeting...
 
...but he doesn't do that.
 
He looks at me for a split of a second before returning his sight to the person I assume as the new teacher.
 
"Right after all the teachers have introduced themselves to Eunye," the headmaster laughs. "Take your time with your twin then. The meeting is dismissed. Jang Songsaenim, please take care of her."
 
What is he talking about? Introduced themselves to Eunye? Your twin?
 
The other teachers leave the room, giving me a quick smile. I swear some of them actually laugh at me. What's going on really?
 
The headmaster pats my shoulder twice without a word before leaving the room as well, leaving me with Hoya, Dongwoo, and the new teacher. Hoya finally looks at me and says, "Have you finished with the checking?"
 
"I have," I reply and change my focus to the girl. "You must be the new dance teacher. I'm Choi Eunye. I teach English here. Nice to meet you."
 
Instead of introducing herself right away, she gives me a surprised look, moving her eyes slightly to Hoya, "Ah, so she is your fiancee."
 
"Eh?" I turn to look at Hoya but he doesn't show any special expression. "You two know each other?"
 
Hoya was going to answer me but the girl cuts his chance by introducing her name, "My name is Choi Eunye. What a coincidence, isn't it? I will be looking forward to work with you, Choi Songsaenim."
 
"Eunye," Dongwoo calls out and both of us who own Eunye as our names turn to him. "I mean Choi Eunye. Sorry, I mean... Aigoo. How can I differentiate you two?"
 
"I'm used to be called as Eunri," the new staff who has the exactly same name with me speaks. "My aunt insists to call me by that name since I was little. I'll go with that."
 
Dongwoo nods and continues, "Then, Eunri, I'll walk you around the school."
 
"Wait a moment," I interrupt, still curious about her reaction when I told her my name. "How did you know Hoya?"
 
"Hoya?" she looks a little bit confused but she comes to a realization. "Oh, you mean Howon. He told me about you when we met yesterday and I find it interesting."
 
I raise my eyebrown in disbelief, "Yesterday?"
 
"We need to go," Dongwoo pushes Eunri from behind with an unnatural grin. "Come on. No time to waste. I'll see you guys later, Eunye, Howon."
 
He closes the door and all I can hear now is the clock ticking. I'm waiting for him to say something and, thankfully, he finally speaks up after blowing his own bang awkwardly, "Don't misunderstand first, Eunye."
 
"I don't," I blurt out. "I'm just... I don't know. Perhaps wondering where you went yesterday when I was sick."
 
And, there, I just started the fire.
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated on 27 April 2013! Almost wo months already. Phew, an update, finally!
 
A twist or not?
 
Please do mind to drop your comment below or tell me any opinion via Twitter by mentioning @AFFkyuri91. ;)